HDD running kinda hot - 50C

Just got my hdd RMA back from seagate, it's the crappy ST315000AS 7200.11 that had the firmware problems - and now it's running sorta hot at 50 deg celsius. Is this normal or what? Should i do something?
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Can't say thats normal no. Mine runs at 26-35C and I live in the middle east :P
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

15+ Year Old Account
    First, 50°C is within specs. Most consumer hard drives have an upper limit of 55°C for 24/7 usage.

But "how hot" relatively speaking that 50°C is, depends on the circumstances. E.g. if you have that hdd running in a cramped, small case without any real ventilation, then 50°C is perfectly fine. But if you have a big, good ventilated case, maybe even with direct air flow over the hard drives, then 50°C is pretty hot. Because imagine if the hard drive is running at 50°C with good ventilation, how hot will it run without air flow?
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    First, 50°C is within specs. Most consumer hard drives have an upper limit of 55°C for 24/7 usage.

But "how hot" relatively speaking that 50°C is, depends on the circumstances. E.g. if you have that hdd running in a cramped, small case without any real ventilation, then 50°C is perfectly fine. But if you have a big, good ventilated case, maybe even with direct air flow over the hard drives, then 50°C is pretty hot. Because imagine if the hard drive is running at 50°C with good ventilation, how hot will it run without air flow?
    Frontmost HDD bay of cosmos 1000, so i'd say it's pretty well off
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."