Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    A Diablo MMO has potential, I was actually suprised they haven't made an MMO for this franchise already. Diablo is also more popular than Starcraft, its wider audience could easily give the game up to atleast 6 million active subs.
    D3's original incarnation was going to be an MMO. Blizzard submarined that idea and redeveloped the whole game to be what we eventually recieved.

Also, don't underestimate the PR and good will damage done to the Diablo franchise by D3. It failed to step into the shoes left for it by it's predecessors and while the patches have continuously improved it, it is safe to say that people might be very leary of anything released that's associated with Diablo for the next while.

Deleted
    Well I don't trust any of the things that this "Guy" tells us but anyways.. the what if scenarious are awesome.

I like both SC and Diablo, even if the third part of Diablo isn't as good as the 2nd part... but anyways, storytelling wise is Blizzard still extremely good. And the story in Diablo3 was still good.

Blizzcon is going to be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I'm reading it, and I could be wrong, it's gonna be spin-off of either starcraft or diablo and this spin-off is gonna be it's own new ip eventually? If so, I could see titan being a diablo mmo. We've already dealt with the big threats and having a new threat could be a great start to something new, if done right I guess.

I haven't beaten starcraft 2 so I don't know anything about what happens in the end. Although, a futuristic space mmo (lolswtor) could be nice...
    "No one wants to change, but no one wants to be left behind either" -Joshua, The World Ends With You

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    One does not simply get tired of fantasy MMOs (unless they're generic and boring). But OT: I'd take Diablo MMO over some space one.. and Titan kinda sounds "spacey", like that planet called Titan.
    How do you know whether or not he cant simply get tired of fantasy mmo's? Perhaps wow is generic and boring to him now after 8 years of non stop playing it?

Deleted
    Or perhaps... both of them, Starcraft and Diablo. :O

http://boards.420chan.org/sagan/src/1351266097766.gif

Please don't post memes.

/___\
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-01-04 at 10:46 PM.

Wasn't it said that Titan will be a shooter? That would seem to fit Starcraft, at least more than Diablo.

Also, do we know it is going to be a MMO? What about them finally finishing, or building off of Starcraft: Ghost?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    The theme of diablo has already been done a gazillion times. It's highly unlikely Blizzard will make another MMO in that scenery.
    What would the purpose of the game be? We banished all the evils into the black soulstone and then we banished them again.
    There is only one Prime evil and that was Diablo,Mephisto and Baal and the lesser evils combined, and they are all gone now.
    If we are not going to banish Diablo again, then, well it won't be a Diablo game

And which factions could we have? There are only Angels,Demons and Nephalem! And Angels does not interfere with the fates of mortals.
    I just think that Starcraft has a lot more potential to become an MMO as the prework is already done and there are a lot more openings for new expansions and lore.
    You might as well argue that there will never be another Diablo game. Regarding factions, it doesn't have to have factions. And that way you don't divide the playerbase like in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    How do you know whether or not he cant simply get tired of fantasy mmo's? Perhaps wow is generic and boring to him now after 8 years of non stop playing it?
    WoW is not the only fantasy MMO though..

On a personal note, the reason why I don't like sci fi is that it's usually ridiculous. In fantasy themes, they can always say magic or some deity did it but most of the popular sci fi is just .. yea. And if Blizzard makes a Sci-Fi mmo, I'd eat a spoiled tuna if it didn't include aliens with human body and a lobster for a head..

15+ Year Old Account
    Not saying it means anything, but I found this quite funny in today's context. (jump to 1:04)

titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Sign me up to the "I'd rather it was Starcraft" side.

It's not going to be a Daiblo MMO. Diablo 3 was going to be a MMO and Blizzard said no. Why would they scrap Diablo 3 MMO from the team that made D2, only to build a new team and spend 4+ years now on a Diablo MMO.

