Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Few things hunter related.

Ok, so I just finished getting my hunter ready for LFR and had a few questions.

1) Are websites such as Askmrrobot.com accurate for hunters, more specifically BM/Survival.
    I've used them in the past for rogues and paladins and they did fine but I hear they aren't accurate for some classes like mage's and not sure about hunters.

2) Asked this in the macro thread but I'll ask it here too just to be safe.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists][help][@pet]Misdirection

I want the macro to cast misdirection at a focus target, and if there isn't a focus target to cast it at my pet.

3) For solo'ing stuff I know I like Spirit Bond for the heal, but for raid and dungeons which one do you as a BM hunter prefer from the level 45 tree, I'm not sure if I notice much dps difference switching to Iron Hawk or not.

4) Explosive trap before or after running out of focus with Multi-Shot, or never?

5) other macro i asked about in macro thread.

#showtooltip
    /cast Bestial wrath
    /cast Rabid (Not part of macro: This is pet ability.)

other way I tried was

#showtooltip
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /petcast Rabid

Neither worked... >_<

6) Tips?

1)I have used wowreforge.com with the values; Crit:2.0, Mastery:1.9, Haste:1.4. Always gets me to hit/exp caps.

2)
    Code:
    #showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast [@focus, exists,  group] Misdirection; [@pet] Misdirection
    Is the macro I use, MD to pet when no focus and MD to Focus(Tank who pulls) if exists.

3)There is no DPS difference between Iron Hawk and Normal hawk. You just get 15% damage reduction. For Soloing/BGs/Dungs, I'd take Spirit Bond, for Arena/Raids you want Iron Hawk, do not underestimate the passive damage reduction.

4)I usually do 1 Multi-Shot, then Explo trap as BM, however the rare case of me being BM for AoE fights is pretty miniscule.

5)Don't bind Rabid to BW, you lose uptime on Rabid.

6)Get very good practice for the starting rotation, you have to nail it to get a good start and increase your DPS overall for the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    1)I have used wowreforge.com with the values; Crit:2.0, Mastery:1.9, Haste:1.4. Always gets me to hit/exp caps.

2)
    Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists,  group] Misdirection; [@pet] Misdirection
    Is the macro I use, MD to pet when no focus and MD to Focus(Tank who pulls) if exists.

3)There is no DPS difference between Iron Hawk and Normal hawk. You just get 15% damage reduction. For Soloing/BGs/Dungs, I'd take Spirit Bond, for Arena/Raids you want Iron Hawk, do not underestimate the passive damage reduction.

4)I usually do 1 Multi-Shot, then Explo trap as BM, however the rare case of me being BM for AoE fights is pretty miniscule.

5)Don't bind Rabid to BW, you lose uptime on Rabid.

6)Get very good practice for the starting rotation, you have to nail it to get a good start and increase your DPS overall for the encounter.
    1) Never used Wowreforge, mind explaining it a bit, looking at it not entirely sure how to use it... >_<
    feeling stupid cause of that... lol

2) THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been playing with the macro trying to make it work but it wouldn't...

3) Ok, Makes sense, thank you. ^^

4) I mainly ask for BM because I assume BM/Surv have different reforge sets which means I'd need a second set of gear for survival, though if they don't that eases things up on me.

5) Ok, wasn't sure if it would be a dps increase to have rabid up when I had BW if it was off CD at the time.

6) Not sure if I'm nailing it but what I usually do is (without using CD's such as Stampede etc. (Currently specced Barraged due to soloing Kara) ) is
    Blink Strike, BW, Kill Command, Arcane shot, Glaive when specced, KC if up, AS if not, AS 3x or until KC is up if it procs from ToTH, KC, Blink Strike, Glaive, and i work Cobra shots in there when I need Focus which varies depending on procs...

OH! Another Question, if I'm specced into ToTH and have the procs is it a DPS gain or loss to ignore them if I have Focus Fire(5 stacks) + Rapid Fire up making my cobra shot casts 1 second or faster and just spamming cobra instead of arcane when not KC/Glaive/Blink Strike until those are gone?

1. I find Wowreforge to be more accurate than Robot, but I'm not sure whether either of them support item upgrades, I'm currently like 0.1% over hit/exp caps. I know at least Wowreforge doesn't.

2. My macro gives you the option to mouseover just in case you have to focus a different target. I had it part of a macro with many modifiers which explains the "nomod" parts.

