Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I knew a guy that was BFFs with the cousin of another guy that was married to the sister of another guy that was BFFs with the second cousin of the step-brother of a wow dev who said it was a diablo mmo as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote is for Diablo.

When I walk around sanctuary, and the various landscapes, I just a better sense of "world view". Even with not copying the landscape, I think that the layout and story telling of Diablo just lends itself more easily..... make that more palatable... to gamers. Part of the initial success of WH:AoR was the darker, more realized environment of the warhammer franchise. the character development is in place (assuming such iconic characters as Tyrael, Imperious, Cain.. etc make a comeback either as named, or parodied), the story of diablo can be considered as timeless as the warcraft story.. just not quite as character rich.

Starcraft, as with other RTS's just haven't had much success in the MMO, or worse: FPS market ( Think Command & Conquer. Amazing RTS, terrible in any other attempted format). There are realistically 4 storied characters to SC... everyone else is ENTIRELY obscure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    I am pretty sure Lore from Tankspot is correct. Its StarCraft: GHOST
    Starcraft: GHOST was not planned to be an MMO, was it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would enjoy a Starcraft "space"-theme MMO so much.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Starcraft: GHOST was not planned to be an MMO, was it?
    No, it wasn't. But while they buried Sc:Ghost, maybe they didn't bury the concept.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I would enjoy a Starcraft "space"-theme MMO so much.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 05:44 PM ----------

No, it wasn't. But while they buried Sc:Ghost, maybe they didn't bury the concept.
    Yeah that's a possibility.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-01-06 at 05:09 PM.

I would actually pay money for a starcraft universe MMO if it had the following
    *If it was a third person shooter with the ability to enter first person view (melee would play a little like GW2 melee except without tab)
    *If it had dynamic events like rift and firefall where zerg would attack bases and you would have to defend them or, if you lost the base, retake it. (the guards would be infected. Mmm)
    *Extreme customization. Rift's tree insanity comes to mind.
    *Meaningful crafting. Kill boss, get mats. Not pieces of gear. Crafting a single piece of gear should require orchestrating with several other professions. Get the steel plating crafted by a metallurgist, the programming by a hacker, and the fuel from a chemist so YOU, the mechanic, can combine all that along with some mats you make like machined bolts, a chaise frame, and a fuel cell recharger and then you create an Vulture motorcycle.
    *Personal story per class like swtor.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-01-06 at 05:36 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I think if it is not new IP then it's Starcraft MMO

Deleted
    I don't think its a diablo MMO, i have a hard time seeing what they could possibly achieve with many of the lords of hell being defeated, diablo merged with the lords being imprisoned within the black soulstone when he used Lea as his vessel and where later destroyed, The only missing link so far in the storyline is what Adria is up to after her disappearance in act 3, i suppose they would spin of on her resurrecting them. Would personally rather see a mmo set in starcraft being played a bit like mmo-fps.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-01-06 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Spoiler tag incase someone not played D3

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    I don't think its a diablo MMO, i have a hard time seeing what they could possibly achieve with many of the lords of hell being defeated, diablo merged with the lords being imprisoned within the black soulstone when he used Lea as his vessel and where later destroyed, The only missing link so far in the storyline is what Adria is up to after her disappearance in act 3, i suppose they would spin of on her resurrecting them. Would personally rather see a mmo set in starcraft being played a bit like mmo-fps.
    "THE DIABLO FRANCHISE WAS MERELY A SETBACK" - every boss

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Great, they can recycle even more ideas between the franchises.
    Shut up before we have Orcs flying around in battlecruisers ,find out naru are nothing more than truly enlightened protoss and Klaxxi/Silithi are mere evolved Zerg

Well of eternity could be nothing more than the leftovers from a mineral facility meltdown.

Well if you believe what Blizzard says about it not competing with WoW (other than being an mmorpg) then you have to rule out anything related to Warcraft. Diablo is fairly similar to Warcraft so you would have a lot of crossover and competition there, that rules out that. Something related to Starcraft is the only real possibility if you believe what this guy says. I wouldn't be surprised if it is an mmo based on Ghost, a 3rd person shooter similar to the mass effect series.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Shut up before we have Orcs flying around in battlecruisers ,find out naru are nothing more than truly enlightened protoss and Klaxxi/Silithi are mere evolved Zerg

Well of eternity could be nothing more than the leftovers from a mineral facility meltdown.
    The dark portal is just a warp gate.

