Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    A diabloMMO set a few hundreds years in the future of Diablo 3?
    You could still use the lore but it would give them more room to grow and would also stop it being too similar if they made it more steampunky which I think would work well in a more mature and darker enviroment that WoW can't really offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    Zerg wouldn't have to be a faction. Zerg could be an overwhelming threat with protoss and humans playable.
    You mean they would be like the Scourge of Warcraft? They were playable in the RTS, but became the main (or atleast a major) enemy in WoW. I guess that could actually work out, now we would just need to find reasons for the Terran and Protoss to fight each other.

But I still say we need to have atleast 1 more major Starcraft title before going MMO, just to build and prepare things up :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Do you have a source on this? The only thing I ever saw was something along the lines of "probably an MMO". And you know, MMORPGs aren't the only MMOs out there.
    http://titanfocus.info/_/news/forget...tan-mmorpg-r49
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

I really hope it's a fantasy MMO, but I hope they don't go overboard with giant blue mushrooms or something like in GW2. I want it to be a serious, real world like how Skyrim is portrayed, that would be fantastic. Just put some Blizzard flavor into it, a blend of 80% realism and 20% Blizzard would be great.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really inclined to trust a random guy on a forum just because he was fairly close when picking a release date for another game.

Eh...I don't think so somehow. I'm sure he's partially correct about a few things, but overall, no, this is not what Titan is. Plus, if it's going to be on the Xbox, then it's going to be a FPS 100% guaranteed, if it's not, then not a single fuck will be given from Xbox users and Blizzard wouldn't have bothered. What we're talking about here is WoW 2.0 with shiny graphics and a Diablo theme. That's lame as fuck, but really, it's not going to happen, because it doesn't make any sense. Blizzard wants money. Money is good for Blizzard. To make money, that is the complete wrong direction. Moreover, Blizzard isn't allowed to tell anyone about it, they aren't going to tell some random guy anything about it, that would be called someone losing their job.

I'll personally be very disappointed if this ends up indeed being true, Diablo indeed could make a good franchise for an MMO but I really, really want something different, and to me something like the basics of Borderlands converted into an MMO with some improvements is what would make me very happy...espcially one with a different take on questing and more encouragement for exploring the world at your own pace, for example. I don't know about anyone else but if we are going to get a new MMO, I want something different. I don't mind some fantasy elements but 99% of MMOs are pure fantasy and I'm kinda not giving a shit about them anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'm not really inclined to trust a random guy on a forum just because he was fairly close when picking a release date for another game.
    Exactly! Nothing he says is of any real worth. He's just theorycrafting like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But Diablo is also a game that translates very well into an MMO.
    An MMO that'd directly compete with WoW. Not going to happen. Whatever it's going to be, new Ip or not, it will not step onto WoW's toes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is, quite frankly, a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    An MMO that'd directly compete with WoW. Not going to happen. Whatever it's going to be, new Ip or not, it will not step onto WoW's toes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is, quite frankly, a fool.
    It will. And they already set in the quotes in this thread that it didn't take them long to get over it. WoW is fast becoming a relic. It's not timeless and they are realizing it. Don't be a fool yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    "Its going to be what Blizzard fans want." translated into English= "It's going to be a StarCraft MMO."
    I would rather have warcraft 4, but i've heard that it is going to be another mmo so i'm just gonna go and sob in my corner :'c

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Diablo like does not mean diablo and exactly what does diablo like mean? Does it mean a top down game? Does it mean a fantasy game? If he means a fantasy game he might aswell say a WoW like MMO.
    As I've understood it he didn't mean Diablo-like, he meant "World of Diablo"-like. Meaning something like World of Warcraft, but with Diablo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    I would be careful about making such bold claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Would be funny if we'll eventually receive.... World of Warcraft 2 XD
    I would fully support this,dont like starcraft/diablo at all. Guild wars did it tho.

Here's what I would do if I was Blizzard:

- Let WoW slowly die out, but prep it for a future WoW 2 release, so leave it on good terms (Not forcefully, just keep pushing out decent expansions, the numbers will slowly dwindle and most will move on to Titan)
    - Put out an expansion for Diablo 3 and fix as many things as possible, and give the fanbase some joy, after that I'd put it on the shelf for use at a much later time
    - Push out HotS and LotV expacs for Starcraft 2 and focus on making the E-sport grow
    - After that, develop an FPS for both consoles and PC based on Starcraft
    - Put the RTS team on Warcraft 4 and its expansions
    - Push Titan as Blizzard's flagship game for the next while

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not such a bold claim considering it comes from Blizzard. They've said on at least a couple occasions that they don't want the new MMO to directly compete with WoW. As such, it's very unlikely to have a medieval fantasy setting.

Blizzard has said it's a new IP. They've even gone as far to hint at what kind of setting it will have (IE futuristic/historic/mythological/etc., all at the same time).

if its based AFTER d3 that could work out pretty good, but it will need a lot of work to be different from being just a Diablo-ish WoW

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    but it will need a lot of work to be different from being just a Diablo-ish WoW
    How about making it so you have to aim?

That would be a good start.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    I would rather have warcraft 4, but i've heard that it is going to be another mmo so i'm just gonna go and sob in my corner :'c
    I fear that we might never see a Warcraft RTS again

I like MMO's, but its a pity that its going to mean less RTS games for me. I guess Blizzard ust didn't want to compete with themselves anymore with Warcraft and Starcraft, that must've been one of the reasons to convert atleast one of them into a MMORPG. I always prefered the Warcraft RTS to Starcraft

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post

Blizzcon is going to be interesting.
    Why people keep telling this? Ofc Blizzcon is great but I dont think we will se ANY info about Titan. Its just too early.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2013-01-04 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So I can play a blizzard MMO on my xbox 360 while waiting in an hour long que for Terrace of Endless Springs LFR?

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:19 PM ----------

My problem with the xbox 360 bit is that game companies are already getting leery about producing xbox 360 games when the next gen box is supposed to be out later this year.
    No not on xBox360... the nextgen xBox... also it'll be Starcraft MMO ! think of Starcraft Ghost !... something in that style but MMO !!

Just thinking about a starcraft MMO gives me a raging ... well you know ... all that sci-fi goodness... although... a dark and gritty 18+(or at least 16+) diablo mmo has the same effect xD
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-01-04 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's not such a bold claim considering it comes from Blizzard. They've said on at least a couple occasions that they don't want the new MMO to directly compete with WoW. As such, it's very unlikely to have a medieval fantasy setting.
    But Diablo is very different from WoW. And you don't know what kind of combat system it could have etc. The game could be very different from WoW in a lot of aspects. Just knowing that it both involves swords and magic isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Blizzard has said it's a new IP. They've even gone as far to hint at what kind of setting it will have (IE futuristic/historic/mythological/etc., all at the same time).
    Yes Blizzard has said it's a new IP. And then there is this guy who claims that that is not entirely true. Futuristic doesn't sound like Diablo, though, but I would like a source on that.