Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    should've just scrapped it altogether.
    And why is that?

So...just like I said before, vaporware.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And why is that?
    When you're yanking a team of 100 to a team of 30 you might as well just cut the losses and pull any creative ideas they came up with and incorporate it into something completely new, although, maybe that's really what they're doing and they're just going through their iterative process before actually canning the process. "Reset" is the PR term they're coining it though.

I sort of felt like it was heading this way with nothing being said about it for so long other than rumors
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

When you're yanking a team of 100 to a team of 30 you might as well just cut the losses and pull any creative ideas they came up with and incorporate it into something completely new, although, maybe that's really what they're doing and they're just going through their iterative process before actually canning the process. "Reset" is the PR term they're coining it though.
    You really need to go into more detail here. What does a team of 100 vs 30 have to do with creative ideas? I guarantee you not all 100 of those members were idea people.

Going by what little the article actually says the problem is that the tech just isn't where they want it to be. If you check the front page Boubouille corroborates this.

First off... is this ACTUALLY confirmed yet?

Not saying it's not true... but I would like a bit more of a substantiated claim that whomever these "gamebeat" website guys are.

If you check the front page Boubouille corroborates this.
    I stand corrected. :P

If Boubouille corroborates this, that's pretty much a confirmation to me.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 01:29 AM ----------

I sort of felt like it was heading this way with nothing being said about it for so long other than rumors
    Oooh... you just gave me a nasty thought! :P

What if they actually pumped a bunch of this new tech/ideas into WoW? ((doubt they would, but it IS fun to speculate! :P))
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-05-29 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Oooh... you just gave me a nasty thought! :P

What if they actually pumped a bunch of this new tech/ideas into WoW? ((doubt they would, but it IS fun to speculate! :P))
    I guess it's possible, but in all likelihood any changes along those lines probably wouldn't even make it into the next expansion. Blizzard seems rather comfortable with their current content turnaround and I'm willing to bet development on the next expansion has been underway for at least since MoP launched. A sudden influx of new tech would probably set them back.

Of course, it's also possible that they were planning to incorporate things they had developed for Titan that were suitable to WoW already, and this reallocation of devs might just speed things up. And speeding things up would probably result in adding more features, since I doubt they would release the next expansion early.

I would still file this all under wishful thinking though. Possibilities, but not very likely ones.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's possible, but in all likelihood any changes along those lines probably wouldn't even make it into the next expansion. Blizzard seems rather comfortable with their current content turnaround and I'm willing to bet development on the next expansion has been underway for at least since MoP launched. A sudden influx of new tech would probably set them back.

Of course, it's also possible that they were planning to incorporate things they had developed for Titan that were suitable to WoW already, and this reallocation of devs might just speed things up. And speeding things up would probably result in adding more features, since I doubt they would release the next expansion early.

I would still file this all under wishful thinking though. Possibilities, but not very likely ones.
    likely they are cutting their losses and see if there is any further mmo potential down the road before committing to actually releasing the game.

I mean they've been working on it for what 7 years and we only ever heard rumors and speculation? I would be shocked if 2016 was a possibility by then mmo's may not even be a popular genre to venture into
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    The only person I've ever seen give accurate info on Titan says it's not even going to make it out of beta, so make of that what you will.

Oh, and I notice you don't even mention the D3 ports, or Balls, or the SC2.x eSports coming up. I'd read more about their IGN acquisition, before you naysay as much as are.
    well i guess it defintely isnt making out of beta now lol.

likely they are cutting their losses and see if there is any further mmo potential down the road before committing to actually releasing the game.
    Going by what little the article actually says the problem is that the tech just isn't where they want it to be. If you check the front page Boubouille corroborates this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft ghost all over again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    It needs big design and tech changes, yet they cut the team making it by 70% to do this? Of course of those supposed 100 not all are going to be planning the game out, but that still seems a little excessive. Are the 30 people left actually making design decisions? Isn't that also excessive as how's anyone going to decide on a set plan with 30 people all steering the wheels?
    You dont need level designers and animators if the game have fallen back to a conceptual stage. 30 ppl doing nothing but brainstorming even sounds abit overkill tbh - its probably a mixed team with tech advisors, concept artists and suchs.

Could really have been interesting to se what they have scrapped.
    If Titan was a traditional MMO with hotkey combat and mob grind i can se why they would dump it. I think many players are exhausted after a decade with mob grind, where you would Tab, fire and forget for days- and even pay a monthly fee for it. Xp grind and a combat based on random roll´s instead of playerskill feels outdated imo. Most of Blizzards competitors are trying to come up with something new.

Um... I already told you it wasn't going to make it out of beta, based on the rumors I heard. You summarily dismissed me; I'm not sure you actually do want rumors...

Um... I already told you it wasn't going to make it out of beta, based on the rumors I heard. You summarily dismissed me; I'm not sure you actually do want rumors...
    You're some random dude on the internet...don't be surprised when you say things, call them "rumors" without any evidence, etc to back up your claims and not everyone ends up taking you seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You're some random dude on the internet...don't be surprised when you say things, call them "rumors" without any evidence, etc to back up your claims and not everyone ends up taking you seriously.
    But mah daddy werks at bluzzurd.

I didn't ;p

I believe it should still be able to make it out to retail release though eventually.
    Ship hasn't sunk to SC:G/LotC depths yet.
    >>> And then.. <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Um... ok, mr backseatmod. I told you it wouldn't get out of beta, from a source, that if you knew how to navigate the net, would be there for you to read as well. And so now, the biggest confirmed (k, second biggest, behind the confirmation it even exist(s/ed)) piece of evidence is out there, yet I have no evidence it won't make it out of beta. Smh.

Um... ok, mr backseatmod. I told you it wouldn't get out of beta, from a source, that if you knew how to navigate the net, would be there for you to read as well. And so now, the biggest confirmed (k, second biggest, behind the confirmation it even exist(s/ed)) piece of evidence is out there, yet I have no evidence it won't make it out of beta. Smh.
    Well, it never actually made it into beta to begin with...so...yeah...

They did same thing to Starcraft (twice even, Patrick Wyatt's blog goes into detail on this). and we got greatest RTS in history after. Also, consider that of all MMORPG's released recently only GW2 performed up to expectations, I'd say that FFIV and SWTOR were a huge lessons to all. Considering long development time Titan probably had subpar graphics and combat system, so revamp or cancellation were their only options. Also, with next gen consoles coming to the market, making an engine that can work on them is probably smart business decision.

I did not like the rumors about titans setting at all. so if they were true and now all is over board I think that's good
    Still hoping Titan to be a scifi mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have made a statement it seems;

Shon Damron issued the following statement:
    We’ve always had a highly iterative development process, and the unannounced MMO is no exception. We’ve come to a point where we need to make some large design and technology changes to the game. We’re using this opportunity to shift some of our resources to assist with other projects while the core team adapts our technology and tools to accommodate these new changes. Note that we haven’t announced any dates for the MMO.
    http://kotaku.com/blizzards-next-big...oard-510232333