Poll: What would you do?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Meh, no more elves. Create some interesting race instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They should look like blood elves though, they are the same people after all, only with a different name and eye colour.
    Yeah, that makes sense. But since this would be a new race it would make even more sense to upgrade the blood elf model to fit with the latest tech available.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Meh, no more elves. Create some interesting race instead.
    Having High Elf as a playable race doesn't mean it is not interesting or hinder a new interesting race to be playable and not having them toi be playable doesn't mean a new interesting race would be added. 2 different things that do not have anything to do with each other.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. But since this would be a new race it would make even more sense to upgrade the blood elf model to fit with the latest tech available.
    If the high elf is the upgraded model of blood elf, then that means blood elf will be upgraded into hat model.

High elf and blood elf are just like Tushui and Houjin.

At last, I would be able to have my characters where they belong! It would heal a wound that's been bleeding since The Frozen Throne (there is not an "Alliance campaign", instead there is this "anti-Alliance campaign" that's just sort of antagonizing a race I liked with the faction they were in and I liked, after almost destroying them in the Reign of Chaos Scourge campaign, after the "you-thought-you-won-but-no" Alliance campaign), made worse in vanilla WoW (no high or blood elves on the Alliance) and even worse since the Burning Crusade (blood elves... on the Horde).

I mean, all this 5.1 and 5.2 "Horde" versus Alliance just feels to me like Alliance versus Alliance. I knew when Blizzard said they would give a greater role to the blood elves it would mean... this.

When I play with my blood elf characters I feel I'm fighting my friends, when I fight blood elves with my Alliance characters, I feel the same. When I play with my troll, everything is cool... until I see the race I've always seen as the "opposite equivalent" of my troll since Warcraft II right there on my own faction.

And no, I wouldn't enjoy killing blood elves if I had my high elves, but at least I would be Horde free at long last.

(Except for my magnificent troll, but he's cool there.)

Blizzard may like this jarring "Alliance is the only one to fight former friends", but I don't, and each Pandaria patch only makes it worse. It's not Alliance versus Horde, never will be.

I wonder what would have happened if there were redeemed fel orcs and forest trolls in the Alliance, with some convoluted story to justify them or something. I do like trolls, but really. No.

10+ Year Old Account
    also, if blizzard does indeed add new skins for old races, i think blood elves should get a golden eye color since their sunwell is now a font of arcane and holy energies

it would be interesting (imo) to see blizzard represent the fact that the sunwells holy energies are having an effect on the, albeit miniscule (when compared to orcs, eredar), fel-taint that blood elves have

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 04:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

High elf and blood elf are just like Tushui and Houjin.
    that is the BEST example ANYONE has ever given in regards to High elf v Blood elf

/applause
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Revamp my Acc and come back to Wow I guess..

but for now..

<-<
    >->
    Rift already has high elves with every eye and hair colour you desire

I would slay them, plus id be annoyed but i wouldn't post it or complain it would be just a slight annoyance. Until horde gets Worgens than i would be ok with it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably mock Blizzard's utter stupidity in making a reskinned ethnic minority group of an existing Horde race the "brand new" Alliance one.

Well that, and hope the Horde actually got something relatively unique in return.

Where's the "No opinion" option?

But I'd probably roll one eventually.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd instantly race change 3, maybe 4, of my 11 characters to them since they were originally BE's when half of them were Horde prior to Cata.

Other than that, meh.

Deleted
    Misses the option :

*Cant wait to kill any kind of freaking pointedears-elvishshit that crosses my path as Alliance*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    High Elves have got to be the most arrogant, hypocrite, ungrateful, backstabbing, bootlicking sons of bitches in the entire warcraft universe.
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I intend on RPing as one if they're ever playable.

I would slightly alter my personal rules about ganking low levels.

I would cheer and shush the people QQing about how the Alliance's new race is just paler blood elves. Come on blizz, don't throw us anymore curveball races. Give us the high elves and ogres next time, races with already established tied to the two factions.

I would hate it. I would rather have a completely new race instead of the same elves.

Option C:Hate it as I don't see why people want blue eyed Blood Elves so bad instead of a more unique race. I know people say they could change their model, but High Elves are STILL lorewise almost identical to Blood Elves bar the paler skin and blue eyes.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My complaint with High Elves being added remains the same as always, their model.

In game they use the same model as BElves, and in lore its said the only physical difference is their eyes.

If Blizz retconned lore to give them a totally new and different modrl, sure. If not, well, you may as well just make BElf neutral and give Alliance something new.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Probably mock Blizzard's utter stupidity in making a reskinned ethnic minority group of an existing Horde race the "brand new" Alliance one.

Well that, and hope the Horde actually got something relatively unique in return.
    It would make sense in a way since HE's have been Alliance-affiliated throughout the entire game, plus given the whole 5.1 pre-Sunreaver incident where Varian was actually in negotiations to bring BE's into the Alliance fold before things went crazy in Dalaran. (A way to show some sort of progress without any actual progress being made! )

But yes, since Horde would have to be given something of equal value, I honestly don't know what would fit them from the Alliance races.

Humans? They already have Forsakened Humans. Some subset of Vrykul? Syndicates? Dunno.

Dwarves? Dark Iron is the only Dwarven faction that isn't staunchly Alliance-affiliated, but with Moira sitting in IF and all, not sure why they would swing to Horde.

Gnomes? Leper Gnomes are the only 'gnome splinter faction', and Horde already has Goblins to fulfil the 'short race' quota.

Night Elves? Highborne was the only real splinter faction, and they were re-integrated into Alliance in Cata.

Draenei? It's temping to say "Give Horde Eredar!" but Draenei already are the splinter faction of Eredar, not the reverse, so this doesn't really make sense. Although, given what the Orcs did to the Draenei on Draenosh during their ZOMG DEMON BLOOD RAGE RAAAARGHRTHGHGH! days of WC1/WC2, you could say they could either go with Draenei/Orc hybrids (ala Garona's retconned lineage) or just Broken. It would be a stretch either way, but at least it would use the other BC race for 'balance' sake.

Worgen? Don't really see it. Forsaken siege of Gilneas pretty much drove them directly into the Alliance, and the Worgen were supposedly immune to the plague or something, so you can't even say "Forsakened Worgen" or something silly. (Zombie Werewolves. lol)

Now, if you didn't care about trying to find an existing Alliance subfaction that would make sense in the Horde, the obvious Horde race would be Ogres, since they were the heavy hitting Horde units in WC2 (WC1? Dunno, only played WC2 and WC3)
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-01-04 at 04:16 PM.

When will the horde get worgen?

I really hate elves. I'd rather they spend some time with a new race entirely than give alliance something that's already in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I would cheer and shush the people QQing about how the Alliance's new race is just paler blood elves. Come on blizz, don't throw us anymore curveball races. Give us the high elves and ogres next time, races with already established tied to the two factions.
    Pretty much this.