Page 1 of 48
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Titan Speculation

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-...more-rumor-r60

The guy, who a year before anyone ever heard the name Titan was already speaking of a Project Titan being developed by Blizzard, and who claims to have contact to someone at Blizzard, says that Blizzard wasn't 100% honest about whether Titan is going to be a new IP. He says it's going to be a spin-off of an existing franchise. He hints that it might be Diablo-related. You can read his original posts in the article.

edit: 2 things are frequently said by several posters.

1. Blizzard said it's an original IP
    Yes, they did, but this topic is about how someone with an inside source claims, that this is not entirely true. If there wasn't at least something like this as a basis I wouldn't have made this thread. So please read the linked article.

2. Where have they said it's an MMORPG?

Here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-be-an-MMORPG?
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-01-05 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read it yesterday. If accurate, I am completely ok with this. I enjoy Diablo lore (hell, I enjoy most of Blizzard lore overall), and it really just increases my curiosity to finding out what this will be.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.

would love a Diablo mmo, we need a dark and gritty mmo, not that diablo 3 is dark and gritty but the world is.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Should be a good year for Blizzcon.

Whatever the new game is, can we please do away with fetch quests? Almost an entire expansion of kill x loot y is physically painful. Thankfully Blood DK's can pull 30 things at once and aoe them all down at almost all levels of MoP questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting indeed.

If you think about it, no wonder they put so much emphasis on fleshing out the world of sanctuary in the Diablo IP. There are concept art areas that are inaccessable in diablo 3, and have even been said that they arent even part of the game, yet we have concept art of locations in the Diablo world?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.
    I would prefer that, too, but Diablo also has a great world to explore.

So I can play a blizzard MMO on my xbox 360 while waiting in an hour long que for Terrace of Endless Springs LFR?

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:19 PM ----------

My problem with the xbox 360 bit is that game companies are already getting leery about producing xbox 360 games when the next gen box is supposed to be out later this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, they can recycle even more ideas between the franchises.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would support this..
    Diablo is a fun franchise, D2:LoD is one of my favourite games EVER..

the problem I see though, would World of Diablo be THAT different to World of Warcraft? Sure on a lore basis they're far apart, but in pure mechanics it seems to me they'd be far to similar...

World of STARcraft however
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I would support this..
    Diablo is a fun franchise, D2:LoD is one of my favourite games EVER..

the problem I see though, would World of Diablo be THAT different to World of Warcraft? Sure on a lore basis they're far apart, but in pure mechanics it seems to me they'd be far to similar...

World of STARcraft however
    They can surprise us with a lot of things, especially in terms of combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would much prefer a Starcraft MMO if it had to be an existing franchise that couldn't be Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope it will be good... If they can combine all the good things about new-gen MMO's, not necesarily the same (Storytelling from swtor, combat and graphical quality of tera, aesthetical quality (not necesarily style) and willingness to reform the questing system like GW2), it should be good. (No I'm not saying they should reform each part of the game to make it the same as the others that reformed it, but at least not have it be the way that it currently is.)

IP doesn't really matter all that much, but I guess it will have a bigger chance of success if they follow up on an existing IP, as there's already so much lore on their current 3 games, that they would have to really go all out to make the new IP an actual improvement compared to the existing ones.

Just still wondering about the "it's going to be a casual MMO" thing that was said somewhere... If that means more casual than WoW... That's gotta be pretty darn casual considering the fact that WoW caters to so much different types of players, including the more casual players.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Would be funny if we'll eventually receive.... World of Warcraft 2 XD

Arrh...stop it already. I can't live without knowing =/

Sounds like a cool spin-off idea, would be the first darker MMO I know off maybe exspect that Secret world one? Maybe Im wrong, but I always seen MMO's as nothing to "dark".
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I highly doubt it would be diablo related. Might as well make World of Warcraft: Diablo themepark expansion or WOW 2. The themes of the games would be so similar it wouldn't be interesting enough to drag in tons of players and make itself the new King of MMO's.

Deleted
    "Its going to be what Blizzard fans want." translated into English= "It's going to be a StarCraft MMO."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Would be funny if we'll eventually receive.... World of Warcraft 2 XD
    He said it's not Warcraft :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    "Its going to be what Blizzard fans want." translated into English= "It's going to be a StarCraft MMO."
    Thought the same thing, but then he hints at a Diablo MMO.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I highly doubt it would be diablo related. Might as well make World of Warcraft: Diablo themepark expansion or WOW 2. The themes of the games would be so similar it wouldn't be interesting enough to drag in tons of players and make itself the new King of MMO's.
    But Diablo is also a game that translates very well into an MMO.

Would much rather have a 40K mmo then Starcraft when it comes to sci fi, better lore and universe etc, a new IP imo would be the best, we need something fresh.
    Do you hear the voices too?