Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading. ~Thomas Jefferson

I don't think I could explain it any better.
    bro sounds like a warmongering slave owner.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Exactly this,

Be safe, Dont buy one,

Hell if your from America you can get away with killing a trespasser, so I'm pretty sure beating them with a bat will be fine,

Seriously, earlier this week I saw someone asking this website, a website for a gaming community, most made up of 10/12 year olds to 20's what gun should they buy, Do you really want that person to have a gun for fuck sakes
    You've never heard of a troll, have you?

Deleted
    Hey guys.
    So in Denmark, a gun locker is a requirement to own any kind of gun or rifles.
    I like that law.

That's my input.
    PS - We're all happy about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    bro sounds like a warmongering slave owner.
    It doesn't make him wrong.

idk if I'd trust people who own other people as property.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    To a reasonable degree. No one is going to rob me using a nuclear weapon, but a handgun is not uncommon. Why are you posting if you aren't going to make a serious comment?

But if you really want to argue nuclear arms, well, take a look at the world. Someone had a bigger, and better gun. So everyone else had to match it or become an easy target for those with them. It's obviously not the best plan, but lacking a way eliminate any and all weapons, it's the best one we have for the time being.
    Some would argue a gun, especially guns like assault rifles, are out of the realm of "reasonable".

Also, the nuclear arms race (MAD strategy) almost lead to WWIII in the Cuban missile crisis. Luckily both sides saw what this type of thinking leads to and stopped before it got out of hand. Giving everyone guns is a terrible idea.

Also, Trail of Tears. Guy is a founding father and all, but his presidency was not good.
    Last edited by WarFalcon1; 2013-01-04 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general, I like pulling random quotes out merely because they are from famous people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Hell if your from America you can get away with killing a trespasser, so I'm pretty sure beating them with a bat will be fine,

Seriously, earlier this week I saw someone asking this website, a website for a gaming community, most made up of 10/12 year olds to 20's what gun should they buy, Do you really want that person to have a gun for fuck sakes
    In general, I would say the offtopic forum population is more 16-24 than 10-mid teens. In fact, I would say that the overall WoW population has shifted more into the late teens early 20s range, just because of the passage of time.

A baseball bat is a far less potent weapon than almost any modern firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    In general, I like pulling random quotes out merely because they are from famous people.

In general, I would say the offtopic forum population is more 16-24 than 10-mid teens. In fact, I would say that the overall WoW population has shifted more into the late teens early 20s range, just because of the passage of time.

A baseball bat is a far less potent weapon than almost any modern firearm.
    but as a deterrent to an unarmed intruder a bat will work as well as a fire arm.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Then you shouldn't trust the Constitution, sinec it was written purely by slave owners as was the norm of the time.

Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading. ~Thomas Jefferson

I don't think I could explain it any better.
    "I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."

- MLK
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    but as a deterrent to an unarmed intruder a bat will work as well as a fire arm.
    Would it? Even with martial arts training and armed with a bat, I doubt I could take down an invader if they're a foot and a half taller than me and solidly built. Much less if there are two or more home invaders.

Then you shouldn't trust the Constitution, sinec it was written purely by slave owners as was the norm of the time.

The great thing about the Constitution is it can be and has been changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    I can afford one, I choose not to buy one, well not a gun safe anyway. I have a fireproof safe for documents / paperwork but I can hardly fit an assault rifle in it.
    Sorry but people with this attitude have no right to a weapon in my opinion. If people want guns then they should be made to keep them safe at all times, unless they are being worn in places that allow, or they are being used for hunting / at the range, Weapons like assault rifles kept in full size gun cabinets and pistols kept either in the full size cabinet or in a small gun safe. As for the "need it accessible for home defense" this total bullshit and highly irresponsible on the part of the owner.

Ben Franklin was an avid Abolitionist.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    Some would argue a gun, especially guns like assault rifles, are out of the realm of "reasonable".
    People, such as yourself, frequently misusing the term 'assault rifle.' The general public do NOT have access to assault weapons. A semi-automatic rifle isn't an assault weapon. The argument against them is moot.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 03:08 PM ----------

Ben Franklin was an avid Abolitionist.
    As was Tomas Jefferson, but he still owned slaves.

guns dont kill people, i kill people. and Mogu, ive been on a mogu murdering spree

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if I remember correctly, speaking in general terms those who mostly backed the Constitution weren't commonly slave owners, while those who put in the Bill of Rights were the plantation owners and such in the southern colonies. I could be wrong, though, it's been a bit since I've read up on the formation of your constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    I'm just going to add any thief that tries to steal things WHILE SOMEONE IS IN THE HOUSE, is a terrible thief.
    This is what's called a "hot" robbery. Ironnically, in the US the "hot" robbery rate is about 13%. In countries where guns are banned (UK for example) it's about 60%.

People, such as yourself, frequently misusing the term 'assault rifle.' The general public do NOT have access to assault weapons. A semi-automatic rifle isn't an assault weapon. The argument against them is moot.
    "in the United States, an assault weapon is most commonly defined as a semi-automatic firearm possessing certain features similar to those of military firearms"????
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Would it? Even with martial arts training and armed with a bat, I doubt I could take down an invader if they're a foot and a half taller than me and solidly built. Much less if there are two or more home invaders.
    I could fuck up somebody even if they were 7.5 ft tall.
    Gamdwelf the Mage