Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    To be honest, in my head I confused FPS with RTS, which is weird because I'm thinking "MMORTS, how would that even work?". Now that I realize FPS means first person shooter, I'm thinking can't it be an RPG and an FPS at the same time anyway?
    A good example of an MMOF/TPS is defiance and firefall. (also, gw2, tera, and vindictus all involve aiming. EOS will probably as well)
    A good example of an MMORTS would be something like End of Nations.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Like many others have said Id also prefer world of starcraft, imagine what they could do with that... epic spaceship battles. a whole galaxy to explore omg epic
    That might be a little to close to a SC spin of SWTOR something I imagine they would want to stay away from, even if they thought they could improve it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Diablo is too close to Warcraft (fantasy). So I guess it's a F2P Starcraft MMO. That way they have a very stable fanbase in Korea and Starcraft is also getting two addons so the Starcraft hype will help to sell it a few months later. With a Starcraft MMO they cover all the Sci-Fi fans that never liked the Warcraft Fantasy Setting.

Last edited by Kryos; 2013-01-05 at 02:51 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Like many others have said Id also prefer world of starcraft, imagine what they could do with that... epic spaceship battles. a whole galaxy to explore omg epic
    Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Diablocraft? Would it not be just World of Diablo? Why do we need to add craft on the end?

That's like people who add "Gate" to stuff to make it like Watergate. "Ohh this is Mad Cowgate!" The hotel isn't called the Water hotel! Gah!

Rage!!

Also, nah. I can't wait till we get our first look but I doubt it has anything to do with Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He said epic space battles.

Galaga gave you more control over your ship than swtor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    if developed by capable developers (blizzard) wh ynot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortai2 View Post
    Diablocraft? Would it not be just World of Diablo? Why do we need to add craft on the end?

That's like people who add "Gate" to stuff to make it like Watergate. "Ohh this is Mad Cowgate!" The hotel isn't called the Water hotel! Gah!

Rage!!

Also, nah. I can't wait till we get our first look but I doubt it has anything to do with Diablo.
    'cause it's funny.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 04:15 PM ----------

WoW playing Blackthorne now for a while, really have to say, screw SC and Diablo, I want a Blackthorne MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan will be an MMORPG. not an MMOFPS.
    I remember a year or so ago there was some info posted by Boub that led us to believe this would be an MMOFPS, even including something along the lines of "The FPS aspect is likely here to stay.".

Now, I know even what he came up with was all rumors and nothing concrete, but what information has come out since then (even if it's rumors) that leads us to believe the FPS aspect is now gone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I remember a year or so ago there was some info posted by Boub that led us to believe this would be an MMOFPS, even including something along the lines of "The FPS aspect is likely here to stay.".

Now, I know even what he came up with was all rumors and nothing concrete, but what information has come out since then (even if it's rumors) that leads us to believe the FPS aspect is now gone?
    When I wrote this I based this on the fact that Blizzard called Titan their new MMORPG, and I'm not really sure what the difference between an MMORPG and an MMOFPS would be, because even if it's a shooter it can still be an RPG, right? I mean you're playing a character. So what would you call this MMORPG then? MMORPGFPS? Also I mixed up FPS with RTS in my head, so at this point I have nothing against the idea that the MMO is a shooter. If it's Blackthorne it would even make a lot of sense.

Diablo mmo, hmmmmm interesting I could go for that.

Honestly though, starcraft makes more sense to me.
    Last edited by Shennanigans; 2013-01-05 at 04:14 PM.

I have nothing against the idea that the MMO is a shooter. If it's Blackthorne it would even make a lot of sense.
    Agreed.

It would be something blizzard makes that I would actually buy.

It would probably play a lot like mass effect 3 multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Diablo is too close to Warcraft (fantasy). So I guess it's a F2P Starcraft MMO. That way they have a very stable fanbase in Korea and Starcraft is also getting two addons so the Starcraft hype will help to sell it a few months later. With a Starcraft MMO they cover all the Sci-Fi fans that never liked the Warcraft Fantasy Setting.

I don't think Diablo is really that close to Warcraft. Warcraft is more like Tolkien, with orcs and elves and dragons. Diablo is more about demons and angels and hell. It's certainly closer to Warcraft than Starcraft, but still distinctive enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I would support this..
    Diablo is a fun franchise, D2:LoD is one of my favourite games EVER..

the problem I see though, would World of Diablo be THAT different to World of Warcraft? Sure on a lore basis they're far apart, but in pure mechanics it seems to me they'd be far to similar...

World of STARcraft however
    What if the combat is action rpg hack and slash meets mmo. basic slashing dodging blocking and then specials with cds. kinda like tera or gw2.

Deleted
    going to state the obvious without reading the whole thread Starcraft space mmo kinda thing. I'm sure Titan is a spaceship

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    "Its going to be what Blizzard fans want." translated into English= "It's going to be a StarCraft MMO."
    It's weird all that Diablo references, because Starcraft MMO seem like the logic decision, from lore content, then to concept arts that fit nowhere (cyberpunk), then to actual desire from the community, and capability to sell, and finally available niche to be installed.

Besides, it's well established that it's a SPIN OFF. It's about some elements that are isolated from the series, and developed diverging from the usual way. Diablo is the LEAST prone to that, because everything is limited to Sanctuary and its 2 planes.
    WoW and SC have lots of explorers lost away from home, and they could even make a spin-off using people from BOTH IPs mixing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything but a starcraft related game!! didnt like the previous games so it would be a major disappointment for me... (personal view obvs...)

I don't think Diablo is really that close to Warcraft. Warcraft is more like Tolkien, with orcs and elves and dragons. Diablo is more about demons and angels and hell. It's certainly closer to Warcraft than Starcraft, but still distinctive enough.
    You have mage, hunters and warriors - it's the same. If WoW had an darker Burning Crusade it would have been like Diablo with demons from hell. I think Diablo is really not different enough to be another MMO beside WoW.

Let's just hope World of Starcraft will not be a flop like Tabula Rasa. It's a shame TR is so unknown. It came too early, too much WoW hype stealing the focus.

Last edited by Kryos; 2013-01-06 at 12:57 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This aiming = next gen thing is bizarre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arkadeus View Post
    Anything but a starcraft related game!! didnt like the previous games so it would be a major disappointment for me... (personal view obvs...)
    When you say you dont like starcraft I asume you mean the gameplay. If we ever got a starcraft MMO I very much doubt it would be a RTS so being starcraft related is not bad.