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nomod][@focus,help,nomod][@pet,exists,nomod,nodead] Misdirection
    6. Practice, practice, practice. Enough so that everything is muscle memory and you can play perfectly while watching South Park and eating food.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    1. I find Wowreforge to be more accurate than Robot, but I'm not sure whether either of them support item upgrades, I'm currently like 0.1% over hit/exp caps. I know at least Wowreforge doesn't.

2. My macro gives you the option to mouseover just in case you have to focus a different target. I had it part of a macro with many modifiers which explains the "nomod" parts.

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nomod][@focus,help,nomod][@pet,exists,nomod,nodead] Misdirection
    6. Practice, practice, practice. Enough so that everything is muscle memory and you can play perfectly while watching South Park and eating food.
    I just sat there playing with both WoWReforge and MrRobot together, found that they have very different ways of getting to the same place, not sure why, but here's my armory, so if you have a second take a look and tell me if it looks good(stats) to you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aneilia/simple

Obviously ignore the atrocious gear, like I said in OP, just got to LFR on this toon.

Thank you for addition of mouseover to the macro, that will be useful when I forget to set a focus.

Been practicing, about to go do some heroics with my new reforges see how much things have changed.(now that I don't have like a 8% chance to miss.)

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    1) Never used Wowreforge, mind explaining it a bit, looking at it not entirely sure how to use it... >_<
    feeling stupid cause of that... lol

4) I mainly ask for BM because I assume BM/Surv have different reforge sets which means I'd need a second set of gear for survival, though if they don't that eases things up on me.

6) Not sure if I'm nailing it but what I usually do is (without using CD's such as Stampede etc. (Currently specced Barraged due to soloing Kara) ) is
    Blink Strike, BW, Kill Command, Arcane shot, Glaive when specced, KC if up, AS if not, AS 3x or until KC is up if it procs from ToTH, KC, Blink Strike, Glaive, and i work Cobra shots in there when I need Focus which varies depending on procs...

OH! Another Question, if I'm specced into ToTH and have the procs is it a DPS gain or loss to ignore them if I have Focus Fire(5 stacks) + Rapid Fire up making my cobra shot casts 1 second or faster and just spamming cobra instead of arcane when not KC/Glaive/Blink Strike until those are gone?
    WowReforge quick guide: http://i.imgur.com/6lDXk.png

BM and Survival use the same refoging as of SrS hotfix buff.

Following a basic priority order during the start is important.

SrS > DB > (aMoC, if specced for) > BW+KC(macro preferably) > Blink Strike/Lynx Rush(if specced for)/GT > RF+Stampede > AS > AS > KC > Readiness+KC > GT > Blink Strike(if specced for)/AS > AS > DB(outside of BW) > SrS and follow the 2nd BW with the usual priority of abilities.

I usually tend to delay BW by up-to 4 seconds just so I can start BW with a KC

In regards to your question, AS should be more DPS regardless of 1 sec cast time on CS, and with both of those, you can spam AS a lot due to the increased focus regen.

BM and Survival use the same refoging as of SrS hotfix buff.

Following a basic priority order during the start is important.

SrS > DB > (aMoC, if specced for) > BW+KC(macro preferably) > Blink Strike/Lynx Rush(if specced for)/GT > RF+Stampede > AS > AS > KC > Readiness+KC > GT > Blink Strike(if specced for)/AS > AS > DB(outside of BW) > SrS and follow the 2nd BW with the usual priority of abilities.

I usually tend to delay BW by up-to 4 seconds just so I can start BW with a KC

In regards to your question, AS should be more DPS regardless of 1 sec cast time on CS, and with both of those, you can spam AS a lot due to the increased focus regen.
    If you change mastery to 1.9 you will see a loss of crit and more mastery.For example you may lose 300 crit for 312 mastery which is a dps loss. You'd want to go with the default except switch haste and mastery around so the stat priority looks like this:

Crit : 1.6
    Mastery: 1.4
    Haste : 1.31

You will also need to change the stat values of the items you have upgraded. Just simply click the wowhead image in wowreforge next to the item you have upgraded for all the items you h ave upgraded then click on the item itself and edit the stat values accordingly.

