Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well.

Not really one too complain but first they nerf D Stance now it doesn't even heal while stunned?

Not sure why after 8 years I still try and play this class... nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Deleted
    With those changes, Im not even bothering to play my warrior in pvp anymore. Dmg of warriors outside of all cds stacked is absolutely ridicolous, while DKs pump out 80-100k obliterate crits easily with Pillar of frost (which is 1 Minute CD) on a regular basis and have even almost more mobility now if you count the higher run speed + double grip + root/kick immunity with AMS / pillar (not including 1 min ranged blank silence, hi pre nerf heroic throw).

Hi fury pve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior QQ is priceless. Warriors will still be very much viable in 3s, its just that, we wont have 30 warrior teams in the top 50 anymore. Booohooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    Warrior QQ is priceless. Warriors will still be very much viable in 3s, its just that, we wont have 30 warrior teams in the top 50 anymore. Booohooo.
    speculation

survival cds, ..., PLATE
    Yo dat plate is seriously imba in pvp. Better fix that. I can't believe that people even mention armor.

It seems like the majority of your posts are made up of insults and groaning about other classes.

In fact, I don't see a single substantial comment among them that actually contributes positively to the topic(s) at hand.

Troll harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit plate should reduce spell damage then. At least ppl would have something to QQ about And You got plate argument would be valid.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Yeah why not, in Diablo 3 armor reduces all damage taken...

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I got a very very simple solution that won't cause any balance issues or QQ's... here it goes:
    ------------------------------------
    Second wind

When your stunned or immobilized, you generate 5% of your total health over 10 seconds,
    and $ amount of rage in addition over 10 seconds.
    ------------------------------------

Simple and sweet to the point, just make it baseline for arms/fury and just add in a decent talent, or keep it as a talent... kinda dumb to make it proc at a low hp %.
    so 0.5 % hp per sec in a stun will help how exactly? :P

Time to bring WotLK Blood Craze back ! (with number tweaks?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Lol, you're not SUPPOSED to "sit" in defensive stance, of course it needs a change of many non-prot warrs do it. I think it's funny watching people stream when they pvp with warr and sit in defensive stance while trying to kill people when they're not being attacked at all, DERP!

I'm also still waiting for Blizzard to make Slam/Storm bolt have more interesting mechanics. Off the GCD, lower rage cost for Slam etc. Also I think Shockwave should have it's cooldown reduced by 10 seconds for every target it hits, stacking up to 2 times. So it's not worthless in 2v2 scenarios or vs hunters.
    man if Reckful stays in defensive stance 100% and still manages to be top in pvp then I think I'mma trust him ... so for that aspect yeah they need the nerf to defensive stance... and this way prot won't lose the 10% since they add it to Unavering Sentinel...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Just going to chime in and say that Warriors are probably going to be bottom tier melee next patch. 15% damage reduction from defensive stance is a bigger nerf than people realize not to mention battle fatigue still affecting Second Wind. The Shockwave nerf was needed but Blizzard went way too far by knocking down Warrior survivability.

I'm not even sure if Defensive Stance will be worth sitting into the entire time next patch. They buffed slam and the only real way to use slam is to sit in Battle Stance. The real problem with Arms is that it has way too many globals to fill and Slam is always left out in pvp because of defensive stance and Heroic Strike just "feels" better since its off the gcd. They should literally just remove Slam from the game and just make Heroic Strike hit as hard as Slam.
    Somebody gets it! A non-warrior even? I love it.

The problem with the stances is that they arent different enough. Heres what you do, buff HS to hit like slam as you have suggested, make slam cost less rage or something for the pve'ers I dunno. Anyway you make D-stance 15% and increase healing recieved by 20% but make HS only usable in battle stance. Therefore theres actual reason to be in battle, it will significantly affect our damage. BUT defensive stance is a great defensive tool thats not 25% OP. Make stances have a point?!? What is this non-sense??

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    so 0.5 % hp per sec in a stun will help how exactly? :P
    The fact your stunned and immobilized 24/7 and that there is no cost to activating 2nd wind.... im sure its better then getting heals at about an execution range.

But 3 times as good outside of stuns. It's still really good, but you now have to consider the other talents.
    The other two talents make current recuperate look exceptionally powerful.

Second wind being brought down to their level instead of the others being brought up to the level second wind was at (which was fine from the beginning) is gutting warriors HARD.

We are once again seeing the clunkiness of warrior damage being spread over so many different abilities. Either heroic strike or slam need to be completely removed OR the warrior gcd should be reduced to 1 second. Warriors have to use 4 different abilities on a 1.5 second gcd to get the same damage output as other classes do with 2-3 abilities and/or with a 1 second gcd.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:25 AM ----------

It's pretty damn well established that if people didn't or weren't able to sit on ratings we would see a sharp decline in the amount of warriors at top end pvp most likely to make them represented equally to rets and dks. 5.2 will confirm this.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-18 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

You must not realize how hard it is to kill a warrior with >30% health with shield wall up nowadays. Warriors have sooooo many defensive CD's as a DPS its almost not fair. Warriors have too much utility imho. You can fear, disarm, stun on a 20sec CD, warbringer stun...i mean the list goes on. Im a Ret Pally and Im telling you now Pallies are tunneled way more than arms/fury warrior in arena. Once we pop our dispellable bubble we're done for. As a gimmick "off-healer" spec, with the nerf to pvp power healing for hybrid classes we cant even do our "niche" well.

