Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Probably because we already have confirmed information that it's going to have current product advertising integrated into the game, which means that it can't be set in some non current, fantasy world. Unless you think they are just going to slap electronic billboards in the middle of a fantasy world, akin to having a McDonald's commercial play inside of the Stormwind Bank.
    It could be some mixture of cyberpunk and fantasy where real-world/future meets fantasy elements. The one thing we know is that we don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I am really tired of this.

It's misleading and it's also not what anyone at Blizzard said.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this.

Orly? They never said it was a new IP? Shall I link you one of the very first interviews with the Blizzard employees about Titan then? Cause I watched it 2 hours ago and he clearly said it was a new IP

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am really tired of this.

People need to stop using the term ''IP''. It's misleading and it's also not what anyone at Blizzard said.

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/top-5-...-far-r26#franc

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this.
    I'm confused that you posted that quote, and a link that conflicts your own post about it not being a new IP.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Well, a lot of the rumors just got answered, but not in a way that people might be happy with. The biggest rumors were that Bungie was in on it, because they signed a 10 year deal with Activision, and people know Bungie works on space fantasy games.

Well with this:

http://destiny.bungie.org/

That fills in a lot of those rumors, and it is not likely to be project Titan. But it is what Bungie signed a 10 yr contract to make, and it is a new IP space FPS.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    Orly? They never said it was a new IP? Shall I link you one of the very first interviews with the Blizzard employees about Titan then? Cause I watched it 2 hours ago and he clearly said it was a new IP
    Why would you even post this and not post the video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I'm confused that you posted that quote, and a link that conflicts your own post about it not being a new IP.
    People need to stop using the term ''IP''.
    the term ''IP''
    Now go and read what I quoted again and point out where he says the term "IP".

He doesn't. They don't.

The term intellectual property can mean several things. It can mean exactly what Zarhym said, brand new franchise with lore created from scratch. It could also mean separate entries in the same franchise that have different titles (ex: The Burning Crusade, Wrath of The Lich King, etc. are all legally separate IPs), but that isn't what Zarhym (or other blues) have said.

And people have been theorizing that Titan could be a new installment based on "the fact that Blizzard said it would be a new IP". But Blizzard didn't say that. Other people have simplified what they said by saying that.

Deleted
    WHy is this discussion still going on? Blizzard revealed true name of game that was known under cover name Titan. They even confirmed it. Yes its Hearthstone. Moderator please lock this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    WHy is this discussion still going on? Blizzard revealed true name of game that was known under cover name Titan. They even confirmed it. Yes its Hearthstone. Moderator please lock this thread.
    Titan and Hearthstone are two different things. And if you want to request a thread locked for one reason or another, report it, don't post in the thread.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-04-01 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Titan and Hearthstone are two different things. And if you want to request a thread locked for one reason or another, report it, don't post in the thread.
    Source for this information or I call it bullshit. Titan was cover name for Hearthstone.

Deleted
    Hearstone and Titan is two different games, this is a known fact by now. Mostly comes down to blizzard stating that it would be a new franchise and heartstone being based upon warcraft, the source for that you can find by just scrolling up on this very page.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-04-01 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Source for this information or I call it bullshit. Titan was cover name for Hearthstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Hearstone and Titan is two different games, this is a known fact by now.
    Oh come on guys. Today any kind of misinformation should be allowed and treated as a joke (if it's not offensive or racist etc.), grow some sense of humor already or just don't aggro on trolls.
    It may be not the best joke but atleast OldSnail wasn't rude.

Exclamation

..And we were meant to know this all along. It had been hinted at so transparently :

Jeff Kaplan, one of the most pronounced Game Designers in Activision Blizzard when asked whether Titan will be Sci-Fi, Near-Future, Post-Apocalyptic or Historical responded “All of these combined” with a smile.

Of course, Assassin's Creed, but also the God of War, Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Fate/Stay Night & even Lost Vikings franchises' success come to mind as obvious sources of inspirations for this theme.

:: SOURCES ::

~Titan targets a broader audience than WoW~

"Bobby Kotick sometime last year, admitted that Titan is being designed to target a somewhat broader audience. Whether that’s an age-wise broader audience, or an interest - wise broader audience (or a combination of the two), we don’t know. In my opinion both are welcome! Diversity never hurts! Younger gamers will want to focus on different aspects of the game while mature players might focus on more difficult scenarios, tackling harder situations that require a different approach. On the other hand we have players that prefer a more medieval setting, others that fancy powerful lasers, spaceships and aliens in a more futuristic setting and others that dig modern day warfare, with rifles, machine guns, tanks, the whole nine yards... How though, does one embed all these things in one game? That leads us to the next subject."

~The Time Travel Scenario~

"There’s only one way for a game to cover so many settings and that is indeed time travelling. Jeff Kaplan, one of the most pronounced Game Designers in Activision Blizzard when asked whether Titan will be sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic or historical responded “All of these combined” with a smile. Whether that’s true or false we cannot know for sure at this time, but it’s our best hint towards time travelling. It makes sense after all. It is indeed a great point of diversity within the game itself adding to the goal of a generally broader audience! Everyone grab a DeLorean!!!"

http://www.blizzardnewmmo.com/ ~> RIGHT THERE on the main page. Why? Simple, it's single-handedly the 2nd most valuable, precise, telling piece of information there is (right after "not an existing Blizzard IP/Franchise") we've had in the speculation toolbox to proceed with elimination of possibilities
    & narrow down predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Oh come on guys. Today any kind of misinformation should be allowed and treated as a joke (if it's not offensive or racist etc.), grow some sense of humor already or just don't aggro on trolls.

