Poll: Do you preffer your current raid size

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I play 10s. I prefer 10s too, this way I know exactly what to expect from everyone, responsibilities are more clear, communication is easier and people have to think on their feet and do many things at the same time rather than rely on someone else. Also, logistics.

I don't know from where are people getting MMO-C is more visited by 25man raiders thus making the polling unreliable. Frankly, there are a lot more 10man guilds out there, as someone said, it likely a 80/20 ratio, so isn't it expected that 10man HC raiders will use this site more than the very small minority of 25man raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    I don't know from where are people getting MMO-C is more visited by 25man raiders thus making the polling unreliable. Frankly, there are a lot more 10man guilds out there, as someone said, it likely a 80/20 ratio, so isn't it expected that 10man HC raiders will use this site more than the very small minority of 25man raiders?
    Well, just from the poll it is easy to see. The poll doesn't reflect the other statistics we have for raiding sizes. Also remember that the ratio for HC raiders is nowhere near the same as the general ratio it is actually much closer to 50/50. (Some statistics were show on MMO champ for Morchok HC when DS were out).

To Radalek. You can't correct a biased sample with larger error margins (at least not 10%). A biased sample contains very little information about the genreal picture. At best you can say something with errors if you have some extensive statistics about the populations that visists MMO champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruzan View Post
    Well, just from the poll it is easy to see. The poll doesn't reflect the other statistics we have for raiding sizes. Also remember that the ratio for HC raiders is nowhere near the same as the general ratio it is actually much closer to 50/50. (Some statistics were show on MMO champ for Morchok HC when DS were out).

To Radalek. You can't correct a biased sample with larger error margins (at least not 10%). A biased sample contains very little information about the genreal picture. At best you can say something with errors if you have some extensive statistics about the populations that visists MMO champ.
    What do you mean HC ratio doesn't reflect general ratio? From what I'm seeing approximately 10% of all guilds are 25man, and nearly 12,5% of all kills are on 25man. which reflects normal kills also. While you *could* ignore first two options, there really isn't a reason to ignore 3rd or 4th one.

Seems to me like there are plenty of people who want to raid 25s, but can't because they're dying out for various reasons. (mainly being the ease of 10s) This is obviously something I've said in the past, and the argument is "Nono, if people WANTED to they would" when that clearly isn't the case.

Thankfully it looks like Blizzard is going to do something to fix 25s, and it's probably going to be something that those hardcore 10ers hate. (which means it might actually be something that works)
    Last edited by Daerio; 2013-01-14 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    10 best size by far and everyone knows and remember Karazhan as one of the greatest raids ever created.[COLOR="red"]
    Kara is a great raid despite being 10man. Really that was a big issue since the next raids were 25man and its hard to maintain and gear a 25man raid group in 3 separate 10mans. What made Kara great was the design of the instance(architecture), encounters(could easily be 25man), and Medivh centric lore(one of the best Warcraft characters).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruzan View Post

It's biased sample towards MMO community maybe but if you look at total numbers it does reflect current ratio between people that raid 10 and 25 man.
    If you look at MoP numbers you can see that current guild ratio is close to 10:90. But since 25 man guilds (obviously) contain more people raider ratio is close to 30:70. And numbers from the poll are not far from that.
    Like poster above suggested, you can maybe ignore first two options but you can't really ignore 3rd and 4th. And by these results 1/3 of the current 10 man raiders that voted here would rather raid 25. That's a huge number.
    You can argue that even under current system that is drowning 25 man scene 50% of the raiders would still raid 25 man if they could.
    Last edited by Radalek; 2013-01-15 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    In a 25 man and love to stay that way eventhough its hard these days to maintain a 25man guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a 10 man just because i feel like it's a lot easier. I'd prefer a 25 man guild but i always take the path of least resistance.

Our 10m is struggling, constantly with no shows but I'd love to be in 25, just love the feel of a larger raid.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    I'm in a 10 man just because i feel like it's a lot easier. I'd prefer a 25 man guild but i always take the path of least resistance.

Well, then you need to go back to 25 if you are looking for ease of play.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I like 10 man raid groups better. It´s free of lag, it´s more personal and it´s possible to discuss stuff.