BW / stampede / rabid
    KC
    AMoC
    Glaive
    Filler arcanes
    KC
    Readiness
    KC

I just attained the 4pc and the whole increased duration regarding serpent sting is making me wonder if I should cobra during my spam session or reapply srs in between BW's or just save it after the initial srs on the pull. Take a look at my previous opening and advise please

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're using nearly the same opening as me, I use Stampede/Rapid Fire just before BW in the opening, but for me, I started just reapplying SrS after the last KC in both my opening BW's.

Would like to add a question to this, can't seem to find it. How much is the 4pc worth in DPS?
    Would it be worth it to sacrifice Heroic Shoulders and Gloves with LFR set?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ongdd/advanced (Got LFR Gloves and Shoulders)

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I was doing an opening rotation of

srs
    BW / stampede / rabid
    KC
    AMoC
    Glaive
    Filler arcanes
    KC
    Readiness
    KC

I just attained the 4pc and the whole increased duration regarding serpent sting is making me wonder if I should cobra during my spam session or reapply srs in between BW's or just save it after the initial srs on the pull. Take a look at my previous opening and advise please
    It's worth it to cobra shot because using srs is a wasted GCD and you have rapid fire up anyway. By doing this you can shift your AMoC to outside of your first BW and still maintain SrS and your rotation (spamming arcane shots). So you are freeing up a GCD and even more cause you are refreshing your SrS.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

The way i do it is, SrS>Stampede>DB>BW>KC>AmoC>fillers and when srs is about to end i pop RF so it help me refresh srs and it will last for 2nd time i need to refresh Srs. To answer the question, i also thinks its beter to use cobra while rapid fire is up to maintain Srs then to just reaply it .
    Last edited by Oldy; 2013-01-04 at 07:27 AM.

Refreshing with SrS is a DPS loss, use Cobra instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Refreshing with SrS is a DPS loss, use Cobra instead.
    Given that cobra only adds 6 seconds to Srs.... you'll need to cobra quite a few times in the double BW duration.

Given that cobra only adds 6 seconds to Srs.... you'll need to cobra quite a few times in the double BW duration.
    You'll need to cobra twice during your first BW. Which is about 2.X seconds. Here is my math on the subject:

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Actually, using AMoC outside of the first BW accounts for this with the arcane shot spam. I am usually at ~30 focus when I cobra shot and my cobra shot is at a 1.3 second cast time with just rapid fire and the 10% haste buff. If hero is popped at the beginning it is under a 1 second cast time. So using cobra x2 gets me ready for the next 16 seconds of arcane shot spam.

SrS ticks for about 15k - 30k for me and cobra shots hit for 20k - 40k.

Presuming you are using AMoC to halve your focus cost (because you are either using it at the beginning before bestial wrath with cobras in the middle or halving it and doing what you are doing):

5 ticks of SrS would be 115k - 230k so adding the 40k - 80k with cobras and another 40k - 80k from an arcane shot would be 195k - 390k

An arcane shot hits for 40k - 80k and SrS would be 115k - 230k with the arcane shot would be 155k - 310k.

The thing is you are wasting a GCD anyway by using BW to halve the focus cost of your AMoC during the opener so that would actually make it favor the cobra shots so much more.

You have ~3.6 (3 with RF + Hero) seconds with cobra shot and an arcane shot and 3 with AMoC, SrS and the Arcane Shot during the opener. This is without even looking at the benefits of the focus regen of cobra shotting.

Even without hero, I'm pretty sure with a .6 second execute time is worth it for 40k - 80k damage.

I'm not entirely sure, but I'll have to test it. Using my rotation extends SrS to 16 seconds after the second cobra shot. Not sure if that can yield an extra tick. If it does it is that much better.

During my tests I've seen it hit 18 seconds on SrS when I refresh it. Meaning I am getting 1 extra tick which would put everything at:

My rotation: 210k - 420k
    AMoC during BW: 155k - 310k

So 55k - 110k damage from using my rotation over using your first AMoC during BW.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-05 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nvar View Post
    Would like to add a question to this, can't seem to find it. How much is the 4pc worth in DPS?
    Would it be worth it to sacrifice Heroic Shoulders and Gloves with LFR set?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ongdd/advanced (Got LFR Gloves and Shoulders)
    Bumping this.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll need to cobra twice during your first BW. Which is about 2.X seconds. Here is my math on the subject:
    Are you not using AmoC at all during your opener? Or just using it before BW?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    Using it before BW will mean less focus overflow when doing your cobras.... I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    Just before the first BW so I don't waste a GCD. After that I use my second with the last few seconds of my second BW so I can halve the focus cost every AMoC from that point on.

Using it before BW will mean less focus overflow when doing your cobras.... I assume.
    It also means more damage. You will get focus capped either way if you use it during or before so I get in an extra arcane shot that way.

Just before the first BW so I don't waste a GCD. After that I use my second with the last few seconds of my second BW so I can halve the focus cost every AMoC from that point on.

It also means more damage. You will get focus capped either way if you use it during or before so I get in an extra arcane shot that way.
    Yeah, I figured freeing up the extra GCD would help. This extended duration really throws a wrench at someone like me who was coasting through the tier on the typical damage rotation. My third amoc in a fight however I am noticing my amoc is coming off CD at the very end of BW... missing out on the nice damage bonus for it. Are you experiencing that as well?

Yeah, I figured freeing up the extra GCD would help. This extended duration really throws a wrench at someone like me who was coasting through the tier on the typical damage rotation. My third amoc in a fight however I am noticing my amoc is coming off CD at the very end of BW... missing out on the nice damage bonus for it. Are you experiencing that as well?
    Yeah the way everything is set up it happens like that. You'd have to delay either your BW or AMoC to compensate for it, but that's a dps loss to do that.

i deal with AMoC a bit differnt. after the inital stuff i try to get teh 3rd AmOc cast the GCD before BW so that i can recoup focus during BW and get more damage out of AMoC by having it get a 10% bonus for 16 of the hits vs only 1 hit by using it as the last GCD of a BW.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2013-01-06 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i deal with AMoC a bit differnt. after the inital stuff i try to get teh 3rd AmOc cast the GCD before BW so that i can recoup focus during BW and get more damage out of AMoC by having it get a 10% bonus for 16 of the hits vs only 1 hit by using it as the last GCD of a BW.
    Yeah I don't like doing that because I like have a lot of focus going into BW so I can spam AS more.

It is a matter of whether 10% damage on the 16 ticks is worth the focus loss. Personally, I don't think it is worth it. I'll do some calculations. How much focus would you say you have going into bw? ~30 ish?

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 05:57 PM ----------

So 15k hits and 30k crits with AMoC. 10% of those are 16500 - 33000.

16 ticks of both will be

No BW: 240,000 - 480,000
    BW: 264,000 - 528,000

The damage gained from delaying your bw and using AMoC during it is 24k damage. I don't think it's worth it.