Poll: Do you support groups like Anonymous?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Video Leaked By Hackers Shows Ohio Teens Laughing About Rape

Warning: The video below has very vulgar and offensive language. I have spoken with a mod before hand making this thread and was given the all clear. As long as we keep things civil and do not derail this thread. Then its alright. So please be respectful to each other.

Information on HuffPost about this story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...m_hp_ref=crime

Other soucres: http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2013...-by-anonymous/

– Enter Anonymous –

On August 27, 2012 two members of the Big Red High School football team in Steubenville, Ohio – USA were arrested and charged with the rape and kidnapping of an out of town 16 year old girl that took place on August 11th. At the time of this gang rape, the girl was intoxicated and unconscious. The victim had been intentionally drugged with a “date rape” intoxicant. She was photographed and video was taken of her in this condition, and there is evidence that she was hauled in a comatose state to multiple parties – and almost certainly raped by more members of the local high school football team than just the two players who currently stand charged. There is even evidence that she was urinated upon during this hideous assault.

On December 23, 2012 a cell within Anonymous called “Knight Sec” took up the cause of giving a voice to the victim of this horrible crime, and began unraveling this conspiracy of silence designed to protect a group of these high school football players who had become well known to their fellow students as “The Rape Crew”. Fueled by intelligence they had received from many students at Big Red High School, they launched Operation RollRedRoll by releasing this video. Take careful note of the various screen capture images of pictures taken by these monsters of this poor defenseless girl, and note their many comments made in tweets and Facebook posts regarding their crime (now since deleted).

Despite all this, it looked as though a town rife with corruption, cronyism, illegal gambling and fixated upon their star high school football team (a major economic revenue engine) were prepared to orchestrate a major cover-up in order to sweep the entire affair under the rug. As this disclosure will document, this cover-up was perpetrated by people in the high school administration, local government and law enforcement.

Click here for the video by Anonymous

This details the entire scandal laid out and whos in on it etc

Now Information here: http://localleaks.blogs.ru/

My question is this. This is a group in my mind protects the interest of the people. They saw a small town cover up and exposed it for all the world to see. As you can see from the video. The man is openly laughing about the situation without a care in the world. I have two questions

Do you support groups like Anonymous who go after corrupt officials and target cover ups?

Do you think the men should be tried as adults. This is the majority of the question right here? right now since they are under age. They cannot be charged as adults considering the crime..I wanted to get some personal feedback from our great community on what you think. Me personally? I think its great what they did. They exposed a major cover up that went from the Sheiff all the all up the DA. Publishing information most cops would NEVER be able to obtain.

Its Public Justice in my view.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-01-04 at 05:27 AM.

Yeah I guess that's pretty cool.

Which moderator did you speak to about the content of this thread, might I ask?

Edit: Do I support them? Maybe they should hand their information over to proper authorities instead of taking matters into their own hands, but yeah I can see how they could be viewed as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interested in how they got this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anonymous does good sometimes. It's hit or miss with them. Its either back them 100% or don't back them at all=/
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    DDOS attacks!

Anonymous is a group of well know collected hackers. Actually they were the group that went against sites like PayPayl after they refused to accept Payments to things like Winki Leaks. This report has been all over the news. (The news station actually using the pictures and videos) Its actually very very interesting. In pursuit of public interest they did what the police could not. They blew the lid off a massive cover up from the DA to the Police.

It really is mind blowing.

And Majad approved the content. I pmed all the content in advance with my intentions. As long as the thread is kept civil and no personal insults. (I assume we can all do this) then it should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    DDOS attacks!
    Hacking!!!!1!!!*

People will actually believe that DDOSing is hacking

10+ Year Old Account
    You have an interesting and funny way of wording your polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Anonymous is a group of well know collected hackers. Actually they were the group that went against sites like PayPayl after they refused to accept Payments to things like Winki Leaks. This report has been all over the news. (The news station actually using the pictures and videos) Its actually very very interesting. In pursuit of public interest they did what the police could not. They blew the lid off a massive cover up from the DA to the Police.

It really is mind blowing.

And Majad approved the content. I pmed all the content in advance with my intentions. As long as the thread is kept civil and no personal insults. (I assume we can all do this) then it should be fine.
    Well, yeah, no shit.

But HOW did they get it? Did they steal some kid's laptop and find the video on there?

Did somebody be a snitch?

Did someone send them a virus and upload all video files on their computer as a result?

I thought Anonymous wasn't really a "collective group" and was just anyone who wanted to join the cause or some shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were up to me they'd be castrated. But hey a long time in jail works too I guess. And I support some parts of Anon, their biggest weakness (and their biggest strength) is that since anyone with a basic understanding of computers and hacking can put on the Guy Fawkes mask and to whatever. Sometimes that person or persons do great things like this, which make them look great, or some people in it do something idiotic like threaten to take down Facebook which makes them look... well idiotic. It's a double edged sword.

And for this like I said earlier I think they should at the very least get thrown in jail for a very long time, and at the most be chemically castrated. I despise rapists, and I'm overjoyed that at least some of these bastards were caught.

Well, yeah, no shit.

But HOW did they get it? Did they steal some kid's laptop and find the video on there?

Did somebody be a snitch?

Did someone send them a virus and upload all video files on their computer as a result?
    To be honest. I have almost no idea. They offered the foot ball players a chance to say sorry or they would release a video. I guess the bluff was called and they went forth publishing this video. This is barely hitting the hilt of it. They also (on other sites) have published the names and address along with number (now disconnected) of the people in this case.

I sincerely have no clue how they obtained this information. I found the video and followed the twitter link and posted the information here. It reveals a well laid out cover up in Ohio that otherwise would have been sweep-ed under the rug. In this new age of the internet. Its odd we have people with the access and ability to do things. Its actually quite impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same. My guess is someone who goes to the same school as them must've hacked their computer to find evidence, and found this video (the rapists must've been stupid enough to make one) or one of them snitched.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-01-04 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry i just watched the video. My God i was these kids age a few years ago and these kids are horrible human beings. Like the dead people he was joking about was not funny at all. What complete and utter, for lack of a better word, scumbags. How DUMB can you be to record a video like this after court.... My God the stupidity!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

15+ Year Old Account
    Anonymous isn't really a "group", it's not made of "hackers" any more than it's made up of 20-something neckbeards and script kiddies and trolls. It has no real purpose and no real goals, it's just a bunch of losely connected people who sometimes organize enough to kick up a shit storm.

Sometimes they manage to actually do positive things, sometimes they are nothing but a bunch of internet bullies. It depends on the circumstances and what people are participating in "Anonymous" at the time.

Most of the stuff they've done is not particularily sophisticated. DDOS attacks, blackmail, manipulation. In this case they probably wormed their way into the situation and gathered information and then posted it online at a later date.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for them being tried as Adults, it's not uncommon for this (kids tried as adults) to happen where I come from, but the decision is not make lightly, the crime in itself has to be incredibly insidious, the fact that there was a cover up here is sick enough as it is, seriously, this is the sort of shit I'd expect from a movie.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    who would have thought,a time where heroic-willed civilians have the power to make a difference and bring justice,this reminds me of comic heroes like batman.
    props to anonymous

Deleted
    Heh, so many people taking part in the cover up, you'd think it's from a movie. But still, no one saw them dragging an unconcious girl from party to party?

Do you support groups like Anonymous?
    In a case like this, absolutely.

realistically groups like anonymous inevitably have a lifespan. if they take down assholes like this on their journey so much the better
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.