Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I gotta say, I got this achievement about 30 minutes ago. Wasn't paying attention... half afk healing while watching tv. Maybe the trick is to not pay too much attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad to find out about this achievement, and realize that I still don't have it. I like to stand in the bad.

as an ele shaman..dpsing and movement isnt ideal at all..and i find my self constantly doing 30 to even sometimes 60% of the groups dps..i just wanted the achievment otherwise i just sit in the back and nuke him and eat his little water wave that he does in a 360 movement..it only hits for 80k and with my CDs ill survive atleast 10 hits from it even if the healer decides not to heal me. so in that time from what ive learned in the brawlers guild....pop a bunch of CDs and go to war.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    I did it that way too... on purpose... am I a bad person?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    It's a super hard achievement to get, I understand why you had to find alternative means to get it.
    O_O super hard?

Its faceroll.

Sorry but its properly one of the easiest to get.

The other one where you can have 5min from killing second boss to get the sha down is alot harder
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Its super buggy to get, after doing it several times correctly yet still failing I gave up and cheesed it, with guild help. The older I get the less tolerant I am of bugged crap.

Deleted
    Hey blizzard doesn't go all out to make achievements bug free, so why should we go all out to get achievements the 'fair' way. If I can cross an achievement of the list fast, I'll do so and move on to the 100s of achievements I still need.

I really doubt the achievement is bugged. I have gotten it 3 times without issues and my heroic spam group all got it just fine the 2nd/3rd day of the xpac. People who thought they got it were always hit at least once without realizing it. You can check damage taken in Skada or Recount to confirm.

Note that the fight does not end when the boss loses all its health. He spins around for another little bit and stepping in water during this time will lose the achievement.

If you're really finding it that difficult, sure you can cheese it. Blaming it on bugs is a little dishonest though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hydrophobia=Fear of water?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I really doubt the achievement is bugged. I have gotten it 3 times without issues and my heroic spam group all got it just fine the 2nd/3rd day of the xpac. People who thought they got it were always hit at least once without realizing it. You can check damage taken in Skada or Recount to confirm.

Note that the fight does not end when the boss loses all its health. He spins around for another little bit and stepping in water during this time will lose the achievement.

If you're really finding it that difficult, sure you can cheese it. Blaming it on bugs is a little dishonest though.
    I personally didn't mean this achievement, just achievements in general. Before 5.1 there were a lot of MoP achievements that were bugged on beta and went on live in that state. Blizzard takes the piss with their 'feedback' and bugs.

Deleted
    i tried this achievement a few days in a row, but i always ended up with 1 slip were i jumped too early or too late or miss aimed and failed the achievement.

so in the end i just stood outside had the other 4 ppl kill it and get the achievement. was 1 of 2 i was still missing and i wanted it finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i saw the title and i was wondering if you pushed a hydrophobic in to a pool or something =P
    I think you miss the meaning of hydrophobia xD its a pretty common mistake.

The word that represents fear of water is Aquaphobia, hydrophobia is a word for rabies and some symptoms it brings.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also just strafe while occasionally jumping... not really rocket science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartide_ysera View Post
    I think you miss the meaning of hydrophobia xD its a pretty common mistake.

The word that represents fear of water is Aquaphobia, hydrophobia is a word for rabies and some symptoms it brings.
    Could also mean "a term used in chemistry to describe chemical "aversions" of a molecule, or part of a molecule, to water." Wich makes much more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    not standing in the bad = doing work?
    It is when you're controlling something in third-person on thin, circular walkways surrounded by said "bad" and the fight requires running in circles around that ring which also happens to have missing sections in it.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-01-06 at 04:51 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I always manage to fuck up jumping over the very first pool to walk up to the boss and nothing else. Not sure how it works but I don't even hit it and I always manage to take damage from it. Oh well.

Deleted
    fwiw levitate allows you to just run over water

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Hydrophobia=Fear of water?
    Hydrophobic material also cant get wet. Since he is bombarding you with water attacks if you don't get wet then I guess that is the pun of the achievement.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

hop hop hop lol hop hop .. acievment .. weee did it with my shaman in ghost wolf form since i just had to heal aka "do nothing" ^^
    don't realy see the hard part in it, hardest acievment in the first 2 weeks was beat the endboss with the debuff (same instance) since it was realy a wtf dps lol fight :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got it legit... but a guild mate kept having issues, so we took three of us (a tank, my 'lock, and the person in question) into a LFG. They sat outside while the rest of us downed the boss.

Sort of the same as the OP... but at least two others of us (including the tank) knew it was going to happen. (Furthermore, we knew we weren't going to run into low DPS issues.)