Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    "Different Animations" is in reference to this weapon has animations for these abilities/attacks and this weapon does not. Anything you can do with a Bow, you can do with a Gun. However, axes do not have an animation for Mutilate, so transmogging an axe onto a dagger wouldn't work. Polearms and Staves should work because anything you can do with a Polearm equipped can also be done with a stave. They're not adding additional animations for this fix. My impression is anything that can be done without an animation overhaul will be available.
    There is an animation for Mutilate for non daggers (those animations aren't actually tied to the weapon, but the character model) - Raging Blow shares its animation with Mutilate and I can do it with all axes, swords, and maces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravemind View Post
    why does your shaman have daggers
    PvE Dagger, PvP Dagger, any future dagger drops.

Caster Daggers mkay

They're working on it! Same way they're working on polearms for DKs/Rets/Warriors, which I dearly hope comes to pass, because I want my DK to eternally wield a polearm.

Deleted
    Strength Polearm that i'm using on my Warrior untill I can find the ilvl 450 2h Sword to lvl with. :P

Kinda dumb if they don't change the restrictions for daggers/fist weapons. Mutilate/Backstab are unique animations however having a sword/axe/mace/fist weapon/staff etc doesn't stop you from using the animations in the Model Viewer. This is PTR so things definitely aren't finalized but if it remains like this once 5.2 hits live then I'm sure a lot of rogues/monks/shamans will not be pleased and they will make quite an uproar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Then there would be just as many people complaining that transmog is breaking animations.
    Thankfully it's totally optional.

If you don't wanna dual wield polearms, you won't have to.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Looks like Enhance gets a raw deal from this as well

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    However, axes do not have an animation for Mutilate
    In short: Raging Blow says hi.

In less short: Raging blow uses the same animation as mutilate. Warriors can wield axes.

It comes down to this:

Daggers use a stabbing animation.
    Fist weapons use a punching (unarmed) animation
    Axes, swords, and maces use a "slashing" animation

In the case of ranged weapons, crossbows and guns have the same animation, and bows have a separate animation, but unlike melee weapons, ranged weapons themselves are animated (drawing the bowstring, cocking the gun/crossbow). It's easy to transmog melee weapons with the same animation--just put new weapon model in place of old one. Done. It's probably just blizzard being lazy and not incorporating the ranged weapon transmog system to melee weapons (ie, transmog to a dagger and it switches to dagger character animation).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-01-06 at 03:59 AM.

It might not be laziness but engine restrictions that need to be dealt with first. Ranged weapons always had to be interchangeable, melee weapons less so. They might not even work the same internally.

Since this is purely vanity, those are unlikely to have much priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Title.
    Daggers can only be transmogrified to Daggers.

This affects us more than anyone else, dear Rogues. To the forums with us?
    It also screws over mages and locks. I was looking forward to using Thunderfury on my lock in PvP.

This is really disappointing since daggers, without exception, look dull.

May as well have stated "transmog has been improved for 2h melee".

No, I did not bother to read ALL of the thread, BUT…

I think Legendaries should get special TMog rules…!

I earned my shiny daggers, I want to show them off for more than the last few months of Cata…! Let us Rogues that have earned our Fangs of the Father use them to tmog over ANY of our available weapons (which, at this point, is really just MH/OH fists, MH/OH daggers or MH fist/OH dagger…); and, AND…!!! Let us be able to still use the wings for a parachute…!!!

Yeah, the Goblin Glider is okay, but it ain't no demon wings sprouting out of my neck and allowing me a short duration of slowfall…

Nah im going to stick with my gutgore rippers

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 08:17 PM ----------

I think allowing people to transmog legend. is just stupid lol.
    All you would see are people walking around with windfury and rag and azzinoth blades lol, its like give me a brake!

Ok. *hands DrasumNato a brake* So now what?

I don't think everybody would run around with them, though. Some of them don't look all that great, and they still take some rather considerable effort to attain.

I'm a bit confused - can we transmog main-hand daggers to off-hand?

I've got this nice caster dagger with a green glow I'd love to dual wield!

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Boil View Post
    No, I did not bother to read ALL of the thread, BUT…

I think Legendaries should get special TMog rules…!

I earned my shiny daggers, I want to show them off for more than the last few months of Cata…! Let us Rogues that have earned our Fangs of the Father use them to tmog over ANY of our available weapons (which, at this point, is really just MH/OH fists, MH/OH daggers or MH fist/OH dagger…); and, AND…!!! Let us be able to still use the wings for a parachute…!!!

Yeah, the Goblin Glider is okay, but it ain't no demon wings sprouting out of my neck and allowing me a short duration of slowfall…

Oh yeah, really loved those wings!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    So, does anyone have any sick spell daggers in mind for xmog next patch?
    Huh? You can transmog agi weapons to int weapons and vice verse now. Weapon stats are irrelevant for transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Title.

As of 5.2, you are able to transmogrify weapons of similar types to and from one another (1h sword -> 1h axe).

Fist Weapons can only be transmogrified to Fist Weapons.

Daggers can only be transmogrified to Daggers.

This affects us more than anyone else, dear Rogues. To the forums with us?

There is absolutely no more functional difference in game between a sword and a dagger than between a sword and an axe, and I'd like us not to have to stand for this.
    5.2 transmog changes can be summed up like this:

If it has the same animation, it can be changed to it.

Its that simple. Did you even read the patch notes? There are no weapons that share animations with fist weapons or daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes, pretty much. It's all about animations. Still, hunters can mog between ragned weapons and all three have a different animaton. Who knows.
    Guns and Crossbows share the same animation.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Strength Polearm that i'm using on my Warrior untill I can find the ilvl 450 2h Sword to lvl with. :P
    At 90 you can get a 463 Strength Polearm from the Scenario Cache (it's not easy, but they do exist). A guildie's Ret Pally has one.

I want Polearms to be transmogable onto other 2H so badly as my Paladin, cause I am a Blood Elf. Go look at every single Blood Knight during the Dominance Offensive questline. What weapon do they use? POLEARM. I want my class' signature weapon back!

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 01:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes, pretty much. It's all about animations. Still, hunters can mog between ragned weapons and all three have a different animaton. Who knows.
    As to this, while yes they use different animations... they all have ONE animation. One singular animation for every single attack. Nothing changes in how the weapon is fired. It uses the same single attack animation for an Auto-Shot, Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot, Serpent Sting, Steady Shot, etc. etc. Nothing changes with the animation used, hence why it can be allowed to be done, nothing had to really be changed to cover for different special attack animations.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Perhaps they don't want daggers bieng transmogged into non-daggers for PVP purposes? Ie. you can somewhat tell the various specs of other classes by looking at their visible loadout and therefore know what you're up against and what you'll need to react to. I don't think this is the full reason for not letting daggers be mogged to another weapon type, but its something to take into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Huh? You can transmog agi weapons to int weapons and vice verse now. Weapon stats are irrelevant for transmog.
    Many of them are currently main hand and will be changed to one hand in 5.2.