Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    What does IP mean in this use? I've never understood the abbrevation.
    Intellectual Property
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    What does IP mean in this use? I've never understood the abbrevation.
    Intellectual property, I think.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    world of diablo would be fun i cannot lie
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    world of diablo would be fun i cannot lie
    you other brothers can't deny

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    mind=blown

10+ Year Old Account
    i felt with the direction they went with diablo 3 they wanted to make a diablo mmo, with diablo 3 they added mmo like aspects and a lot of people complained about not enough of them. i would love a diablo mmo personally

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh Diablo MMO would be boring.

Demon hordes attacking the good guys. Waay to similar to WoWs Burning legion setting.
    Starcraft MMO could be cool, though I'm not sure that they have enough lore to support that.

Have enough lore to support? There is no arbitrary "amount" of lore a game needs to have to be "supported." Besides, they have plenty of backstory to make an MMO of either SC or Diablo, a foundation in which to expand upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Have enough lore to support? There is no arbitrary "amount" of lore a game needs to have to be "supported." Besides, they have plenty of backstory to make an MMO of either SC or Diablo, a foundation in which to expand upon.
    Yeah, it's not like they can't just...you know...make shit up. Considering that's what lore is anyways. Shit someone made up. It's very detailed shit someone made up, detailed shit they make painstaking efforts to ensure remains consistent, but still shit someone made up nonetheless : ) (I have such a high opinion of lore/story in MMO's)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Meh Diablo MMO would be boring.

Demon hordes attacking the good guys. Waay to similar to WoWs Burning legion setting.
    Starcraft MMO could be cool, though I'm not sure that they have enough lore to support that.
    Diablo's demon theme is totally different from WoWs Burning Legion.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 02:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah, it's not like they can't just...you know...make shit up. Considering that's what lore is anyways. Shit someone made up. It's very detailed shit someone made up, detailed shit they make painstaking efforts to ensure remains consistent, but still shit someone made up nonetheless : ) (I have such a high opinion of lore/story in MMO's)
    And what's so "shit" about it?

There's a bit of duality in your statement, like sarcastic tone yet making my point quite plainly. They can make it up. Because... that's how stories are made. I have no idea how you got the impression I was downplaying the difficulty of writing or a story's significance in a game. Maybe I misunderstand you, but if not it was a pretty simple statement. I myself prefer to enjoy a story of a game I'm playing, and none of the MMO's I've played, quit, and never gone back to had bad story, nor did most of them even have "lore" to begin with other than the story that was born with the game. Story is important, but thinking its preexistence before a game is even made as important or mandatory?

Deleted
    Perhaps it's not a franchise directly owned by Blizzard, but by Activision?

Think about it. When they said a new IP, they may have meant an IP that has not before been associated with Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-01-09 at 04:49 AM.

well diablo 3's too close and they have the RMAH and at least two expansions and a console edition in the works so i couldnt see them working on a third fantasy game when diablo and wow has both the single player and multiplayer pretty much covered. Plus a spin off could allow for the profitable E sports world of SC2 to continue unaffected and god knows theres plenty of blizzard fans who have been clamouring for a world of starcraft since vanilla wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    The burden of proof is kinda on the guy making the claim.

I knew it was called Titan before Blizz officially announced it too, but that doesn't make me a credible source. Because I'm not, I just found out that tidbit (plus a bit more) long ago and have no further information beyond it.
    My long term Hetero Life partner (he's straight I'm not but we've been roommates for 7+ years) works as a game developer, and the long standing rumor since 2006 was the next Blizzard MMO is going to be a Sci-Fi Shooter. Many knew the name Titan at that time because Titan is the Project name and the only part of the project not covered by NDA. Many in 2006 guessed the Sci-Fi shooter was going to be based on StarCraft, but with the recent release and updates they may hold off on a StarCraft MMO, However using the slightly more fantasy related Blackthorne would be a nice way of getting a shooter with some SciFi and Fantasy elements, BlackThorne can even fit in the Diablo universe with out much problems. Since it is about the war between the Light Stone and the Darkstone Forces. It had Orcs, Devils and Angels all in a world which was a dimension jump away from a near Future Earth.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:38 PM ----------

How? Should he name the guy he's getting his information from? I'm not saying what he's claiming must be true. I wouldn't bet my money on it. But he still has more credibility than the average Joe.

And how did you find it out? Because people like him get the information and spread it.[COLOR="red"]
    Most of the rumors are coming from people working for Activision-Blizzard, They are telling friends just so much as to not get in trouble with the NDAs. ie Sorry I can't tell you but if we drink a bunch I might let something slip because I'm a drunk type of friend who is working on project Titan.

This is why none of the rumors are confirmable, and none of them are all that clear. Blizzard has Admitted they are working on a Next Generation MMO which will not directly compete with WOW, it is not based on any current IP from Blizzard. However we also know that many of the people working on this project came from Bungie, and it includes many of the leads who worked on Halo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Just as likely it'll be Starcraft Ghost (Which was put on hold indefinitely 6 years ago due to lack of tech's etc for development), which the guy also opened up for as potential in his "prediction", it won't be World of Diablocraft.., I'll make that prediction, and you can screenshot that!

He's been right on a couple of occasions, amongst others also the MoP launch date far before any news was released about it (or the "leaked" release slate), in either case I do agree with your statement.., however, you can't deny that you have to give credit on this more then the "Average Joe" due to past "predictions".
    Umm SC Ghost was finished, Blizzard Shelved it because they didn't like the distribution options they had at the time, and they felt it needed better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post

Umm SC Ghost was finished, Blizzard Shelved it because they didn't like the distribution options they had at the time, and they felt it needed better quality.
    It was shelved because the release was planned on PS2 and the next Generation consoles were practically out by when it's developement was going on. The same reason they didn't release Lord of the Clans game which was pretty much finished (and has a playthrough video in Youtube) but not released due to the type of gaming "dying" off before it's time.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-01-09 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play World of Starcraft. I would not play World of "Diablocraft". Just so sick of the fantasy swords and magic shit.

i don't see them cutting their own arms off with a diablo mmo, it sounds like a good idea but why would they do this if it would basically make everyone that plays d3 switch to the mmo.

also the dedicated fans that like d3 would be the only ones to bother with its expansions.

it all seems a little arse backward to me. also someone said that titan was hinted at being a FPS. its also probably bull, but even that seems more likely to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather a Starcraft MMO. Fuck Diablo.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    10 char

respekt
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Most of the rumors are coming from people working for Activision-Blizzard, They are telling friends just so much as to not get in trouble with the NDAs. ie Sorry I can't tell you but if we drink a bunch I might let something slip because I'm a drunk type of friend who is working on project Titan.

This is why none of the rumors are confirmable, and none of them are all that clear. Blizzard has Admitted they are working on a Next Generation MMO which will not directly compete with WOW, it is not based on any current IP from Blizzard. However we also know that many of the people working on this project came from Bungie, and it includes many of the leads who worked on Halo.[COLOR="red"]
    Like it was pointed out in this thread, apparently only Zarhym said once that it's a new IP. And I'm asking myself, how much did he know about that project when he made that comment anyway. Maybe if it was one of the older, less popular, games of Blizzard, like Blackthorne, then maybe Zarhym didn't even know it and assumed it was a new IP, because it wasn't one of the 3 big franchises people knew.