Here is the opener I do with the 4 piece

Prepot
    AMoC
    SrS
    Dire Beast
    RF
    Stampede
    BW
    KC
    GT
    AS x4
    KC
    Readiness
    KC
    GT
    Cobra x2 so I don't need to waste a GCD reapplying SrS
    AS
    KC
    AS x3
    (BW wears off)
    DB
    BW
    KC
    AS

Honestly, idk about toth, I'd just go about my normal rotation like above then after that I'd pay more attention to the procs since you have a small window to get off everything in perfect succession during the opener.

Comparing the stat priority you and I suggested with the OP's toon:

Mine

Crit: 5701
    Exp: 2558
    Haste: 2838
    Hit: 2211
    Mastery: 958

Yours

Crit: 5564
    Exp: 2550
    Hit: 2210
    Mastery: 1104

So using yours you are trading 137 crit for 146 mastery. Not worth it.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-04 at 10:40 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

Prepot
    AMoC
    SrS
    Dire Beast
    RF
    Stampede
    BW
    KC
    GT
    AS x4
    KC
    Readiness
    KC
    GT
    AS
    KC
    AS x3
    (BW wears off)
    DB
    BW
    KC
    AS
    I'm curious as to why you refresh SrS with Cobra? I'm 99% sure you are focus capped during BWs so 2x Cobra -> Wasted 2-3 GCDs instead of a cheap 15 focus re-application and only 1 GCD used. Also SrS is now higher damage than AS for BM even without refreshing with Cobra even once.

I'm curious as to why you refresh SrS with Cobra? I'm 99% sure you are focus capped during BWs so 2x Cobra -> Wasted 2-3 GCDs instead of a cheap 15 focus re-application and only 1 GCD used. Also SrS is now higher damage than AS for BM even without refreshing with Cobra even once.
    Actually, using AMoC outside of the first BW accounts for this with the arcane shot spam. I am usually at ~30 focus when I cobra shot and my cobra shot is at a 1.3 second cast time with just rapid fire and the 10% haste buff. If hero is popped at the beginning it is under a 1 second cast time. So using cobra x2 gets me ready for the next 16 seconds of arcane shot spam.

SrS ticks for about 15k - 30k for me and cobra shots hit for 20k - 40k.

Presuming you are using AMoC to halve your focus cost (because you are either using it at the beginning before bestial wrath with cobras in the middle or halving it and doing what you are doing):

5 ticks of SrS would be 115k - 230k so adding the 40k - 80k with cobras and another 40k - 80k from an arcane shot would be 195k - 390k

An arcane shot hits for 40k - 80k and SrS would be 115k - 230k with the arcane shot would be 155k - 310k.

The thing is you are wasting a GCD anyway by using BW to halve the focus cost of your AMoC during the opener so that would actually make it favor the cobra shots so much more.

You have ~3.6 (3 with RF + Hero) seconds with cobra shot and an arcane shot and 3 with AMoC, SrS and the Arcane Shot during the opener. This is without even looking at the benefits of the focus regen of cobra shotting.

Even without hero, I'm pretty sure with a .6 second execute time is worth it for 40k - 80k damage.

I'm not entirely sure, but I'll have to test it. Using my rotation extends SrS to 16 seconds after the second cobra shot. Not sure if that can yield an extra tick. If it does it is that much better.

During my tests I've seen it hit 18 seconds on SrS when I refresh it. Meaning I am getting 1 extra tick which would put everything at:

My rotation: 210k - 420k
    AMoC during BW: 155k - 310k

So 55k - 110k damage from using my rotation over using your first AMoC during BW.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-05 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Bad math is bad

problem i noticed with wowreforge is it doesn't seem to pull in the gear upgrade, where as askrobot does.

unless im missing something on wowreforge?

Quote Originally Posted by sl00thy View Post
    problem i noticed with wowreforge is it doesn't seem to pull in the gear upgrade, where as askrobot does.

unless im missing something on wowreforge?
    I'm assuming you didn't read my post

You'd want to go with the default except switch haste and mastery around so the stat priority looks like this:

You will also need to change the stat values of the items you have upgraded. Just simply click the wowhead image in wowreforge next to the item you have upgraded for all the items you have upgraded then click on the item itself and edit the stat values accordingly.

i read it :P, just didn't apparently comprehend it lol.

i did see on his FB post, he should have it working shortly though

If you change mastery to 1.9 you will see a loss of crit and more mastery.For example you may lose 300 crit for 312 mastery which is a dps loss. You'd want to go with the default except switch haste and mastery around so the stat priority looks like this:

You will also need to change the stat values of the items you have upgraded. Just simply click the wowhead image in wowreforge next to the item you have upgraded for all the items you h ave upgraded then click on the item itself and edit the stat values accordingly.

