Poll: Do you preffer your current raid size

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Looks like currently 25m being the desired raid size (From those that have voted at this time) though I think part of it is due to 25m being scarce on most servers.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been in both and people who complain about organizing a 25 man raid are perhaps in a guild thats just not cut out for it, hardest part running one of our 25 man groups is telling all the reserves to go ahead and run an alt 10 man b/c everybody showed up. 25 people in a decent sized competent guild is not an issue, i do also like 10 man's at times depending on how douchey RL is making some of the main raiders behave

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild originally had been 25-player, but when Cataclysm came along... yeah. Miss 25 raids (non-LFR), but I don't feel comfortable with the idea of leaving people I know. So 10-player it be.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I prefer 25m's due to the size factor. More people working together to down a boss with a larger health pool is just more fun imo. I do run 10m's tho because it simply is easier to organize 10 people over 25. I would support a 15m universal raid size.

Deleted
    Needs a "no preference" option to stop skewed results.

10+ Year Old Account
    no poll option for "I want 15 man raids" ...

I am currently in a 10m guild. I enjoy the smaller format because it allows for closer bonds formed between raiders and is easier to set up and maintain.

Whenever I think of why I would want to join a 25m group, the only reason is always the same:
    If I want a group where I can sit back, not talk, and do what I'm told to do, that is the draw of a 25m raid for me. It would be much lower stress and lower responsibility, and, honestly, something I would look for if my current 10m group ever fell apart. With college, I have less time to maintain and enjoy those close bonds, and have less time to dedicate to organizing the 10m group.

However, that said, I am very happy with the 10m format, and enjoy the closeness of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Looks like currently 25m being the desired raid size (From those that have voted at this time) though I think part of it is due to 25m being scarce on most servers.
    Actually the only 2 options that matter from this poll are the top 2.

Anyone in one format of guild who wants to be in the other easily can be. They're either just too lazy or too bad to find one that they can join.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

Anyone in one format of guild who wants to be in the other easily can be. They're either just too lazy or too bad to find one that they can join.
    You 'd wish...
    Because the last 2 indicate that 1/10 25 ppl raiders would prefer being in a 10 man, while 1/3 10 man raiders and more would prefer being in a 25.

Thats what we re talking about for years.
    The system is forcing people into raiding 10 man.

As for your "Argument" about the "lazy" people just drop it.
    Why not doing extra work for the same thing is called "lazy"?
    By what reasoning?
    Cause it suits you and other 10 man lovers?
    Soz i don't buy, try selling elsewhere.

Really, none of the options matter, as this isn't even close to a true random sample. It has a much higher percentage of top skilled players, as well as a much higher percentage of 25 man raiders than in game. This greatly skews the results, and makes them mostly worthless.

Deleted
    Thats what we re talking about for years.
    The system is forcing people into raiding 10 man.
    Oh change the fucking record. No-one's forcing you to do anything. If you are a regular raider, there is literally no difference between being in a 25man guild or a 10man guild. In the end you turn up, do your job then log off. The only people with extra stuff to do are your leaders. If you want to be in a 25man guild, GO AND JOIN ONE. Don't sit there and make up shit reasons you couldn't possibly apply to one that already exists.

Deleted
    Oh change the fucking record. No-one's forcing you to do anything. If you are a regular raider, there is literally no difference between being in a 25man guild or a 10man guild. In the end you turn up, do your job then log off. The only people with extra stuff to do are your leaders. If you want to be in a 25man guild, GO AND JOIN ONE. Don't sit there and make up shit reasons you couldn't possibly apply to one that already exists.
    Heh really?
    Somebody got pissed i see...

How is it the same excactly?
    1) Do you have to wait the same time for a group to be formed?
    2) Do you have to go through the same "explain tactic process" to the new guy in your tight knit 10 during PROGRESS???
    3) Do you have to wait as often from a random dc or "an emergency afk" in 10 as oposed to 25?

So how it is the same?
    Another sweet caramel 10 man lovers love to lick.
    Soz dearest, it is not the same even for the last raider.

But now lets go to examine your previous post's argument...assuming its the same to be raider in 10 or 25 which IT ISN'T the same, as i illustrated to you and other 10 man lovers here.
    Officers do extra work in a 25, and many were bented by this dreadfull system that makes them feel that their efford are just material for trashcans...

So many quited or downsized.
    So IT IS NOT EASY for the raider to actually find a 25 now is it?
    Especially if you compare it with 10 yah??

Go plz and try to sell elsewhere, as i said, i am not buying BS!
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2013-01-06 at 03:03 PM.

