Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok after reading this thread the idea of Titan being a "World of Blizzard" MMO that combines all three franchises isn't entirely impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I would certainly welcome a Starcraft MMO. If they went with Diablo I just can't see how another fantasy mmo could hold water with the market saturation the way it is right now.

There is a small area of my mind where speculation is king donning tinfoil hats is a regular pastime that believes Titan is Firefall.
    -Red5 Studios seems to have a nearly absurd amount of working capital for a small, newly formed studio.
    -The only game they are making is a futuristic MMOFPS.
    -The head of Red5 Studios is Mark Kern.
    -Many of their employees are former Blizzard/WoW employees.
    -Red5 studios is just down the street a few miles from Blizzard.
    ...absurd, I know.
    It seems kinda off but you never know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.
    World of Stacraft-craft sounds better IMO :P

How would the mechanics work out though? I mean Terrans would basically all be ranged if we take the Starcraft 2 units in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The funny thing is I don't know right now what's the shit and what's the masterpiece in your eyes. ;D
    But no matter how little you like Warcraft, it's tolkien-like fantasy, with orcs and elves and dwarves.
    He is obviously talking about Tolkien's being the masterpiece. He is either a fanboy or he hates Warcraft to the core.
    I like both and both make send chill down my spines sometimes. Too bad no one is continuing Tolkien's legacy :/

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I didn't buy SC2 (got it handed down from a friend who was unimpressed)
    I got a refund from D3 because it was terrible.
    I haven't played wow for over 2 years.

I haven't given blizzard a dollar in over 2 years. I am not going to start again until its something worth my time/money
    OK you don't have to shove it down our throats for crying out loud.

Titan also means moon & to stretch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.
    I would too. I love the StarCraft series.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    Should be a good year for Blizzcon.
    In the article, they say we won't hear anything from Titan until at least 2014.

OT : I'm not too excited about another Blizzard mmorpg, or any game they'd release at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Projectblackstone.com makes more since now.
    Thats just the diablo expansion, there isnt any hidden meaning there..A few months after D3 releases, "project blackstone" magically gets registered, black soulstone, diablo fell back to earth, Aria or what was her name finds it, bla bla, act 5, big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't opened a portal in WoW to explore the worlds of Diablo or Starcraft. True either could be an MMO in their own right but just think... Diablo expansion would be a very dark and gritty world that has been over run by demons... it could introduce a taint system for your character which visually changes the look of your spells or casting animations... Starcraft expansion includes a rise in the former insectoid kingdoms in which they open a portal to the Zerg we follow and encounter a new race of psionically gifted warriors (new race/class combinations). Blizzard make it happen!
    No offense, but it would be terrible story if they did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Everybody in the SC2 community at the time put on their tinfoil hats and starting saying world of starcraft is next. I don't know if you played SC2 at the time, but it was a pretty big deal.
    I own SC2 but don't play a lot, but anyone who put on a tinfoil hat was stupid. I followed it from outside and it was painfully obvious that it was nothing more than overzealous lawyers making sure to remind Blizzard why they pay them, and not an actual move by Blizzard to shut it down (especially seeing as they flew him out to their HQ later and gave him a tour/talked to him).

Seriously, there was no indication that the Cease and Desist order came for any other reason than they thought their IP was being infringed upon. Once that was clarified, it was back to business as usual.

An interesting side effect from that cease and desist order was that the guy who made the mod got some job offers from places like Riot. I think even Blizzard offered to show him around their studio.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Thats just the diablo expansion, there isnt any hidden meaning there..A few months after D3 releases, "project blackstone" magically gets registered, black soulstone, diablo fell back to earth, Aria or what was her name finds it, bla bla, act 5, big deal.
    Yeah see that's the thing, in Diablo that thing is called "the black soulstone" and not "the blackstone". Blackstone does sound a bit like Blackthorne, though, or the Lightstone that seems to play a role in that game.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-01-07 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheronShadowstorm View Post
    Clearly when the SC2 Campaign is finished, everyone will be at peace and terran, protoss, and zerg will be happily holding hands err claw err appendages together and singing around the campfire. The next step would then be create a next gen multi-world MMO with a united front against the Xel'naga.

I can just imagine Trade Chat being spammed for LFG

[/2:Trade:Core Worlds]GuudTankzz: "Ultralisk tank LFG for Heroics"
    [/2:Trade:Core Worlds]ISpitonU: "pffft, bet you can't avoid cleaving the CC"
    [/2:Trade:Core Worlds]GuudTankzz: "So says the Hydratard that can't do more than auto-attack, go delete your character and go back to wow. At least a huntards pet was useful"

*ponders*
    Would a stimpack spammin marine be the equivilant to a hellfire spamming lock?

For some reason your post sent shivers of excitement up my spine! Starcraft MMO or shoo Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    World of Stacraft-craft sounds better IMO :P

How would the mechanics work out though? I mean Terrans would basically all be ranged if we take the Starcraft 2 units in perspective.
    If all else fails we have firebats from SC1.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I still think, what i always thought it will be.

Starcraft GHOST.

Starcraft spinoff mmofps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
    It will be "World of Lost Vikings" definitely.

A 3 players next-gen MMORPG (Minimally multiplayer Online Role Platform Game).

I'm gonna play Olaf.
    Beat me to it.

Deleted
    if the so-called "new IP" is in fact a spinoff of an already existing IP i'd call dibs on Blackthorne ... it got a real world setting for the ads which were mentioned before and it has an "alien" thread ^^

i think that would be cool ...

also that it might be Blackthorne has already be stated ... i simply wanted to say that i hope for it as well

or Lost Vikings ... darn that would be great ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-...more-rumor-r60

The guy, who a year before anyone ever heard the name Titan was already speaking of a Project Titan being developed by Blizzard, and who claims to have contact to someone at Blizzard, says that Blizzard wasn't 100% honest about whether Titan is going to be a new IP. He says it's going to be a spin-off of an existing franchise. He hints that it might be Diablo-related. You can read his original posts in the article.

edit: 2 things are frequently said by several posters.

1. Blizzard said it's an original IP
    Yes, they did, but this topic is about how someone with an inside source claims, that this is not entirely true. If there wasn't at least something like this as a basis I wouldn't have made this thread. So please read the linked article.

2. Where have they said it's an MMORPG?

Here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-be-an-MMORPG?
    No way would they make a Diablo MMO, if anything they would find a way to build a portal from WOW to Diablo. Any New MMO will not be set in a Sword and Sorcery Fantasy World. However, this leaves several options, Starcraft is SciFi, Blackthorne was SciFi Modern. My two best guesses right now.

Also the rumor I heard from someone who is working for _____ and gets drunk at BBQs was it was a SciFi FPS Action MMO. Granted he said if he said anymore he would have to kill me in the best Bond accent possible.

Granted this was 4 years ago and things might have changed since then, I haven't seen him in years.

the OPs link is from someone who is KNOWN to steal info from daeity.blogspot.com when it was rolling. there is one other guy who would take daeity's info and try to use it as his own too.

daeity hasn't said a word about this. it's 100% not going to happen. there were HUNDREDS of pics and art of titan from nearly 2 years ago. they haven't revamped the game in the past 2 years.

we KNOW what titan was and is. some people missed all that info or refuse to believe it. we know how they're going to generate revenue, what genre it will fit into and even what the game world is going to look like

only daeity has received cease and desists and only daeity has had his personal info assaulted. he's the ONLY person blizz has spent any time targeting.

there is a real obvious reason for that.