Like seriously.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    The Draenei came in a spaceship to azeroth, that is a possibility actually.
    There's more evidence. There use to be like a 20 page list of thing / easter eggs in WoW, WC3, and SC that implied the link. Not sure where to find it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post

The Draenei came in a spaceship to azeroth and they came from argus before they populated Draenor, its a possibility they had contact with Protoss, you could also speculate in the eredar being related to the protoss.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-01-06 at 08:53 PM.

back in the day when WC3 and WOW Were in dev at the same time WOW was a (D3) proto-type but at some point the dev team felt that the lore with the Warcraft universe was a larger pool to pull from so their (D3) proto-type became a Warcraft MMO that is why the old style of talents and the level system and skills seemed so much like a diablo and not a the Warcraft Rts.

Form a game play perspective Warcraft and Starcraft are the same series WC1,WC2,SC,WC3,SC2 but don't share the same story.... with Titans building worlds and races and the Zel'naga doing the same you never know. (remember we only see lore form the eyes of the people we play not the True history. this is the thing that makes blizzard lore so compelling.)

i can see people wanting a Diablo mmo but it is not in the stars would be too much like a WoW clone a D3 expac most likely is and titan is at most a year away form coming to light but i think it is going to be mostly a social game not a hardcore but with SC ghost getting canned we do have the ground work for a 3rd person shooter that had years in dev for and game engine so i can see it as a new mmo shooter but then i would question activision blizzard on going with a blizzard mmo shooter and not a CoD one but then activision was ok with Cod having more then on dev studio work on it and CoD would be a New IP for blizzard so you never know could be that too.

I really hope its a new IP... but i cant see Blizzard being that creative anymore. They will prob throw in some old wow dungeons too. Why not!! Just like how Nintendo will never do anything besides rehash mario and zelda games, blizz ill keep doing the same.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I would actually pay money for a starcraft universe MMO if it had the following
    *If it was a third person shooter with the ability to enter first person view (melee would play a little like GW2 melee except without tab)
    *If it had dynamic events like rift and firefall where zerg would attack bases and you would have to defend them or, if you lost the base, retake it. (the guards would be infected. Mmm)
    *Extreme customization. Rift's tree insanity comes to mind.
    *Meaningful crafting. Kill boss, get mats. Not pieces of gear. Crafting a single piece of gear should require orchestrating with several other professions. Get the steel plating crafted by a metallurgist, the programming by a hacker, and the fuel from a chemist so YOU, the mechanic, can combine all that along with some mats you make like machined bolts, a chaise frame, and a fuel cell recharger and then you create an Vulture motorcycle.
    *Personal story per class like swtor.
    Your going to pay for it nomatter what it is. Dont lie

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Your going to pay for it nomatter what it is. Dont lie
    I didn't buy SC2 (got it handed down from a friend who was unimpressed)
    I got a refund from D3 because it was terrible.
    I haven't played wow for over 2 years.

I haven't given blizzard a dollar in over 2 years. I am not going to start again until its something worth my time/money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    And starcraft is non fantasy, right?
    sure it's sci-fi, but that's just another term for future fantasy,. surely?
    It's orientated on sci-fi, even the "magic" the game has is measured by mechanical standards in the lore (Psionic power), so yeah, just like Mass effect had "powers" that weren't just fairies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would play the SHIT out of a starcraft MMO. There was speculation about Titan being about starcraft anyway when the custom game for SC2 got taken down by Blizzard.
    I'd love to play a Dark Templar class or a marauder or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    There was speculation about Titan being about starcraft anyway when the custom game for SC2 got taken down by Blizzard.
    Except the reason Blizz lawyers freaked out was because they though someone was using the Starcraft IP to make their own game and not just modding SC2. I never heard any of that speculation but it's pretty silly to link the two as they are completely unrelated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Except the reason Blizz lawyers freaked out was because they though someone was using the Starcraft IP to make their own game and not just modding SC2. I never heard any of that speculation but it's pretty silly to link the two as they are completely unrelated.
    Everybody in the SC2 community at the time put on their tinfoil hats and starting saying world of starcraft is next. I don't know if you played SC2 at the time, but it was a pretty big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.