I would like to see one raid size honestly, like 15 man. I am in a 25 man but I like both raid sizes for different reasons. I can see where 25's tend to be an issue once you get out of the top 75-100 though.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2013-01-06 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangemoon View Post
    I've raided 40-man, 25-man and now 10-man. Absolutely love 10's and would never go back to 25's. Majority of people who prefer 25's probably have never had to organize or lead a 25 man guild.
    Have always raided 25 (Not counting 3 40man runs when majority of today's community was still wearing diapers), been an officer in 25, and have been running / leading a 25man for 1 year now.
    The basic reason why I prefer 25, is precisely the organising that needs to happen, both outside, and definitely also inside raiding.

Not to step on anyone's toes with this, but due to the lack of room scaling, there's no coordination or awareness required to do 10man, just like there's no need for either of them in 5man.., the rooms are so big in either of those sizes, that it really does not matter what another players does, as there's always enough space for everyone else to do exactly as they see fit.

I get the argument that people use about preferring 10man, that they get to know others better etc.., and until I had my own 25man guild I would have agreed 100%, because the most common issue with 25man, is that every single 25 I've joined (same I hear from my raiders, and others I know who throttled down to 10), is that they all have these little "guilds" within the guild, as in officers + gm doing their little thing, some raiders doing their little thing, and the rest more or less just being there.
    It's "easy" to combat this though, just do interviews to ensure the personality behind the character fits with whatever goal you have for your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I am currently in a 10m guild. I enjoy the smaller format because it allows for closer bonds formed between raiders and is easier to set up and maintain.

Whenever I think of why I would want to join a 25m group, the only reason is always the same:
    If I want a group where I can sit back, not talk, and do what I'm told to do, that is the draw of a 25m raid for me. It would be much lower stress and lower responsibility, and, honestly, something I would look for if my current 10m group ever fell apart. With college, I have less time to maintain and enjoy those close bonds, and have less time to dedicate to organizing the 10m group.

However, that said, I am very happy with the 10m format, and enjoy the closeness of it.
    I'm not sure what your going at there, to me it sounds like the issue with 25 in your case.., is you

Coordination is greater in 25, simply because it is required due to lack of room scaling (No sitting back more then it is in 10)
    The responsibility argument.., well, this is why 25s have a stigma of always appearing to have at least a few warm bodies, no one can fight this mentality other then the players in question, perhaps you mean in regards to organisation?- it's the same in both aspects from a "common" raiders perspective, provided your RL / Officers are worthy of the task, and not just carrying the rank due to friendships.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-01-06 at 04:05 PM.

I will never raid in a 10man guild. I've gotten a couple kills in 10man this tier due to very low attendance for our 25 man raids and they just feel so -meh-.
    Hi Sephurik

25 by a long shot. The more the merrier, really. I really can't explain what I feel...it's just different raiding as 10 than 25.

Hmph.

Cant be in another format if the other format simply doesnt exist.

Overall, if you look at the numbers, there's equal desire for both raiding sizes, BUT most of the players that want to be doing 25man, are forced into 10mans while hardly anyone is in a 25man guild that doesnt want to be.

Interesting poll with interesting results.

Wish someone had thought of this at the end of wrath to compare results.

Deleted
    Actually that questtion ist not so easy to answer for me.
    I am in a 10m raid and I liked the days when we were a 25m raid, because it felt more like "raiding" the lair of something evil

That said, I am also raidleading and was guildleader, and from that perspective I like 10m more because it is just so much more easy to organize (And I liked organizing our Guild with our Officer-Corps, I really did ... and I kind of miss it nowadays ).

But being on a server and faction that is constantly dwindling and looses players and whole guilds on a daily basis there is not the question of "do i want 25 or 10" It is rather "hey maybe we will have 10 people showing up today, so we can raid at all"
    Last edited by mmocb90eff5f3f; 2013-01-07 at 04:13 AM.

I do miss having a 25 man guild. The focus of 10 mans has really killed most of the larger raid guilds. Groups broke off from a guild to start their own guild with their own rules and what not. Hell, my current raid group is comprised of people from 4 different guilds because the guild that it started in couldn't fill it fully and recruitment is impossible. I LOVED 25 mans back in wrath, I LOVED being able to do a 10 man on off nights if I wanted to.

If there was a 25 man scene on my server, I'd be in it, however it doesn't even exist and transfering is not an option as I can not afford to transfer and am unwilling to level up new characters for a third time. So I just stick with 10s until something is done to encourage guilds to get larger for 25 mans.

I used to raid 25 man in tbc and wotlk, but mid-way through Cataclysm my guild kind of had a crisis and lot's of members began to leave. Because of this, we went 10 man and have been rebuilding ever since.

Personally, I don't think either difficulty is harder than another (Generally, there are fights where 10 or 25 is more difficult, but it balances out roughly) - But I do feel like 25 man raiding is the 'real' raiding experience, it's just more epic and there's so much more going on.