10+ Year Old Account

Fullscreen on third monitor.

Hello,

I have a question regarding the option for choosing which screen games/apps go fullscreen on.
    Currently my setup is this:

Mainscreen: Dell U2312HM, Secondary Screen(Browser/apps): Samsung T220.
    TV positioned elsewhere in the room: Samsung UE32ES5500 for digital TV, and videoplayback (drag the media player screen there) for comfy viewing. It is connected to my PC via the HDMI output. Thank heavens for the 4port display features @ GTX600 series

Now the question is this, sometimes i dont want to sit on my desk to play some controller based games, but want to play them on the 32".
    To do so, i have to make it my mainscreen, and then run the game. But from where i sit on the desk that's a little hard to read. And i dont want to add another set of perhipherals in order to run it from the bed.

TL : DR Question: Can i make a commandline or alteration in windows that makes fullscreen games/apps run on the TV instead of the Dell, whist the Dell is still the mainscreen.

Sincerely,

Majesticii.

FIX:

So i finally fully fixed it. So to anyone who also wants this without the headache, here goes:

Install Ultramon: See Steamforum link
    Install AutoHotKey: See Steamforum link
    Download this: http://tomchuk.com/static/upload/adm...Controller.zip
    And look for EndPointController.exe in the "release" file. Place this somewhere on the drive and remember this location for the .bat file.

Run Endpointcontroller.exe in cmd.
    You should see your audio devices with numbers infront of it. Remember these numbers and make a batch file.
    Write in this batchfile:

Code:
    installation directory\...\Endpointcontroller.exe "number of audio device" (without the " ")
    Save this file as audio_#.bat twice. So make this batch for both your HDMI and normal playback device with according numbers.

Next create a monitorswitch script for Ultramon:
    (check in display settings what numbers your monitors have)

Code:
    Set sys = CreateObject("UltraMon.System")
    sys.Monitors("number of monitor").Primary = True
    sys.ApplyMonitorChanges
    Save it to something_#.vbs for both monitors. So make this twice, for your mainscreen and TV. With according numbers.

Next make the AutoHotKey file.

Code:
    #IfWinNotExist, Steam ahk_class CUIEngineWin32
    Joy7::
    Run, "installdirectory\...\something_#.vbs" This is the vbs for the TV
    RunWait, "[B]installdirectory\...\audio_#.bat.bat" This is the HDMI playback batch (.bat).
    Process, Exist, Steam.exe
    if ErrorLevel
    Run, "steam://open/bigpicture"
    else
    Run, "D:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe" -bigpicture
    WinWait, Steam ahk_class CUIEngineWin32
    WinWaitClose, Steam ahk_class CUIEngineWin32
    Run, "installdirectory\...\something_#.vbs" This is the vbs for the Main monitor
    RunWait, "[B]installdirectory\...\audio_#.bat.bat" This is the soundcard playback batch.
    I just can't stand to leave a topic unanswered.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-01-04 at 11:06 PM.

I know several games allow you to choose the screen they display on, but to my knowledge there is not a command for it elsewhere besides manually changing that value. Although, I doubt it would be difficult to look up the registry keys that get changed and create two simple scripts that will change the display.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could set the 32" as the main monitor when you want to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriscats View Post
    You could set the 32" as the main monitor when you want to use it.
    To do so, i have to make it my mainscreen, and then run the game. But from where i sit on the desk that's a little hard to read. And i dont want to add another set of perhipherals in order to run it from the bed.
    Yeah this is my current solution, but i want to do it so that my mainscreen remains the U2312HM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    Was doing that, just didn't find anything. Thanks for this.
    However, he still makes the TV his primary monitor. So it's not exactly what i want (if what i want is possible).

For example in WoW i can select screen3 as monitor. When i launch it it just gets displayed on the TV, whilst still having the desktop on the dell. So it is possible. Just need to figure out how to do this for other games.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-01-04 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/download.asp that's probably what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tested it out, this just gives you the same options as nvidia panel. I find no setting to alter utility/games initial launch settings.

