Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Diablo 40k. And I am not joking. It is a new IP but it Is not. It is not Warcraft, I has something from couple IPs (starcraft and diablo). It is a spinoff. Not fantasy (so no competition with WoW). You've saw it first!

And it have to Sandbox. If you want do something new it cannot be a themepark. It is so sad that every mmo on eu-us market is a themepark. SWTOR failed so hard because SW fans wanted to LIVE in that world not just make some questes. I love WoW but why should i switch for a game with more raids, dungeons, quests, dailies? I miss a good sandbox so much. Everything on the market is either low budget (poor graphics, lots of bugs, not enough ppl) or old (UO). Eve is nice but i want to play my Avatar not his starship. Archage looks promising but who knows... Blizzard has made a great themepark. Now they can make even better sandbox and rule them all (mmo market). PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Last edited by mmoce9a343f736; 2013-01-09 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    It's a Facebook game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Like it was pointed out in this thread, apparently only Zarhym said once that it's a new IP. And I'm asking myself, how much did he know about that project when he made that comment anyway. Maybe if it was one of the older, less popular, games of Blizzard, like Blackthorne, then maybe Zarhym didn't even know it and assumed it was a new IP, because it wasn't one of the 3 big franchises people knew.
    During BlizzCon 2011 Rob Padro was very much into the whole "Titan is a new IP" when asked about it.

Also Bobby Kotick, in 2010 Q2 Activision earning callings confirmed that Blizzard is working on brand new IP named Titan to the shareholders (And lying to them is pretty much illegal)

It's called "Project Titan". The Titans are extremely advanced lifeforms (as can be seen by all the futuristic tech in WoW). I'd like to think that translates into a futuristic MMO of some kid (as was previously hinted to).

Of course you always have Chris Metzen's quote from BlizzCast 12 saying "Will we see actual titans one day." Rather that's related to WoW or Project Titan I suppose we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    It's called "Project Titan". The Titans are extremely advanced lifeforms (as can be seen by all the futuristic tech in WoW). I'd like to think that translates into a futuristic MMO of some kid (as was previously hinted to).

Of course you always have Chris Metzen's quote from BlizzCast 12 saying "Will we see actual titans one day." Rather that's related to WoW or Project Titan I suppose we'll see...
    Pretty much every Blizzard project has had similiar codenames to their projects before announcement so that is not indicative of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by twopacuafina View Post
    Whatever the new game is, can we please do away with fetch quests? Almost an entire expansion of kill x loot y is physically painful. Thankfully Blood DK's can pull 30 things at once and aoe them all down at almost all levels of MoP questing.
    So what do you have in mind?

/wave at mobs? It´s not that we have so much alternatives. All we can do is click something, and then something happens.
    For me it doesnt change much if something dies on my click or i loot shit on my click or whatever i happens when i click.

there won't be a World of Starcraft for the simple fact that the format its in right now is too successful as an esports. they're not gonna take their best cookie out of the esports cookie jar.

if its loosely based on an existing IP, its definitely World of Diablo or even World of Sanctuary. the world of sanctuary has everything that azeroth had to fill all the expansions and raids and dungeons for the next 10 years or so, just like WoW. if you've played any of the diablo games and WoW, you'll notice that a lot of skills are borrowed from each other.

based on the yes/no to new ip go-around, i'd say it'd be an MMO set in sanctuary, but at a different time period than the current diablo games.

It's gonna be Activision strong arming Blizzard into making Skylanders MMO, lol!

I think a Diablo MMO would be awesome, but something new would be even better. As far as a Starcraft MMO, That would be disappointing to me because I don't really care for Sci-fi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    During BlizzCon 2011 Rob Padro was very much into the whole "Titan is a new IP" when asked about it.

Also Bobby Kotick, in 2010 Q2 Activision earning callings confirmed that Blizzard is working on brand new IP named Titan to the shareholders (And lying to them is pretty much illegal)
    Ok then that wasn't correct. Then I think it's still at least possible, that they're either intentionally not telling the truth to mislead us, or because that it's really only somewhat of a new IP, because it's one of the less popular franchises. Before someone accuses me of desperately trying to look for scenarios where this guy's information can still be true, of course it's also possible it's completely made up. Who knows.

They did say it would be kind of like a First Person Shooter MMO, I'm thinking Starcraft would be ideal for this type of thing.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Ok then that wasn't correct. Then I think it's still at least possible, that they're either intentionally not telling the truth to mislead us, or because that it's really only somewhat of a new IP, because it's one of the less popular franchises. Before someone accuses me of desperately trying to look for scenarios where this guy's information can still be true, of course it's also possible it's completely made up. Who knows.
    I think with such little information we have to sort of go with Ocum's Razor. Blizard has said it will be a new IP...so the simplest solution is that it's probably a new IP.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.
    Because Starcraft isn't technically fantasy? Riiiight...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    They did say it would be kind of like a First Person Shooter MMO, I'm thinking Starcraft would be ideal for this type of thing.
    No, they did not say such. This is the closest detail we've had of the game:

Jeff Kaplan on interview...

I think any type of [intellectual property] can survive. I'm shocked we haven't seen more sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic, historical MMOs; there's all these completely different fantasy settings beyond the traditional high fantasy ones." So is Blizzard's new MMO going to be sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic or historical? "All of those combined!" he said, laughing.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...console-games/

So is Blizzard's new MMO going to be sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic or historical? "All of those combined!" he said, laughing.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if that was actually the case. Would also make the most sense from the ingame ads perspective. Also, it would fit with Blackthorne (? not sure). But they'd have to pull off the theme/setting/art really well in order to make it interesting to me. I'm usually not really interested in all that post-apocalyptic stuff (especially if it's set on Earth).

It would certainly be a nice addition to their other franchises.

, historical MMOs[/url]
    "yeah I play Grognards. I've got a level 50 Courtier. PVP sucks with the ancien regime faction though. The Jacobins ALWAYS dominate the BGs."

Um hell yeah I'm in!
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I think with such little information we have to sort of go with Ocum's Razor. Blizard has said it will be a new IP...so the simplest solution is that it's probably a new IP.
    If I was betting any money on it, sure, but since speculating doesn't hurt, I'm gonna take my chance and risk being wrong :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Actually Titan is not the Name it is the Code name for development. As for Brand New IP that just means it's not Diablo, StarCraft, or WarCraft. And that is all it legally means.

As for BlackThorne being possible, Just recently Blizzard got the Domain name for it. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Bli...ame,19481.html

After Diablo 3 I'm not playing anything diablo-like ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    After Diablo 3 I'm not playing anything diablo-like ever again.
    the small(er) part of diablo 3 is a great game that is a lot of fun to play, especially with a few friends in coop. the big(ger) part of diablo 3 is just ebay, and it bores me to hell. the package as a whole failed miserably, and the AH shit destroyed the merchandise. well done, greedy blizzard managers.

i'd still play diablo-esque hack'n'slay games, as long as they don't incorporate an AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading somewhere that it was a "casual" MMO.

If so, imagine if they gave us the option to be anything from any of their franchises?

I hope it's a huge sandbox with customizable player housing and a bunch of little mini-games, like a Rock N Roll Racing area.