Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Correct me if I wrong but isn't WoW mostly rendered by the CPU?
    Yeah, you are wrong. Both are important, but GPU requirements are much lower.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Batta..._Gaming_Laptop

will play wow on medium-high settings, and will play swtor on medium settings.

very good deal and less then 800 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Batta..._Gaming_Laptop

will play wow on medium-high settings, and will play swtor on medium settings.

very good deal and less then 800 bucks.
    With Intel Graphics, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Does she really need a Laptop? i'd say that she should think of getting a small tower rather than a laptop, there is rather light-weight towers out there, that can run world of warcraft quite good and that aint that expensive.
    told her that but she wants a laptop unfortunately

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Nope lol. :P

If I am correct they user lower quality parts than for exampe Asus, which I adore btw. ASUS ftw!

I might be biased against them but numbers say they have high fail rates.

If you want my opinion: take anything but a HP or Lenovo.
    They all use wd/seagate hdds anymore. They all use motherboards who are made by foxconn, they all have the same optical drives and same ram manufacturers anymore. For everyday use about any new laptop with an i5 with some sort of discrete graphics will do for light gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    With Intel Graphics, no.

The site says wow on high swtor on medium. I dont think they would be able to false advertise sooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The site says wow on high swtor on medium. I dont think they would be able to false advertise sooo.
    You don't know in what situation they deem it playable, they can claim it is playable on high settings and only tried it during solo questing. I doubt they base their claims on 25man raiding.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I got myself a Medion laptop, which is pretty robust and has some very decent parts in it and it runs wow pretty smooth. However, I basically went for hardware and not for design or weight. If she wants to carry it around a lot, this might not be your best option.

That said, I would always recommend a PC over a laptop when it comes down to gaming. In my opinion, laptops are terrible gaming devices that should be avoided if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    An HD 4000 play WoW decently? Sorry but it won't

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-H...0.69168.0.html

They ran it at 1024x768 with Medium settings and got ~75 fps or so... but 1024x768 is small as heck
    I think the point is that the screen isn't going to do 1920x1080 (only 13666x780ish which is fine for a 14" screen) anyways, thus you don't really need as powerful of a graphics card. It should do fine on medium settings even in a 10-25man raid.

I'm not going to say it's going to be the best laptop for gaming, but that isn't what OP is asking for either.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2013-01-04 at 06:44 AM.