You gotta stop and smell the roses and realize you have it alot better than all the other melee classes

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Of course you are right. Only rogues, mages, paladins, dks, monks, hunters, warlocks and druids have access to stuns. Even shamans have one but I am fair enough and say that one is rather tricky to get off.
    You, as a warrior, can also fear and disarm

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:09 AM ----------

What exactly makes the one offensive and the other defensive ? I don't really see warriors have way better defensive mechanisms once you take def stance out of the picture ? Not that being defensive is a particular strength of dks of course .
    Warriors have a huge defensive arsenal...
    1. Defensive stance (only Warriors/Dks have a perma Dmg reduction stance)
    2. Fear
    3. Disarm
    4. Shield wall (best melee class defensive Cd)
    5. Spell Reflect

Stop and realize that Warriors are better off than all other melee classes and be happy you aren't a Ret Pally right now.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    and thats where you are wrong-get it threw your head.warriors do not need to stance dance,its out dated and clunky and has been takening out of the game,for the most part.d-stance reduces damage taken at the cost of less rage.want more rage go b-stance.there should be no draw backs on stances,glad to see that gone.d-stance does what it supposed to do,REDUCE damage taken,so whats the problem with it? or are you just pissed you cant global warrios anymore like you could in cata?
    No DPS class should have a perma dmg reduction stance.
    1. Arms/Fury warriors should not be able to tank damage by switching to D-Stance
    2. Frost/Unholy Dks should not be able to Tank Damage by switching to Blood Presence
    3. Feral druids should not be able to switch to bear form to tank damage

Im a Ret Pally and we lost our tanking Aura and we're focused almost instantly esp. after we've popped our dispellable bubble...unless they bring that back they should take away everyone else....that's called BALANCE

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ariavo View Post
    Indeed, I agree. That seems more logical to me. Either do that or increase its cooldown with 10 seconds instead of 20. I prefer your nerf though, that would actually be a fun mechanic.
    The thing is that Shockwave was first introduced into the game to be an AoE stun for control...not a 1 person stun on a 20sec CD...kinda BS that warriors get a stun on a 20sec CD anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Rogues give up alot of damage to recup, warriors do.... nothing.

And Recup is 3% every 3 seconds, that's 1% per second
    Also...rogues are basically wearing newspaper for armor, Warriors can fear/disarm plus they're wearing plate

Yo dat plate is seriously imba in pvp. Better fix that. I can't believe that people even mention armor.
    well if armor doesn't matter why does dw frost dk do better then 2h frost dk against plate wearer. and not so great against cloth?

yep because armor matters. maybe not for your caster. but in the end armor matters for melee classes

Ellmist: Keep in mind that Disarm can be parried and dodged. Would you like a CC with 1 min cooldown like that, what cannot be used situationally at best most of the time if the target is not already stunned/feared or you being behind them? Just pointing this out, as when you take out warrior's stuns, realistically they got nothing else offensive cc to hit than a fear every 1.5 mins.

Shield wall is still decent, but Paladins do have bubble. Both are being used on the same situations, although you can still die inside wall if you get too low during a stun or something. Paladins bubble can be swiped out too, but still I'd take bubble anytime over shield wall, what makes me use stupid weapon switch macros. Same for spell reflect, Although it does have it's moments DK's still got some fun stuff too, like the spell copying.

Defensive Stance is very strong, but "soon" it won't be, so just hold your horses until next patch. Then you can faceroll over a warrior anytime.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-01-18 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Ellmist: Keep in mind that Disarm can be parried and dodged. Would you like a CC with 1 min cooldown like that, what cannot be used situationally at best most of the time if the target is not already stunned/feared or you being behind them? Just pointing this out, as when you take out warrior's stuns, realistically they got nothing else offensive cc to hit than a fear every 1.5 mins.

Shield wall is still decent, but Paladins do have bubble. Both are being used on the same situations, although you can still die inside wall if you get too low during a stun or something. Paladins bubble can be swiped out too, but still I'd take bubble anytime over shield wall, what makes me use stupid weapon switch macros. Same for spell reflect, Although it does have it's moments DK's still got some fun stuff too, like the spell copying.

Defensive Stance is very strong, but "soon" it won't be, so just hold your horses until next patch. Then you can faceroll over a warrior anytime.
    Ok granted, but lemme tell why Warriors are still better off...I was running 2s last night with my blood Dk buddy vs. Double Arms warriors...they dropped my Dk partner first (he in mostly dreadful gear) all while I dropped 1 of the warriors during my burst. So now its 1v1 warrior vs pally. I got him down to >35% health and his 2nd Wind out healed me as a hybrid ret pally with 4/5 malevolent (Hybrid classes healing was Nerfed, if you didn't know). My point being that warriors still have a ton of ways to get outta trouble compared to other melee classes. Even if the chances of a disarm aren't guaranteed the fact still remains that you have the options

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    BOTH SECOND WIND AND 25% DR DEFENSIVE STANCE WERE FINE IN 5.0/5.1. If they were left as is in 5.2 they would have been SLIGHTLY TOO WEAK. The current iteration leaves us once again as the most trainable/most easily burstable class in the game between having no form of damage immunity whatsoever while also being the most kiteable class in the game once again.

Honestly we are well on our way to 4.3 warriors 2.0 right now especially with the second wind changes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 04:18 AM ----------

Really? Well that's cool I guess.

LOLJK second wind suppressed while stunned. I'd understand if either of the two heals were anywhere near VIABLE let alone optimal but even with the victory rush nerf we have less healing potency than a mage or a hunter right now.

Warriors are still better off than Ret Pallies...who are truly the most focused/trainable class in the game

Blizzard failed when they decided to give warriors everything in surplus and now when they attempt to fix them they will be left with everything at shit tier .