For those who just joined the topic;
    I want a way for force utilities or games to a certain monitor, without having to switch monitor profiles/mainscreen. Games like diablo3 and WoW can do it ingame, i just need to find a external way to do it for games that can't do it ingame.

EDIT:

I found the setting on ultramon. Testing it out now.
    #No, it does not work. It just changes the primary monitor to that screen, but the dell remains the primary screen for the app/game.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-01-04 at 07:02 PM.

You'd have to know DirectX and create a small program which intercepts the game loading to address it to monitor 2 instead.
    I believe most programs/apps are just flipping the primary screen like you've found out (as that's all that "external" programs would do, unless you created a "hook" program which caught every DX launch and then threw it on Monitor 2).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i play most of my games via steam. And i've just found out that you can setup steams "big picture" to launch on a different screen (and by doing so it automatically swaps that screen to primary, which is fine). However, when you exit "big picture" the TV remains the primary monitor and i have to squint my eyes from across the room to swap it back.

Found this:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/big...0163779333001/

This is a little above my knowledge base, trying to decipher this.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-01-04 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    You need to use this script with ultramon, for fast switching between screens as primary and secondary: http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon...tchPrimary.vbs)

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i'm currently in the process of tweaking it to my specs. Primary_1 and Primary_2.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:11 PM ----------

Oh my god it actually works. Not sure how the guy changes the audio though, still working on that part.
    So far the script is

Code:
    #IfWinNotExist, Steam ahk_class CUIEngineWin32
    Joy7::
    RunWait, "F:\Progs\Ultramon\Primary_1.vbs"
    Process, Exist, Steam.exe
    if ErrorLevel
    Run, "steam://open/bigpicture"
    else
    Run, "D:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe" -bigpicture
    WinWait, Steam ahk_class CUIEngineWin32
    WinWaitClose, Steam ahk_class CUIEngineWin32
    Run, "F:\Progs\Ultramon\Primary_2.vbs"
    I removed the line where it closed steam, and made 2 different scripts for Ultramon, for screen 1 (TV) and 2 (DELL).

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:28 PM ----------

Ok, so the only part that confuses me is this:

Code:
    Run, mmsys.cpl
    WinWait,Sound
    ControlSend,SysListView321,{Down 5}
    ControlClick,&Set Default
    ControlClick,OK
    WinWaitClose
    If i add this, and press the controller button, it opens windows sound configurations. And just this. Script then halts from this point on.
    I'm assuming {down #} means how many devices it has to scroll down, and then autoset to default + close, but it doesn't. Is this admin related?

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    I know several games allow you to choose the screen they display on, but to my knowledge there is not a command for it elsewhere besides manually changing that value. Although, I doubt it would be difficult to look up the registry keys that get changed and create two simple scripts that will change the display.
    Every game has a config file, every game there for has the ability to have this set to Monitor 2. If its in the ui is the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i've got it figured out now, except for this code.

Code:
    Run, mmsys.cpl
    WinWait,Sound
    ControlSend,SysListView321,{Down 5}
    ControlClick,&Set Default
    ControlClick,OK
    WinWaitClose
    This just refuses to work, even if i lookup different approaches to this command. It just opens windows sound and the script halts. I have to reload the script, but then it just opens the windows sound again and halts.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-01-04 at 11:05 PM.

be carefull with autohotkey. alot of people have been banned for having it running while playing wow and other mmos' (it gets detected and yes it's heavily used in automating / outside game looping macros).

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    be carefull with autohotkey. alot of people have been banned for having it running while playing wow and other mmos' (it gets detected and yes it's heavily used in automating / outside game looping macros).
    This is false, noone is ever banned for just running autohotkey. They get reported for obvious botting. No non memory writing bots can be seen, its a fact. Now all of us players we see you we report you and you go down in a month or so.