Prepot
    AMoC
    SrS
    Dire Beast
    RF
    Stampede
    BW
    KC
    GT
    AS x4
    KC
    Readiness
    KC
    GT
    AS
    KC
    AS x3
    (BW wears off)
    DB
    BW
    KC
    AS

Honestly, idk about toth, I'd just go about my normal rotation like above then after that I'd pay more attention to the procs since you have a small window to get off everything in perfect succession during the opener.

Mine

Yours

how do you have 500 ilvl and so little crit??? i have 499 and i have over 2k more crit then you. On top of that i have nearly 1k more master as well.

Deleted
    he stacks haste so he can refresh srs better with double cobras

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    how do you have 500 ilvl and so little crit??? i have 499 and i have over 2k more crit then you. On top of that i have nearly 1k more master as well.

Mine

Yours

OP's toon
    There you go.

Deleted
    For the macros:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists, help][@mouseover, help][@Sturmovnik, mod:shift, exists][@Amadra, exists][@pet, exists]Misdirection
    Code:
    #showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
    /cast [combat] Blood Fury(Racial)
    /use [combat] 10
    /use [combat] 13
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    /cast Rabid(Ferocity Ability)
    /cast Kill Command

For the stat weights, I use Hit and Exp at 4, crit 3, mastery 2, haste 1. Never had any issues with it.

In regards to the opener, its pretty subjective. What Tehstool said may be right, who knows. But what you want to keep in mind when opening as BM are a couple of things:

Make sure SS stays up, it hits a lot harder now with the 100% buff.
    Try to maximize getting as many KCs in your BW.
    Make sure you pop AMoC right after your first KC in BW for maximum damage increase.
    DO NOT overlap BW with your second BW. Use your second right after the first one finishes.
    SPAM Arcane shot!

If you go from there, you can pretty much work around whats best for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    DO NOT overlap BW with your second BW. Use your second right after the first one finishes.
    What I do is wait a few seconds so I can use the 2nd BW when my KC gets ready again so I can use KC the first GCD of BW.

Thanks for guide, I was sitting looking at it confused when I was asking... lol
    Okie, Wasn't sure so I figured I'd check while I'm asking everything else... XD

Ok, I played with the stats after reading through the rest of the thread since my last post and finished it up, so if you guys don't mind taking a look and telling me if you see any blaringly obvious(to you) mistakes I would be much obliged.

Prepot
    AMoC
    SrS
    Dire Beast
    RF
    Stampede
    BW
    KC
    GT
    AS x4
    KC
    Readiness
    KC
    GT
    AS
    KC
    AS x3
    (BW wears off)
    DB
    BW
    KC
    AS

I was about to ask what AMoC was then I realized it, but out of curiosity, is the damage worth losing the free Teleport+damage from pet for Blink strike?
    Or would it work just fitting Blink Strike into the mix

Which then leaves me between ToTH and DB as to which is better from a DPS standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    For the macros:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists, help][@mouseover, help][@Sturmovnik, mod:shift, exists][@Amadra, exists][@pet, exists]Misdirection

Code:
    #showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
    /cast [combat] Blood Fury(Racial)
    /use [combat] 10
    /use [combat] 13
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    /cast Rabid(Ferocity Ability)
    /cast Kill Command
    Thank you! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    In regards to the opener, its pretty subjective. What Tehstool said may be right, who knows. But what you want to keep in mind when opening as BM are a couple of things:

Make sure SS stays up, it hits a lot harder now with the 100% buff.
    Try to maximize getting as many KCs in your BW.
    Make sure you pop AMoC right after your first KC in BW for maximum damage increase.
    SPAM Arcane shot!

If you go from there, you can pretty much work around whats best for you.
    So with even more people mentioning it, I'm guessing AMoC is a big DPS difference over Blink Strike and its worth switching to it rather than BS?
    When you say overlap, I take it you mean after using Readiness?

In general amoc is coming out higher than either other option. There may be a few fights where lynx may still win out but your best bet is amoc after the lynx changes. Blink was never on top from what I know of.