Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I don't really want to read it, but sure it's possible. It's called going faster then the speed of light. You might not get the results you where hoping for though.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 09:48 PM ----------

If someone is going to bring up a theory they have to be ready to get criticized, harshly. Especially on the internet.
    I think you missed the part where he admitted it was just a joke, dear.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    and then string theory was invented (I have no clue wtf string theory is, >.>).
    It's this crazy/insane idea that electrons are actually "strings". That's why in their awesome creativity, physicists called their brand new idea "string theory". Amazing isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You know that while we're sleeping the time is measurable by an outside entity that proves that we're not time traveling (that is, moving forward in time without actually living that time), and the effects are clearly seen upon us.

So, no. You're wrong.
    I am literally laughing right now. His post + location = gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    I think you missed the part where he admitted it was just a joke, dear.
    Joke or not, he probably should have put it in the original post instead of after already being criticized.

Even if he did that it would have continued to be criticized and discussed.

It's 2013, anything is possible already. Artificial organs, Multiverse, animals that could technically live forever, string theory, photos near the threshold of the big bang, hydron collider, photo of light in place, and the list goes on and on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me the OP is trolling !!! Time is relative, so your first example is flawed, its not time travel !!!
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow...I'm impressed at how bad you're at trolling OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Joke or not, he probably should have put it in the original post instead of after already being criticized.

Prime example here of a forum member who gets bent out of shape too easily. This is why you have to preface your jokes as such. You don't want to get them too riled up.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Time doesnt exist, it is an illusion created by our minds to make sense of entropy and repeating patterns, it is not a dimension and it cannot be manipulated, move along.

You can "move forward" in time, by creating a massive gravitational field which in turn will slow the entropy inside it to the point that its perception will also slow down and preserve whatever is inside it until the field is shutdown, relatively, the guy inside just spent a day inside a machine, but 100 years have passed.

But honestly, calling "that" time travel is akin to calling your fridge a time travel machine.
    "you put apple in fridge, apple good as before you put it in there 2 weeks ago, all other apples spoiled, see? time travel, in apple eyes only 2 days have passed"

*devious laughter*

It's also a god awful "joke" regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post

Now give me my Nobel prize!
    someone just watched that movie where you use a pendant to another world but your body is asleep on the other world. lulz

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It's this crazy/insane idea that electrons are actually "strings". That's why in their awesome creativity, physicists called their brand new idea "string theory". Amazing isn't it
    Indeed, scientists have the best naming skills, EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Time doesnt exist, it is an illusion created by our minds to make sense of entropy and repeating patterns, it is not a dimension and it cannot be manipulated, move along.
    Of course time exists. How else do you explain General Relativity? Time dilation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course time exists. How else do you explain General Relativity? Time dilation?
    You crazy fire-people.... reality is clearly a sequence of frozen images that we hop between from one to another, all of which exist simultaneously with no concept of time or motion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tehnicaly what are you saying its not time travel. Its a power off switch of brains.

But it could be posible too time travel. Let me explain it.
    In future when we have a tehnology where we can frezze ourselfs we put on some kind of mind helmets (like matrix) and we sleep frozen there for let say 800 years till out spaceship comes too a new planet.

Op probaly watched some kind of movies.

P.s -- i hate when this happens, i prefer having some dreams (happens if i am drunk)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Ha! someone took the bait, sadly im far too sleepy to go on

"and this is how gps satellites work" eh?

Read what I said
    Speed or gravitational changes will decrease the rate of entropy, which explains why clocks will slow down at high speeds during the tests that were done.
    There are 2 theories on how it works, both have the same result really and same applications, but one see's time as a dimension and thus manipulable in terms of "time travel", the other doesnt and says that while it is very cute and dandy, we cant travel in it because there is "nothing" to travel by.

I enjoy exploring the second, gets me into far more arguments and i enjoy arguments as they force me to understand and expose me to different prespectives, sadly as i just said im too tired for this shit shouldnt have baited, darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    how to time travel.

1. get a dalorean (or however you spell it)

2. get a flux capacitor (or soda stream thing)

3. get to 88 mph
    Don't need that. All you need is a Time And Relative Dimension/s In Space (TARDIS) You can go to any planet at any time. The Dalorean only allows for time travel within the one planet you are on.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Don't need that. All you need is a Time And Relative Dimension/s In Space (TARDIS) You can go to any planet at any time. The Dalorean only allows for time travel within the one planet you are on.
    Meh far more fun to enter the chaos realm tbh.

Everyone calm down! We will assemble a group outside the village. Be sure to get your pitchforks and torches, this beast has nowhere to run...

I'm going to take a page out of Billy Madison for this. I know now that the OP was joking, but jokes are meant to be funny not infuriatingly retarded. What you have just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational or funny thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.