Poll: Do you preffer your current raid size

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    300 voters so far, need around 200 more before I can say it's a decent sample.
    As for preferable size...people should do what they feel like, if they can. It's a bit sad to see that around 1/3 of 10 man raiders would like to be in 25 man guild but they simply can't atm since current system is drowning 25 man scene slowly but surely.

There's one more thing that people often miss...every time 25 man guild dies a community that said 25 man guild was dies as well. Large, breathing, live community dies. It's hurting the game so much. And with all due respect 10 man guilds are rarely community on its own. 25 man guilds are always one. And having big guilds dying is destroying one of the pillars that made this game great.

I feel 25m is more epic. 10m feels like over-glorified dungeons.

Funny how equal it pretty much is.

If the raiders from 10mans were in 25, and the 25 raiders that want to be in 10 man it would be.

161 (25)/160 (10)

Personally I like 10 man because things are less chaotic. I can pretty much keep track of what everyone's doing. The only problem is the loot. Our guild's luck at loot always seems bad but it's probably across the board. We have never seen a melee dps dagger or any sensible DK tanking weapon (including the polearm off spirit kings) unless you count starshatter. In the past two weeks, we saw the tanking shield, 2x spirits from tsulong and qin-xi from emperors drop for the first time. All of this since the beginning of MoP. Also every boss drops 1/2 cloth at least 50% of the time.

I have been in a 25 man now since Firelands, and will NEVER go back to 10. 25 Just feels right, to me ofc. That feeling of killing a boss for the first time is really amplified when shared with 24 others as opposed to 9.

Im in a 10 man guild...unfortunately due to christmas our raiding has slowed considerably, meaning ive missed out on alot of it myself due to work, however, when we've got everyone available, then we have too many to accomodate. If Blizzard could make a raid around 12-15 man, it would be perfect for our group meaning we wouldnt always have people sitting out.

But since this isn't about that, id prefer to stay in a 10 man guild myself, as i get on well with the people in the guild for the most part, and we all quite literally have a laugh with eachother.. thats what i prefer, the community, we get on when we are trying to progress, but if we're not raiding we will have a fair bit of banter here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    300 voters so far, need around 200 more before I can say it's a decent sample.
    No, no matter how many voters you get, it will not be a decent sample. Why? Because this community is not in line with the rest of the WoW population.

As I've shown multiple times over this thread, forums attract 1) more high end players and 2) more 25 man raiders. It really skews the results.

There is no option for my situation -- guild that is officially of 25-player orientation, but due to dwindling realm size/activity and interest in 25s, we've been running (two) 10s while we try our damndest to recruit back to being able to run 25s.

Personally, I enjoy that we have more success in 10s (due to our roster size, while diminished, affording us the ability to provide all the buffs we need for both the 10s teams we run -- as well as being able to rotate people in/out based on group comp needs on a per-encounter basis), but there are certainly more than 10 people in my guild I like to raid with.

That being said, I do enjoy that 25s, for whatever reason, just feel more "epic". More things going on, having to set up more-detailed strats (longer list of cooldowns to rotate through, more people assigned to given tasks, etc).

I like aspects of both but as an officer in my guild I feel very disappointed that my team and I are not able to provide our players with the experience they want. Very frustrating, because I know we're trying, yet are unable to succeed in our efforts. At least we're still running something.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    No, no matter how many voters you get, it will not be a decent sample. Why? Because this community is not in line with the rest of the WoW population.

As I've shown multiple times over this thread, forums attract 1) more high end players and 2) more 25 man raiders. It really skews the results.
    Ofc it won't be completely accurate but that's why bigger sample is needed. In the end I can always add bigger % margin for error which is usually around 5% but I can make it bigger, double it even. Final overall picture won't change.

15 man is the best size for raid. Has so many options possible.

Deleted
    I raid 10mans, but it feels too small.. On the other hand 25man feels like a huge mess off spell effects and shit, and 25man healing is alot less fun than 10man.
    A single, 15man raidsize would be best. In wotlk i raided 10man only just because computer couldnt handle 25s. Even nowadays some ppl raid 10s because of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    dang, i was hoping for a 15 man answer. i raid 10. but i would love it more if it was 15. 25 is too big. its obnoxious. 10 is too small, and much more unforgiving. plus only 1 brez. if all 10 of us are not absolutely perfect at all times, its a wipe. same is not true for 25. but, whatever.. i am more happy in my 10 then i have ever been in a 25. but a 15 would feel perfect.
    Never read so much shit in my life, why do think you can still defeat a top end 25-man Heroic boss with people dead? I don't get it.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    personally i would prefer 20 man raids ! currently raid 10 man but really miss 25 mans. I was a raid leader for 40 mans in vanilla and 25 mans from BC through to Cata, really enjoyed it. Guild I am currently in has multiple 10 man groups so the social aspect of the game is still there but not quite as strong as in 25 mans.

Ofc it won't be completely accurate but that's why bigger sample is needed. In the end I can always add bigger % margin for error which is usually around 5% but I can make it bigger, double it even. Final overall picture won't change.
    You don't understand. More numbers will not help, as this is a select community, with views very different than the general WoW populace. As long as you are polling on these forums, the data will be inaccurate.

You don't understand. More numbers will not help, as this is a select community, with views very different than the general WoW populace. As long as you are polling on these forums, the data will be inaccurate.
    Depends on what the purpose is ... the data won't be generalizable to the WoW population at large, you're correct, but it could serve as a portrait of what the more-involved are about
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Thus the margin that can go up to 10% and that's huge, huge margin. Overall picture will be the same since general wow population is not raiding at all. Raiding community is minority by it self already.

Deleted
    /thread

Thus the margin that can go up to 10% and that's huge, huge margin. Overall picture will be the same since general wow population is not raiding at all. Raiding community is minority by it self already.
    I'm really not seeing where you pulled the 10% from. I'm highly doubting you're a statistician as you claim. Polling MMO-C is like polling the democratic party on who should be elected, and then applying that to the entire population.

Deleted
    Btw i tend to agree, about the abandonation of the dual size aproach.

I dont see multiple size dungeons, why the raid should be stretched or bended to squeeze just a few or every body in?

There is a another poll about preffered size in the first page of raids and dungeons subforum with options scaling from 10 to 40.

I dont discredit this one, but i believe that the hole "leave things as they are" from the 10 man lovers side vs "25 are dying we need to incendivise them" from 25 man lovers is leading nowhere.

If you missed to see it, raiding has shrunk as an hole. And with it the game.
    My two cents anyway. The benefit you get from keeping those 2 sizes in the game is vastly insignificant combared to the damage they re causing to it.