Race Change to Orc or Troll from Pandaren

Hey All,

I am currently a Pandaren Hunter, and i am looking to race change to a Orc or a Troll but i am having real trouble deciding between the two and wondered if someone can help me choose? maybe point out some good and bad points about each race that i have missed?

I am doing a lot more PvP these days and started doing Arena, due to this i am leaning more towards Orc for the Duration of Stun effects reduced by an additional 15% but then i see the Trolls Activate to increase attack and casting speed by 20% for 10 seconds / Increase health regeneration bonus by 10%. Also allows 10% of normal health regenerate during combat.

So i am really stuck between the two

I would really appreciate some input pls x

Orc is the best for pve right now and with the AP trinket and the 2% pet damage racial as BM makes for some nice burst in pve and pvp. Haste will be undervalued since you have focus fire for that in pvp and in pve it's your worst stat. Go orc.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Holioo View Post
    Hey All,

I am currently a Pandaren Hunter, and i am looking to race change to a Orc or a Troll but i am having real trouble deciding between the two and wondered if someone can help me choose? maybe point out some good and bad points about each race that i have missed?

I am doing a lot more PvP these days and started doing Arena, due to this i am leaning more towards Orc for the Duration of Stun effects reduced by an additional 15% but then i see the Trolls Activate to increase attack and casting speed by 20% for 10 seconds / Increase health regeneration bonus by 10%. Also allows 10% of normal health regenerate during combat.

So i am really stuck between the two

I would really appreciate some input pls x
    Orc. They get an attack power boost, plus pets deal extra damage, plus stun duration reduction. The trolls health regen is negligible at 90, and while the haste cd is nice, it doesn't compare to the orc's arsenal of hunter bonuses. A close second though.

But in all honesty, you should play whichever you like more. If it truly doesn't matter, and it's all about the stat/survival bonuses, then I say go with Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Exp View Post
    Orc. They get an attack power boost, plus pets deal extra damage, plus stun duration reduction. The trolls health regen is negligible at 90, and while the haste cd is nice, it doesn't compare to the orc's arsenal of hunter bonuses. A close second though.

But in all honesty, you should play whichever you like more. If it truly doesn't matter, and it's all about the stat/survival bonuses, then I say go with Orc.
    The troll's hp regen isn't really that noticeable is it? I don't know the exact formula or how much it regens in combat, all I see is outdated stuff whenever I google it saying you are getting 5 HPS in patch 3.X.X

I think i will be going for Orc, i do prefer the look over them over Trolls to!

Thanks fort he fast replies guys x

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    The troll's hp regen isn't really that noticeable is it? I don't know the exact formula or how much it regens in combat, all I see is outdated stuff whenever I google it saying you are getting 5 HPS in patch 3.X.X
    Negligible is pretty much the same as not noticeable.

Orc is still king as Blizzard failed to do anything close to a racials revamp...

Deleted
    Potential of two beast bosses next tier, troll ftw.

Are people forgetting about the (potential) 1% bonus Crit you get from Troll since you need 1% less expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post

Are people forgetting about the (potential) 1% bonus Crit you get from Troll since you need 1% less expertise.
    Actually, it is way less than 1% crit. It is 340 expertise rating for 1% and it is 600 crit rating for 1%. It's more like half.

I don't know about the whole "beast" thing. Do you have any evidence/sources?

Besides I'd rather be the best I can be on 10/12 bosses rather than 2/12.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post

1% exp = 340 exp rating
    340 crit rating = 0.566...% crit

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    1% exp = 340 exp rating
    340 crit rating = 0.566...% crit
    Also, it is also a chance to trade the expertise into crit, no guarantees.

Deleted
    Okay, posting without thinking always bites back re:exp. I'm not saying troll is better btw (it's not) I'm just trying to put forth other benefits not already identified.

No guarantees but horriedon and tortos are likely beasts. Tortos could be elemtental though and horriedon has a fair few humanoids as part of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll is best for Hunters. Look at their racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheafie View Post
    Troll is best for Hunters. Look at their racials.
    ...didn't read a single post, did ya.

Now maybe if SV or MM becomes the top spec, then I might have to change to a troll

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:51 PM ----------

Honestly OP I wasn't looking into the future, If I were you I'd hold off your race change until 5.2 for this reason.

Now maybe if SV or MM becomes the top spec, then I might have to change to a troll

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:51 PM ----------

Honestly OP I wasn't looking into the future, If I were you I'd hold off your race change until 5.2 for this reason.
    Pretty sure all the top public settings in femaledwarf for both marks and survival still show orc as being superior. Even if troll does surpass it in any case it's probably by a very small amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Pretty sure all the top public settings in femaledwarf for both marks and survival still show orc as being superior. Even if troll does surpass it in any case it's probably by a very small amount.
    I simmed it without optimal reforges and the troll came out ~100 dps ahead for SV and MM. Now if there are some beast bosses it just makes it that much better. We also cannot sim the 2/4 piece for MM/SV/BM either yet which could have some pretty big changes on our dps depending on how they work.

The pet damage is very minimal, but for PvP, go Orc.

I just switched from Orc to Pandaren myself, was so tired of Orc. Even if it's very little, but slightly better than Orc. (If you use the Blood Fury correct, of course)

Why not undead? Bonus trinket > all. Also they have that random proc ability that does damage to enemies and heals you... which seems good for pvp as well as pve?

If you're already pandaren, the difference in dps is not worth race changing for. If you're changing for looks, sure, but don't do it for dps. 100 dps doesn't mean anything at our gear levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    You currently regen 1% of total health every 5 seconds while out of combat. With troll racial, you regen 1.1% of total health every 5 seconds out, and .11% of total health every 5 seconds while in. Its BARELY noticable
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.