What do you work out to?

I'm trying to find some new music to put on while I work out. Currently I listen to stuff that hits hard cranked up to make me feel like a badass None of this dubstep/trance/whateveritscalled crap with no words though, I can't stand that. I need some lyrics that I can get into as well

A few of my favorites currently are: The White Stripes-Blue Orchid, 2 Chainz-I'm Different, C Colly-Gronk Party(Pats fan so I dig it, House Party remix), Lil Wayne-I'm The Truth, Nicki Minaj-Beez in the Trap (Hate the song but the beat is sick turned up).

What songs get you pumped up?

Deleted
    All the Rocky songs:

Didn't actually work out to them
    , but planning to. :P
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-01-04 at 04:50 AM.

I don't get the whole high-octane "pumped up" music to work out to. I work out to some really chill, ambient stuff. I know you're not looking for electronica, but liquid drum and bass does wonders for me. For something more lyrical, I can usually get into trip hop.

When I work out (I don't do much cardio, mostly strength training), I want to keep my mind in the most "zen" state possible, and really concentrate on how my muscles move and work with each other during every stage of any lift. I also go heavy and slow, and usually to failure. It usually come before a heavily modified yoga-esque routine that serves as a cooldown and a strech session, on top of being a workout in and of itself.

I've often been told by random people at the gym that I'm the calmest damn lifter they've ever seen.

Yeah, I know, not helpful at all. Sometimes I just ramble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    System of a Down or Linkin Park

I like music where i can tell the lyrics but they still do a lot of screaming/powerful singing in high sound and tempo.

Right now on my gym mp3 player I have some Led Zep, Dream Theater, Muse, Queen, The Ataris, Foo Fighters & an old classic rock compilation, I find it helps me get to a place where I can go along without being distracted while keeping a reasonably good tempo.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Inb4 Down With the Sickness by Disturbed teehee
    Good Mourning/Black Friday by Megadeth is great. Pretty dark lyrics, but definitely 'bad-ass' when lifting, especially those heavy riffs. For my cardio I usually always have Aces High by Iron Maiden as the first song when I go for my jog. I love flying. I love the adrenaline I get from flying and the lyrics are a great build-up and when Bruce belts out the chorus I just can't help but sing along.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    (Snip)
    I've often been told by random people at the gym that I'm the calmest damn lifter they've ever seen.

Yeah, I know, not helpful at all. Sometimes I just ramble.
    To each his own, I may or may not have listen to Carly Rae Jepsen while working out before

Quote Originally Posted by FatRastafarian View Post
    Inb4 Down With the Sickness by Disturbed teehee
    Sure did just go load that one up on youtube before replying to this!

No clue why but sick guitar riffs just don't get me going.

Rise against

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 04:51 PM ----------

almost forgot, Blink 182

Hood shit.

Chief Keef, Young Jeezy, 2 Chainz, ASAP Rocky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Metal/core

I like to start every workout with:

Deleted

ZYZZ

It varies but lately it's been Born of Osiris, Bury Your Dead (so glad Mat Bruno is back, hated the releases with the other vocalist), Hopsin, Ace Hood, Kendrick Lamar and Nas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rock or metalcore for me. I find people screaming in my ear to be pretty motivating. Harness the rage!