Thread: Just git 90

Just git 90

Hi All,
    Just hit 90 on my first toon, and I haven't played since Cata. Could you guys point me in the right direction as to what to do next?
    I have a warlock level 90 and want it built around PVE. I have already run a few heroics, what can I read and what should I learn about how to play in MOP besides my class guide? Where do I read about all the nessicary factions I have to be exalted with, best dalies, basically all stuff to do when you hit 90?
    Thanks in advance =D

The warlock thread would help you out. Also keep doing heroics and scenarios till your ilvl is high enough for lfr. Get a few epics and try to pug some msv and go from there, or join a guild that wants a warlock. Raids love warlocks.

Edit: you can do dailies for rep as well. Klaxxi,and gl give free epics. I wouldnt recommend worrying about vp gear with the next patch so near in the future.
    do what you feel.

Don't forget to do Sha of Madness every week, free boots from a quest drop the first time and a chance at tier and pvp gear. Beyond that your class forum should tell you most everything you need to know about your class and Wowhead is a good source for most everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    All factions but tillers,clould serpent and anglers have valor gear at revered and some at honoured. You don't have to worry about getting to exalted unless you want mounts and other fun stuff. Just try to do every faction every day and get them over and done with. You can only get 1k valor a week so you don't have to rush them if you don't want to but. JP gear is crap so don't worry about that. Best thing to do is spam heroics until you got the item level to looking for raid then do that.

Forgot, you can't do shado-pan and August dailies right away since you need to be revered with golden lotus to unlock them. To unlock the golden lotus the quest starts at temple of the white tiger when you have to talk to the sunwalker or the prince depending on your faction.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warlock/affliction
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warlock/demonology
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warlock/destruction
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-01-04 at 03:58 AM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    start golden lotus first and try to do them everyday that u can. once revered i mean i believe then u can start shado-pan and august celestials. klaxxi and the 5.1 faction different for ally/ horde should also be started with golden lotus. or u can skip dailies grind allot of heroics and get best u can from dungeons buy some crafted gear upgrade some of your dungeon blues with jp then start doin lfr

corrected gl from honored to revered
    Last edited by jd812; 2013-01-04 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    once honored i believe then u can start shado-pan and august celestials.
    Revered
    /10char
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    noxxic.com
    ^Is what you should avoid.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zborderz9 View Post
    Hi All,
    Just hit 90 on my first toon, and I haven't played since Cata. Could you guys point me in the right direction as to what to do next?
    I have a warlock level 90 and want it built around PVE. I have already run a few heroics, what can I read and what should I learn about how to play in MOP besides my class guide? Where do I read about all the nessicary factions I have to be exalted with, best dalies, basically all stuff to do when you hit 90?
    Thanks in advance =D
    Class Guides: There's many resources to use and my advice would be to use them all. I wont send you in this direction or that direction. However, I'll start you off! Icyveins.com has detailed guides that are updated for the current patch.

Starting Off: Since you're late into the game, it's hard to say where you should start, with 5.2 around the corner. You'll have to make that choice yourself. Daily factions are not a requirement, like some were for head/shoulder enchants in the past. If you want a certain award or all of the awards from factions, then do the dailies (avoid burning out).

The newer rep faction that came with 5.1, might be something to do for loot, since it has a higher ilevel on vp awards compared to the others. Cloud Serps might be nice to do for Cloud Serp training at exalted and a free Cloud Serp! Tillers to unlock your farm and cooking stuff. (Read below for said factions.) This would also help you get a jump start on getting some Lesser Charms of Good Fortune stocked. Again, not required. It allows for 3 secondary loot rules for any boss! You can use them all on one boss in LFR, but you'll need to requeue to do so. Not sure about the new world bosses.

Since the progression ladder is back in-game, your main focus is to gear up for the raids, so you're caught up for the Thunder raid. Not knowing what will happen with 5.2 and getting people caught up, since LFR is a terrible way to gear, you'll have to watch out for that. Enjoy the expansion. There's no rush since it's your first 90. MoP really isn't alt friendly at the moment. Worry only about your main right now - level alts later if you want.

Overall, explore everything. Level professions, stockpile gold, explore the new world, finish questing through zones, pet battles, and whatever else not mentioned. This expansion has so much to offer, but avoid the whole burning out scenario. I think you guys have your own '''''''''''not really a scenario''''''''''' slash instance for greenish warlock spells? Happy warlocking.

VP Gear + Awards:
    Klaxxi
    Golden Lotus
    Shado-pan
    August Celestials
    O:Shieldwall (Alliance) or Dominance Offensive (Horde).

Awards:
    Cloud Serp.
    Tillers
    Anglers
    The Lorewalkers (I think you only get a free mount. Neat hover board.)

*** At the bottom of each shrine, there will be quest givers that will lead you in the area you need to go. A quest should automatically be given to those for O:S and DO in the shrine (I think). ***

*** As I said above, focus on whatever you want for factions. There will be new factions in 5.2 and dailies, so keep your eye on those awards as well. See what they do for the future, etc. ***
    Last edited by Ceece; 2013-01-04 at 07:23 AM.