Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Idea for LFR loot

Currently my biggest gripes with the LFR loot system are:
    1: Too much RNG in getting a piece. Sure, some people get pretty lucky in LFR, but others go weeks and weeks without getting a single upgrade.
    2: You can be AFK the whole time and still have just as much of a chance to get loot as someone who was actively playing at their best.
    3: Getting duplicate items. Personally, I've only gotten a couple pieces from LFR, and I've been doing all five for the past five weeks or so. This week the only piece I got were bracers I got the first week.

I know that a lot of other people aren't fans of the new LFR loot system, and just yesterday GC tweeted that they'd like to add a way for you to choose what spec you wanted to get loot for.

My suggestion is this:
    1 - Boss dies.
    2 - Each person has a chance to be selected for loot. (possibly the same chance it is now, maybe more)
    3 - If randomly selected, a message pops up that says something like: "You have been chosen to have your pick from the spoils of the vanquished foe! You may choose one of the items below, or decline the loot instead for a sack of the foe's gold coins."
    4 - A window with class-appropriate loot from the boss's loot table pops up. You have about a minute or a minute and a half to pick which piece you want (timer indicated on window). If you don't choose a piece, you don't get loot.

This way it takes away some of the RNG by letting you pick what piece you want if system chooses you, and if it's class-specific loot instead of spec-specific loot, that also takes care of the issue of getting loot for the role you want.
    Also - if it is done this way, it will feel more like an actual 'kill and share loot' process, and you won't be able to just be completely afk and get loot.
    Last edited by FuriousLupus; 2013-01-04 at 11:29 AM.

Hey why don't we make i even easier to get free loot! Why should you be able to pick the loot you want in LFR? You sure as hell can't do it in the other forms of raiding, if you could we would all be in our bis gear now and wondering why there wasn't more to do.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Hey why don't we make i even easier to get free loot! Why should you be able to pick the loot you want in LFR? You sure as hell can't do it in the other forms of raiding, if you could we would all be in our bis gear now and wondering why there wasn't more to do.
    LFR gear isn't even close to being BiS gear, just as doing LFR isn't anything like actually doing heroic raids. For many people LFR is their only shot at picking up gear that's worth anything, and the way the system is now is way too impersonal and RNG based.

Sick of people telling us it's free loot. It's a half hour queue and probably closer to an hour of actually killing bosses. For someone as lazy as me, it takes an awful lot of effort to be bothered to do it, so I don't consider it free at all.

LFR should not have loot in the first place.

Its there for you to see content.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousLupus View Post
    LFR gear isn't even close to being BiS gear, just as doing LFR isn't anything like actually doing heroic raids. For many people LFR is their only shot at picking up gear that's worth anything, and the way the system is now is way too impersonal and RNG based.
    I didn't say LFR loot was bis, you might want to read that again. The current loot system for other raid levels is also rng based so why should the easiest version of it be able to side step rng?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post

Oh, please. Get off your high horse, or ride your high horse out of this thread.

Since LFR is a way to see the end-game content I don't see why this would be necessairy. Rng will be rng and thats the way it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Sick of people telling us it's free loot. It's a half hour queue and probably closer to an hour of actually killing bosses. For someone as lazy as me, it takes an awful lot of effort to be bothered to do it, so I don't consider it free at all.

Yeah it sure is hard clicking 2 buttons and waiting for a bit then letting 24 other ppl drag you around and let you get loot. Even if you queue up at 4 am on a weekday the queue time is never 30 minutes or are you also so lazy you don't know how to tell time? Seriously if LFR is too taxing for you then you are in luck you don't need loot to do anything since LFR is as easy as the game gets.

It's definitly not harder than questing... So yea, I consider it pretty much free loot. Time investment is minimal and skill requirement none-existent!

Go try Heroics... Or even Normal (for you). Its free Loot... and ppl are still crying about RNG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I didn't say LFR loot was bis, you might want to read that again. The current loot system for other raid levels is also rng based so why should the easiest version of it be able to side step rng?
    I did read it. I said nothing about picking loot in BiS raids, you did. We're not talking about a loot system for heroic raids here, so you compared LFR loot to BiS gear in talking about it.
    Even with a system like the one i stated in place, there would still be a level of rng as to whether or not you were selected in the first place.

Deleted
    yeah right take the RNG out of a game where its all about RNG...sounds LOGIC...NOT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it takes some time but definitely not much effort.

Talking about sick and tired... I'm sick and tired of people who are trying to squeeze out even more welfare from the welfare system. Shut up and be happy with what you already have. This is coming from someone who doesn't have time to raid. Not even LFR in all resets.

That you think it's hard work to wait in queue, getting into a lfr, with around 60% of mmos players AFKing, and still down everything in firs try, doesn't really make it hard :P
    RNG has always been there, and probably always will.

The suggestion is yet another way to make it easier to get loot, because you want it to be easy. Go into real raid, that has the bosses on farm, if you want a better chance of getting loot, fast, and please stop nerfing things more into oblivion.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    LFR should not have loot in the first place. Its there for you to see content.
    If your so a special snowflake that never goes into LFR why do you even complain?
    thats like complaining about other people having a car while you drive your Ferari...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    If your so a special snowflake that never goes into LFR why do you even complain?
    thats like complaining about other people having a car while you drive your Ferari...
    Its Ferrari and other cars are in the god damn way.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousLupus View Post
    I did read it. I said nothing about picking loot in BiS raids, you did. We're not talking about a loot system for heroic raids here, so you compared LFR loot to BiS gear in talking about it.
    Even with a system like the one i stated in place, there would still be a level of rng as to whether or not you were selected in the first place.
    You want to elminate RNG from one form of raids and not the others. All raids get items they don't need or that are duplicates now, the only way LFR is different is the players see what they got and may not need first hand. If this is too confusing on why it is a bad idea I will see if I can get some puppets together and act it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine as it is.
    I usually play my best when I do LFR. If I slack, it tends to be on trash (quickly grabbing a new drink or whatever).

As long as the boss dies, I'm fine. I don't care if I'm top DPS by far or in the middle of the pack.

Picking loot is stupid. I would however prefer a change to decide if you get MS or OS gear. I'm trying to gear OS now but means I either have to resign for some bosses or do subpar DPS because of spec change.

The gear that the bosses drop is part of the game's content.