It may be not the best joke but atleast OldSnail wasn't rude.
    Agreed, sophisticated hoaxes & tin-foil absurd rumors are worth letting live in virtue of their satirical awesome ;p
    Last edited by Planetarism; 2013-05-09 at 12:13 AM.
    >>> And then.. <<<

Titanfocus has a bunch of supposed leaks- not confirmed, could even be a late April Fools joke, but worth posting in case it does turn out to be real (and it certainly seems believable after reading the above post about time travel). Supposedly it's a time travel-focused game set on Earth, with a lot of ancient mythology influences.

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/projec...3-and-more-r65

i wish daeity hadn't been raped by blizzard in court, he had a TON of titan info 2 years ago. we KNOW what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Titanfocus has a bunch of supposed leaks- not confirmed, could even be a late April Fools joke, but worth posting in case it does turn out to be real (and it certainly seems believable after reading the above post about time travel). Supposedly it's a time travel-focused game set on Earth, with a lot of ancient mythology influences.

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/projec...3-and-more-r65
    If there isn't a Carmen Sandiego inspired cosmetic outfit then I will riot.

RIOT, I SAY!

Possible info leaked,from NeoGAF, take it with a grain of salt
    Game Universe

It's based on Earth's history, but also includes a high amount of fiction. It will have a "deep history", just as Warcraft and Starcraft.

They're intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan's world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another.

There will be a lot of Time Travel.

When it comes to weapons, we'll have almost everything at our disposal, from magic to guns.

Heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths.

They've invited some established writers (Richard A. Knaak for example) to help with the storyline.

Gameplay

It's an MMORPG. We'll play from a 3rd person view, but there will also be a first person view during "events". No extra clarification as to the nature of these events could be given.

TAB targeting in combat.

It will benefit from a completely new game engine.

Graphics will be in the established "Blizzard style".

Primarily a PC game, but next-gen consoles are still being considered. Probably after launch, as with D3.

Expected 12+ PEGI.

It's designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport.

There will be "clan" housing. No details on player-housing.

Last but not least, the game will have an Auction House. Nothing conclusive about a Real-

Money Auction House but it is possible. As an extra tidbit, Blizzard was also considering introducing a RMAH into WoW at one point, but apparently not anymore.

Miscellaneous

150 developers working on it now. Last we've been told, in September last year, there were just a bit over 100, so the team is growing at a nice pace, quickly becoming the biggest one. They're about to bring new Community Managers into the team and some testers that will be needed in the near future. Many of the new team members have come from Blizzard's other projects.

Speaking of inside transfers, Jay Wilson is on the Titan team. Please don't go overboard with this. ^^

English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish localization now. More will come during beta.

They were considering implementing easy in-game recording at one point, unsure of the state of this at the moment.

BLIZZCON 2013 - Titan Teaser, details on expansions for all other major franchises (SC2, D3, WoW). There will be other small Titan teasers at the event but nothing major. They don't want to show any game-play until they have a solid date for beta.

Speaking of which, current plan is to open Family & Friends testing (Alpha stage basically) in Q1 2014.

The game has a name already that has been changed multiple times over the course of the development process. Unknown unfortunately.

They're going full-out when it comes to the soundtrack. Each zone will have its own song, and the songs will vary vastly in type, rhythm. We've reported before that Jason Hayes has returned to Blizzard, so this is definitely not surprising.

That's about it. There are no mind blowing statements here, but I think the chances are very high that for the first time since we found out about Project Titan, we have a solid starting platform on which we can base our expectations and speculation.

Maybe even more than usual, I'm extremely curious to hear what you think about this!
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533994

edit: damn you Eldryth
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2013-04-03 at 10:09 AM.

I think this is an intentional leak of half-truths. Blizzard needs to get some buzz building about this game, and a good way to do it is to stage some "leaks"

They know they need some kind of buzz heading into Blizzcon this fall. I wouldn't be surprised to see several more "leaks" with conflicting info regarding the bigger aspects of the game.

something futuristic would have been nice. oh and I'd prefer some 2 year old who still drools uncontrollably instead of jay wilson.
    maybe this is not worth waiting for after all.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dukem View Post
    something futuristic would have been nice. oh and I'd prefer some 2 year old who still drools uncontrollably instead of jay wilson.
    maybe this is not worth waiting for after all.
    Yes, because there is only two possibilities, wait for it and play when out. Or die. Since time seems stopping, unless you wait for it, i'm right?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by dukem View Post
    Something futuristic would have been nice. Oh and I'd prefer some 2 year old who still drools uncontrollably instead of jay wilson.

Maybe this is not worth waiting for after all.
    Hm ah, er, it appears, this '2 yr old who still drools uncontrollably' bit is spontaneous poetry of the sublime order, so I must steal.

Now.
    Last edited by Planetarism; 2013-05-09 at 12:11 AM.
    >>> And then.. <<<

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you even post this and not post the video?

Now go and read what I quoted again and point out where he says the term "IP".

He doesn't. They don't.

The term intellectual property can mean several things. It can mean exactly what Zarhym said, brand new franchise with lore created from scratch. It could also mean separate entries in the same franchise that have different titles (ex: The Burning Crusade, Wrath of The Lich King, etc. are all legally separate IPs), but that isn't what Zarhym (or other blues) have said.

And people have been theorizing that Titan could be a new installment based on "the fact that Blizzard said it would be a new IP". But Blizzard didn't say that. Other people have simplified what they said by saying that.
    So let me clarify what you're saying.

Titan is "We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch."

So because they haven't explicitly said "new IP" we shouldn't call it as such?

Just want to make sure whether there is a discussion here or we're just arguing semantics
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard