Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Idon't think it's healthy since it's a bunch of chemicals pulled all together. Then again, it can't be that bad

Btw, not everyone likes it, in fact, it's annoying past the 3 first minutes and let's not talk about ppl using it while talking to others.
    YOU are a bunch of chemicals pulled all together, is there anything wrong with you? :P (You as in humans in general, not specifically you)
    Also, what the others said, plus it supposedly also increases brain activity, however I'm in lazy mode atm and can't find a nice one (there are several lying around on the interwebz)

Edit: There you go
    In conclusion, chewing gum appears to be of benefit to
    working memory, episodic long-term memory, languagebased attention and processing speed, but not to executive
    function.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2013-01-04 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    I've heard most gums aren't really healthy. I think it's because if you eat them often it'll do something to your mouth's muscles and you're wasting saliva, but I don't think that's really a problem.

I dislike gums so I don't eat them nor do I get informed about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Is it? I've been hearing alot of opinions recently.

Some say that specific types are healthy for your teeth, but can anyone supply any source or some kind of proof of this?

There are loads of theories, too many to list. I would like to see them all, for this is the international day of Bubble Gum love!
    There are specific bubblegums that have components that can act protectively, but they're generally found in drug stores. I feel that they are pointless and taste bad, due to always having the artificial sweetener Aspartam.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Everypony loves Gum, No question about that. Also heard from a reliable souce that its pretty healthy. :>
    Please, keep fandom jargon's in fandom threads. No offense meant, but it can be a bit obnoxious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sugar free gum is good for your teeth. The act of chewing burns a minimal amount of calories, but it makes you salivate which balances the pH in your mouth and naturally whitens your teeth. For some people it reduces their appetite, for others it increases it. For appetite it's case by case, but if you find it reduces your appetite it has that added benefit.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Sugar free gum is good for your teeth. The act of chewing burns a minimal amount of calories, but it makes you salivate which balances the pH in your mouth and naturally whitens your teeth. For some people it reduces their appetite, for others it increases it. For appetite it's case by case, but if you find it reduces your appetite it has that added benefit.
    Very informative, thank you Aleros.

After reading all of these things I am going to be chewing gum while raiding. The people on vent are going to hate me, but I'll love it!