Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Probably the same amount of things that EQN is using from other games. Im ready for EQN as much as the next guy but lets be honest, most of what they revealed is already in many other games. They added some new stuff and improved upon some other stuff.
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they wait to see how the individual elements pan out for EQNext, so they know what moves to make business wise. Also, a lot of art is invented from other art. "Good artists copy, great artists steal" -Pablo Picasso. WoW, took a lot from the original EQ too. I'd say EQ1 was a lot more progressive for the times it was released than WoW was when it was released.
    Last edited by Height; 2013-08-09 at 02:33 AM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they wait and see how EQNext goes so they know what works and doesn't work. Almost all good art is stolen and reinterpreted though and that goes with video games. WoW, took a lot from the original EQ. I'd say the original EQ was a lot more inventive for the times it was released than WoW was when it was released.
    I completely agree, vanialla wow was nothing more than EQ made for casuals honestly. EQ set the standard for everything MMOs have been over the last 14 years, wow took the blueprints made some changes and ran with it. I expect nothing less of EQN and eventually Titan as well. Both EQ1 and WoW are the main reason MMOs are as huge as they are now.

I remember seeing somewhere the Blizzard said Titan might have ingame advertisements. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    Bobby Kotick and Vivendi have been negotiating the sale of Activision to itself, and when news of that got around to the Blizzard staff, the people who put together that company told Kotick they wanted out from any sort of control Activision would have have over Blizz, essentailly saying if Activsion goes, Blizz (i.e., the staff and management) would not under any circumstances be part of or owned/controlled by Activision. So, as part of that impasse many Blizz activities were put on hold, and Activision ramped up it's non-Blizz projects.

Titan won't see the light of day til Blizz emerges from under the collapsed Vivendi/Activision accord.
    And where did you get this line of nonsense from? You've made a ton of completely unfounded, wild assertions throughout the thread which have yet to be proven true, so I'd assume this is from the same nonsense source(s) you got your earlier information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And where did you get this line of nonsense from? You've made a ton of completely unfounded, wild assertions throughout the thread which have yet to be proven true, so I'd assume this is from the same nonsense source(s) you got your earlier information from?
    I've learned to pretty much ignore you, and your puerile posts; even still- if you would do a modicum of searching you'll see how many Blizz personnel, esp from the Titan project, have left recently.

You need to stop being so rude, and honestly, you have NO business being a mod.

I've learned to pretty much ignore you, and your puerile posts; even still- if you would do a modicum of searching you'll see how many Blizz personnel, esp from the Titan project, have left recently.

You need to stop being so rude, and honestly, you have NO business being a mod.
    Left the company or no longer work on the game? Because they already stated that they pulled most of the Titan staff off of the game while they retooled it, which jives with their statements that they're changing directions and possibly business models.

As for Blizzard staff leaving, I don't hang out on the game conspiracy theory websites, so I'm not up to date on all that.

if you would do a modicum of searching
    Or you could just post it.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Or you could just post it.
    Nah.. thats not a possible way of proving anything, ever.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Looks like Titan's future just became a little more bleak.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzar...s-page-6413578

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

I'm thinking the EQnext reveal may have stepped on their toes a bit. Suddenly, Titan needs some time so they can create a tool where players develop content.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    I'm thinking the EQnext reveal may have stepped on their toes a bit. Suddenly, Titan needs some time so they can create a tool where players develop content.
    Extremely unlikely that Everquest Next had anything to do with it.

Not really bleak...I mean we already know they scaled the team way back to retool the core of the game. That would mean that they probably don't need any additional staff.

So the two most likely solutions are:

1. They have a full staff for what they want to do and don't need to hire anyone else.
    2. Are figuring out who, if anyone, they want to bring on during this retooling phase.

I don't see how that's any more bleak than its status was when the announcement of the reduction in team size was made >.>

Liked that comment from the link regarding Bungie and Destiny. Not knowing anything about the game...sounds like it could be promising. Also does sound a lot like some of the rumors that we kept hearing about Titan...

Titan was actually Pong 2. Blizzard had been developing it for 20 years. They were almost at the part where they decide on a game engine.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Liked that comment from the link regarding Bungie and Destiny. Not knowing anything about the game...sounds like it could be promising. Also does sound a lot like some of the rumors that we kept hearing about Titan...
    Honestly, I can't see Blizzard not knowing about Destiny (and vice versa) from the second that Bungie started working on it. That's the kind of thing that your studio heads at other studios should be knowing about and strategizing around. Having two companies under the same umbrella working on supposedly identical games because neither is talking to each other is amazingly foolish and amateurish.

All careers from Blizzard website about unannounced mmo game are gone
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...#region=Global

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is only one reason why would titan be cancelled in its current form and back to the drawing board, blizzard felt the game would not be succesful given today standard and the competition.

Which to me seems rather odd. This is a studio with more ressource than any on the planet except valve, how can they lose their edge and creativity. This is the one studio that has the mean to push the MMO genre boundaries and they back off, strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Which to me seems rather odd. This is a studio with more ressource than any on the planet except valve, how can they lose their edge and creativity. This is the one studio that has the mean to push the MMO genre boundaries and they back off, strange.
    Maybe they thought Titan would cannibalize too much players from WoW or other games in its current implementation.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Which to me seems rather odd. This is a studio with more ressource than any on the planet except valve, how can they lose their edge and creativity.
    I think they need some new blood, most of the people in significant creative positions have been working at Blizzard for a long time. Also seem to be age 40+ when the average gamer is 18-22.

Could be totally wrong about that, just my opinion.

If you think about it this is no big surprise. I think when they announced they were "going back to the drawing board" so to speak that a lot of the Titan team would be moved onto various other projects. So it makes sense that they would stop all recruitment. Currently they don't need lots of people to build models, do art work and code quests etc. Although taking the adverts off the sites does suggest that the drawing board stage may be longer than we originally expected. I would say Titan is officially "on ice" now.

Why would they do that? Could be a number of reasons. It could be that WoW has performed better than they expected at this stage in it's life and they're happy with the subscriber numbers and are confident they can keep turning a reasonable profit for the next X years. This fits with some comments they've made where they've talked about people coming back for expansions and a plan to release expansions quicker. Maybe they never expected this and had planned to need another MMO.. but they're happy to sit back and let WoW continue.

They may simply have not been happy with the game they were producing, perhaps feeling that it simply wasn't good enough. Blizzard have scrapped a number of projects in development. If it wasn't reaching their high standards, it's natural they might decide to start over.

Or it could be due to other MMOs coming soon. When EQN was revealed it did seem natural to wonder if that was the game that rocked the Blizzard boat a little too much.

We may never know.