Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Where do bosses get the loot they're carrying.. @_@

Seriously I have ALWAYS wondered this.

I mean some of it makes sense, like Ragnaros and Sulfuras dropping off him, or Cho'gall and the Hammer of Twilight. Or a Armor wearing boss having like a robe on him that he also drops (which also kind of means what we are undressing the boss).

But where do bosses get like "Cloth Robes" or "Plate Bracers".

Honestly by that logic, this is what happens:

Character 1: Oh my God, those robes on Grand Empress Shekzeer look AMAZING. Look at those stats!

Character 2: Jeez! She was holding 40 Valor Points?!

Character 3: Wow..a Mace she wasn't..even....using.

Character 4: Apparently she was holding a conveniently place Token for armor for the specific classes of Death Knight, Mage, Druid and Rogue.

So seriously can someone give me some kind of explanation?!

(This is not a really serious thread, just some fun "speculation" if you even want to call it that for where bosses get the Valor Points/Justice Points, Weapon, Armor, etc they wear. Have fun.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I've always been curious about them holding "lore" weapons. Like Prince Malcahzaar (sp, last boss in Karazhan) having Gorehowl. How in the hell would he have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    I've always been curious about them holding "lore" weapons. Like Prince Malcahzaar (sp, last boss in Karazhan) having Gorehowl. How in the hell would he have it?
    That's another thing!

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a Dark Legacy Comics quite awhile back that answers this question - it's pretty hilarious, I'll see if I can find it.

Maybe after we kill the boss, we grab loot from their mouths? Maybe for the bigger bosses we grab items of fallen heroes who have tried to kill the boss but failed so the boss ate them?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Well, they hide them... you know... just like drug mules.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Maybe after we kill the boss, we grab loot from their mouths? Maybe for the bigger bosses we grab items of fallen heroes who have tried to kill the boss but failed so the boss ate them?
    Feng ate a Fan..?

This is one reason I liked the whole "Cache of the Aspects" thing. At least they made a point that "we're rewarding you with magical items that we've stashed away."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha that made me lol. Picture him just wandering around in circles on the roof of Kara pretending to be Katniss...

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Feng ate a Fan..?
    Maybe he's keeping it in his mouth just for when he gets to fire phase?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    This is one reason I liked the whole "Cache of the Aspects" thing. At least they made a point that "we're rewarding you with magical items that we've stashed away."
    That are also fashioned after Deathwing for some odd reason.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Maybe he's keeping it in his mouth just for when he gets to fire phase?
    LOL'D. Best response I've seen today.

Answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Malchezaar
    All realities, all dimensions are open to me!

He just plucked it out of whoever wielded it some time in...well...time, or killed them.

Its just 1's and 0's in a database. Get over it!

Just like the text I wrote here!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Its just 1's and 0's in a database. Get over it!

Just like the text I wrote here!
    My Edge of Agony is my precious.. @_@.

Along with my Legendary Gem which is gathering dust the longer I don't have a weapon to put it into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'd be like: GG Aspects. Where the fuck were these items 5 minutes ago when I could have used them? Stopping the end of the world is kind of a big deal and you were holding out on me? Fuck DW, I'm using this shit to skin your ass.

You'd think some boss somewhere would figure out that if they left the people-sized loot at the entrance to their lair that adventurers would leave them alone. Really, one should get valor points (fame as a hero) from raids, and then the rewards would come from the faction armories. Quests and other repeatable adventures would provide random rewards.
    Last edited by GhostSkull; 2013-01-04 at 12:56 AM.

I find it funny that shit that noname mobs in pandaria carry is better than what the lich king and his cohorts carry around

Now obviously like with everything in wow you just need to suspend your disbelief and take everything with a huge pinch of salt

Didn't you know? The bosses always JUST finished shopping at the vendors before you arrived and you missed them
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I find it funny that shit that noname mobs in pandaria carry is better than what the lich king and his cohorts carry around

Now obviously like with everything in wow you just need to suspend your disbelief and take everything with a huge pinch of salt
    It's nothing, explain to me why does an ordinary shore crab in Krasarang has more survivability and damage than bigass fuckin' Burning Legion doomlord.

tokens are something that prove you killed that particular boss like his helm, eyeball, lips etc
    the deathwing weapons are literally pieces of deathwing you are using as a weapon
    when you loot a boss you are also looting the entire room technically like when you kill illidan the bulwark of azzinoth (which used to be a doom guard's shoulderpiece) may have been hanging on the wall
    us adventurers will take anything that isn't cross-dimensionally welded to the floor
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.