Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    How would it fit into e-sports then, such as games like LoL, Dota, etc.? Because, I remember them saying they were shooting for e-sports as well.

And, if, IF, what Tenzing said has some valid truth to it, then I really, really don't think it's going to have that huge appeal to already hardcore WoW fans. I don't know, it just sounds too...unappealing.
    well i have no clue if tenzing right of full of it but a few thing to keep in mind

blizzard did say they want to create an MMO that will not cannibalize wow, so, if wow player have no interest in titan, that possibly not a problem, maybe even a plus, maybe they shooting for another crowd, maybe the cod crowd.

FPS can be made in competitive esport, but you need a well thought out spectator mode to be able to cast game.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Do you have access to hidden information we don't have? I assume by 'falling off hard' you meant 'losing a lot of subscribers' because I can't imagine what else it would mean. And to that point, go back to the beginning of the paragraph.

Wow is certainly not 'falling off hard'. Until they are down to half their subscribers in a radically short period of time with no gains in any quarters, including expansion releases, please don't continue rumor mongering.
    *cough* /tooshort
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    *cough* /tooshort
    Last time I checked 15% is nowhere close to 50%. Especially when the basis is around 10 million. I'm not even subscribed to WoW and I think you would be incredibly unintelligent if you think you have a point.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Last time I checked 15% is nowhere close to 50%. Especially when the basis is around 10 million. I'm not even subscribed to WoW and I think you would be incredibly unintelligent if you think you have a point.
    My point still remains, just because you provide an outrageous number that would never be met in any realm of reality as your basis for how well/poorly a game is doing doesn't change the fact that WoW lost 15% of its subscribers over a 3 month period, a 3 month period that has actually typically been positive for gamers(holidays, xmas sales). I just wanted to point out that they need to make some moves, moves that Activision won't because they know WoW is declining, they just are focused on other things at the moment. I just hope they start rumbling a bit more on Titan and don't pull an EA and force it out too early.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    My point still remains, just because you provide an outrageous number that would never be met in any realm of reality as your basis for how well/poorly a game is doing doesn't change the fact that WoW lost 15% of its subscribers over a 3 month period, a 3 month period that has actually typically been positive for gamers(holidays, xmas sales). I just wanted to point out that they need to make some moves, moves that Activision won't because they know WoW is declining, they just are focused on other things at the moment. I just hope they start rumbling a bit more on Titan and don't pull an EA and force it out too early.
    Well I don't disagree with any of that, but my number isn't outrageous. It's outrageous to claim a game is dying when it will still be around to the day that it only has 1 million subscribers. (actual subscribers, not asian 'subs') So the typical chicken littles, which yourself and your 'so subtle *cough*' belong to, can keep moving along. Nothing to see here.
    BAD WOLF

One rumor I had heard a few weeks ago, was that the IGN deal cemented Blizzards' desire to move forward only into eSports. If it can't be eSported, it's off the table. Which meant Titan was now not going to be a priority, and might be sold-off lock stock and barrel.

Yesterday, Titans's senior world designer quit Blizzard, to move closer to family...

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    One rumor I had heard a few weeks ago, was that the IGN deal cemented Blizzards' desire to move forward only into eSports. If it can't be eSported, it's off the table. Which meant Titan was now not going to be a priority, and might be sold-off lock stock and barrel.

Yesterday, Titans's senior world designer quit Blizzard, to move closer to family...
    Yeah...not happening. esports is growing, but it's still too narrow of a market for the kind of appeal Blizzard goes for in their games. The only esport Blizzard has is SC2, which hasn't really exploded the way they had hoped. They tried with WoW and that bombed pretty hard, and they aren't even bothering with D3 (thankfully, because that would be a mess).

I can't find a single shred of evidence to support such a claim when you look at their current lineup of games, and what we know of what is coming on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Yeah...not happening. eSports is growing
    The only person I've ever seen give accurate info on Titan says it's not even going to make it out of beta, so make of that what you will.

