10+ Year Old Account

[Ele] Hwill: What kind of DPS are you pulling?

Maybe its just me, but with all the spread out multi-target and add control (capacitor, earthgrab, tstorm, projection) and off-healing my dps barely scrapes 58k on this fight whereas the rest of my raid apart from the spark soaking hunter is a decent amount ahead.

We've killed it, but just out of curiosity what kind of #'s you guys pull on this fight (while still doing add-control/off-healing). Should I be banking DPS cds for the DPS breaks?

Deleted
    I've started a trial with a brand new guild and the first fight was H -WotE.

I was flat bottom, I put it down to me not playing the fight before, but then we had 12 wipes and was still flat bottom.

I was reached same as you OP around 60k dps, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I feel for you having to do that fight as your first on trial. I really chalk it up to the nature of the fight, can only execute a single target rotation basically with the way we do it (kill adds as they come) and then you have stuff dying fast and having to get flame shock up every time you switch. Its just frustrating as I am pretty competitive so I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

The only thing you can do is be really good about rooting, stunning, and knocking back. Getting those rages to die in the same place can make all the difference (for us at least) and I'm sure your guild would be impressed with some clutch thunderstorms. Ironically, the more you play utility the more your DPS takes a hit, but that's just the way it goes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not done in a few weeks because I personally don't need any gear from the boss so i'd rather sit, but I did around 107k DPS on our last kill. I'm in a 25 man guild, we cc one set of adds and aoe them down when two packs are down. This tactic works rather nice for elemental. Sadly I haven't really seen any of the content this expansion on 10 man so I don't have any feel for the fights in there. I presume with the numbers you're pulling it's one pack at a time.
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!

If you're talking about 10M, Ele just isn't a very good spec for this fight. You really shouldn't be concerned, though, since it's a mechanic fight and your tanks will take care of the bosses. Play utility to the best of your abilities.

On 25M, Ele can cheese a bit depending on the strategy. (Many guilds will burn 8 rages at once and CL / LvBeam spam is amazing for this.)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=7188#Hartlis

There's a log from a few weeks ago. If you're good at picking through them, hopefully that'll help.

I throw down Earthgrab for every Rage spawn, Thunderstorm for the knockback if adds are too close to the raid. Swap for every courage spawn and strengths. We lust on the first intermission (read: when adds stop spawning for a bit). I use all of my CDs here, with Fire Ele on the shortened CD so that it's up for most of the burn phases.

Outside of that, it's really a matter of ABC (Always be casting). If you're running to swap to a Courage, throw up a flame shock and toss out a lightning bolt / earth shock if there's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic will 10 is horrible for elemental because of the target switching.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=5017#Vanasex

That's a rank 65 with only 68k DPS. :\

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

if you are off healing, why do you care about your dps?

if your heal technically saves someone from dying, in my opinion you now gain all their damage done, because without you they would do no damage.

its like tsulong, i was 3 million damage behind the other elemental, but i healed the boss for 14.7 million. which is basically 14.7 million damage any way you look at it.

unless its a patchwerk fight its not about doing dps. control, knockbacks, off-healing etc all matter, like vizier all about surviving and save others if you can with off heals.

you've killed it so thats all that matters imo just stick to what you are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies, it's just the most significant margin between my dps and the rest of the raids that 've seen on any fight this tier and I guess I wanted a little reassurance. It is kind of shocking to be at least 20-30% behind the rest of the raid.

Just for reference I am referring to 10m in a scenario where we kill adds as they spawn.

I approach this fight in a very similar manner as Stone Guards. You want to replace LB with CL when you have 2 rages stacked up. Abusing this can give you a sizable increase in your dps.

Also as other people have noted, Always Be Casting, pop CDs when you know you can get a full duration off (i.e. pop ascendance for the first strength), and have great raid awareness by looking at addons (or the environment around you!) to see when and where adds will be spawning.

At the time of my parse, I scored a 17th rank for H Will, which has now fallen to a rank 30 by following that loose guide. We also kill the adds as they spawn. Let me know if you have any other questions, but this fight is far from ideal for Elemental.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...161#Ballpooner

Deleted
    I always actually multi-dot FS on the bosses, since it gives more Lava Surge procs, but then I don't have T14 4p -- despite what the guides say, it seems to be a large DPS increase for me.

You need to game the start of the fight to get the maximum you can off on the adds (pre-cast Earthquake). Thus as soon as the boss' come up, I FS one, lava burst, Elemental blast, FE down/ascendance in the global and Spirit walker's grace, and spam the fuck out of them. It helps a lot to get the DPS back up. As soon as Ascendance is off, re-FS to take advantage of no shield stacks, and then begin normal rotation, multi-dotting the bosses as you can.

It really depends on how your guild deals with the adds, and you need to plan and base your DPS around that.

My dps on this (10HC) has been 50k, 50k, 57k, 59k. I am the main Rage controller (capacitor, earthgrab, TS, projection) and I don't touch Courages and do very little to Strengths. DPS is irrelevant to me on this but if you're ultra-competitive or need to impress a new guild 70k+ should be doable with effort.