If anything it's going to be WoW 2. Where we either go back as titans or fast forward as titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    I just hope it will be good... If they can combine all the good things about new-gen MMO's, not necesarily the same (Storytelling from swtor, combat and graphical quality of tera, aesthetical quality (not necesarily style) and willingness to reform the questing system like GW2), it should be good. (No I'm not saying they should reform each part of the game to make it the same as the others that reformed it, but at least not have it be the way that it currently is.)

IP doesn't really matter all that much, but I guess it will have a bigger chance of success if they follow up on an existing IP, as there's already so much lore on their current 3 games, that they would have to really go all out to make the new IP an actual improvement compared to the existing ones.

Just still wondering about the "it's going to be a casual MMO" thing that was said somewhere... If that means more casual than WoW... That's gotta be pretty darn casual considering the fact that WoW caters to so much different types of players, including the more casual players.
    It won't be completely casual, no way. Not with Furor and Tigole holding the reigns. Its not in their blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimuze View Post
    Also, do we know it is going to be a MMO? What about them finally finishing, or building off of Starcraft: Ghost?
    They confirmed it's an MMORPG

I can't see it being a Starcraft or Diablo MMO being worked on at the same time as them releasing D3 (+expansions) and Starcraft 2 expansions. Maybe it's just me.

The rumor years ago when Titan was first being leaked is that it was going to be a Halo MMO. Then they said it would be a "NEW IP!" so that was shut down. If it's back to being an existing IP, the rumor was they acquired rights of some kind for making a Halo game - I don't remember exactly, it's been a while, I'm sure somebody else can find it again if motivated - but I'd still expect it to be a Halo MMO. It's supposed to be a first person shooter MMO... I don't know if Diablo really qualifies. I don't feel like WoW does either.

Also, D3 has been a complete mess, and PvP still isn't out - and probably won't be for a "very long time." Despite the fact that it's been pointed out D3 had "Amazing sales!" I think it's widely agreed the game itself was a pretty big failure and disappointment.

Deleted
    "At Blizzard's annual fan convention BlizzCon this past weekend, chief operating officer Paul Sams said that although there has been some initial concern in the company about cannibalizing their WoW subscribers, they think they'll get over it quickly.

"I think the (new MMO) is going to be significantly differentiated enough," Sams said. "Such that, you're not going to feel like they're one and the same resulting in that you have to pick or choose," he said."

With other words, it's not going to be competing with World of Warcraft or any other franchise in that genre.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

This is taken from the Blizzard site itself: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=10000B3
    They are looking for a Franchise development producer and the bolded, quoted text below is one of the points in the job description.

"Work with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience."

This means there will be adds/commercials and other garbage inside the game. So unless we're going to have a Coca-Cola billboard in middle of Tristram... It's going to be a futuristic or at least present day MMO. Which leaves us with Starcraft!
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-01-04 at 10:45 PM.

I remember reading that now that you posted it again Jeavline, thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I can't see it being a Starcraft or Diablo MMO being worked on at the same time as them releasing D3 (+expansions) and Starcraft 2 expansions. Maybe it's just me.

The rumor years ago when Titan was first being leaked is that it was going to be a Halo MMO. Then they said it would be a "NEW IP!" so that was shut down. If it's back to being an existing IP, the rumor was they acquired rights of some kind for making a Halo game - I don't remember exactly, it's been a while, I'm sure somebody else can find it again if motivated - but I'd still expect it to be a Halo MMO. It's supposed to be a first person shooter MMO... I don't know if Diablo really qualifies. I don't feel like WoW does either.

Also, D3 has been a complete mess, and PvP still isn't out - and probably won't be for a "very long time." Despite the fact that it's been pointed out D3 had "Amazing sales!" I think it's widely agreed the game itself was a pretty big failure and disappointment.
    They worked on WoW and WC3 at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimuze View Post
    I remember reading that now that you posted it again Jeavline, thank you!
    NP! Facts are better than theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    This means there will be adds/commercials and other garbage inside the game. So unless we're going to have a Coca-Cola billboard in middle of Tristram... It's going to be a futuristic or at least present day MMO. Which leaves us with Starcraft!
    Or maybe BlackThorne! This is definitely my main guess, presuming this rumor / leak is true.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.