Oh, and I notice you don't even mention the D3 ports, or Balls, or the SC2.x eSports coming up. I'd read more about their IGN acquisition, before you naysay as much as are.
    Last edited by tenzing21; 2013-05-15 at 04:31 AM.

Tenzing, son, I am disappoint. Here you were posting logical, reasonably deduceable info of what they should obviously want Titan to be like based on market demand & history and all, & then you start posting eSports nonsense after decades of financial disappointment trying to break out into it, & worse, some dubious data about a senior designer quitting to.. move closer to family ??
    >>> And then.. <<<

Lost vikings mmo, here we go!!!

Not sure if I said this in this thread before... but my money is on sellable Player-Generated content being the key driving element of this MMO.

If you look at SC2 and D3 - both were trying to push the "player generated" sellable content. SC2 was to have a real-$ map store where people uploaded their maps to sell, but Blizz said they couldn't reinforce the structure (stopping people from copying others maps and re-uploading them as their own). D3's "player generated" content was to come in the form of the RMAH - where the items were generated and sold via client-side... all Blizz had to do was soak up the money in residuals.

I'm MORE than certain there's going to be no sub-fee and that Player Generated content for sale will be its driving force.

Having said that, I'm betting it's going to be a world-building sim-thing. Something like "The Sims" crossed with "Second Life" that has several built-in game engines that players can use to create/build mini games and a virtual world.

did anyone saw this?
    Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project
    Blizzard Entertainment, the game giant that makes a mint from the World of Warcraft online game, has had an unannounced massively multiplayer online game in the works for some time. But GamesBeat has learned that Blizzard has decided to push the reset button on the game.

The game’s team of 100 developers has been reduced by 70 positions, and those people will be reassigned to other work. Meanwhile, a core of the team will hit the reset button on the MMO, known only under its supposed code name of Titan. The title is now not expected to be published until 2016 at the earliest, according to a source familiar with the matter.
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/28/bl...ect-exclusive/

Interesting. LET THE SPECULATION AND RUMORMILLING COMMENCE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they move those 70 positions to WoW team or make a new temp team to work on a proper RPG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    did anyone saw this?

Holy...wtf?!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    did anyone saw this?

Well that killed the hype for me. The good thing is that Blizz is man enough to scrap something.

Never heard of Venture/Gamesbeat before. Are they trustworthy? Why and how would they get an exclusive on this?

Edit: Didn't see the front page. I guess if they are credible enough for Boub to believe them that's credible enough for me.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-05-28 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    Warcraft 4. It would be a TITAN game!

"But Blizzard made no official announcement, even though it put a large number of developers to work on the project.

Mike Morhaime, the head of Blizzard ( a division of Activision Blizzard), told employees a few days ago that Blizzard is very “iterative” in how it creates games and it never hesitates to do the right thing when it comes to developing games. Recently, Blizzard reviewed Titan and concluded it needed big design and technology changes to meet the bar for quality. As the core team figures out what to do, Blizzard is shifting developers to work on World of Warcraft, Blizzard All-Stars, the Diablo III expansion, cinematics and Battle.net."
    It needs big design and tech changes, yet they cut the team making it by 70% to do this? Of course of those supposed 100 not all are going to be planning the game out, but that still seems a little excessive. Are the 30 people left actually making design decisions? Isn't that also excessive as how's anyone going to decide on a set plan with 30 people all steering the wheels?

If this is true, maybe it's down to Destiny coming out? From the rumous we've heard Destiny is basically what Titan was meant to be. Now that ActiBlizz has Bungie working on that, they clearly don't need the dedicated Blizzard team making it. So now that Titan has become Destiny, does that mean we get a tottally new MMO out of this?

RUMOUR MILL TIME - What if after Jay Wilson supposdily caused Diablo 3 to be tottally re-iterated after moving to the team, now he's been moved onto Titan he's doing it all again???

10+ Year Old Account
    should've just scrapped it altogether.