Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So now that it's been pushed back, when do you think we'll get AT LEAST a reveal? I wish 2015, but even that seems optimistic.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-08-26 at 06:40 AM.

Still hoping taking devs off the Titan team was in order to revamp WoW, which is their proven big money MMO thus their most important franchise.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Still hoping taking devs off the Titan team was in order to revamp WoW, which is their proven big money MMO thus their most important franchise.
    Now that they have removed their 'next gen MMO' from the careers page, I'm assuming Titan is more or less shut down at this point. I also imagine it was to put all their muscle behind their proven franchises and I think it's going to turn out to be a great success for them.

While they likely aren't going to reclaim WoW subs to their peak again, they are going to have to find ways to pull revenue from a smaller people. Enter a cash shop that we likely don't want, but combined with quicker and better content I think they will find their comfort zone.

Additionally, just the initial details on D3:RoS shows that they plowed some manpower into its development which will also likely put that game where it should have been all along. I expect the next few years for them to regain that dominant development they had all those years past.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Additionally, just the initial details on D3:RoS shows that they plowed some manpower into its development which will also likely put that game where it should have been all along. I expect the next few years for them to regain that dominant development they had all those years past.
    2 years seems plenty of time for that content with the original team. Why would they add more manpower to that? The guys doing the bulk of the content probably worked on the expansion right after D3 release.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    2 years seems plenty of time for that content with the original team. Why would they add more manpower to that? The guys doing the bulk of the content probably worked on the expansion right after D3 release.
    Normally you'd be right, but they have a new director and are probably tossing just about every feature they can into this thing to make sure it isn't seen as a failure by the community.

The fact that they couldn't even fix the loot before the expansion tells me they didn't do a whole lot of meaningful work since it released. Seems more like lots of trial and error with little progress or else we would have heard/seen it before now. Also they probably had a lot of people working on transition D3 to consoles. I wager that was their priority at that time.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    After having watched Blizzcon 2 times I sat wondering - what the heck is that Titan project? No explanations, no hints whatsoever on top of the possible cancellation announced in May, if I'm not mistaken.

Then it struck me.

Looking at the "leaked slate" from 2011 (link), which is not-so-accurate anymore, it was planned for late 2013 release. We've been told that the development is already in progress (2011), maybe started even earlier (2009?). We have never seen any original art, nor any useful information about the atmosphere of the game, only that it will be a "next-gen MMO", whatever that is.

Now - what IF Titan is World of Warcraft (sounds crazy, but hear me out) - not a game, but process of some sort? Maybe "next-gen MMO" is WoW? Maybe Titan is happening RIGHT NOW, and it has been since 2009-2010, beginning with Cataclysm? What WoW needed at the end of Wrath of the Lich King? Freshness, dynamics, "upgrade". They started it in Cataclysm with high-quality models in new races, redesign of the world, a lot of new textures, models, etc. Mists of Pandaria continued with greatly detailed zones and new race, superior to the previous ones in terms of quality, even Worgen/Goblin, babysteps in new mechanics, technologies (farm, Timeless Isle, Scenarios, Flex).

Now, Warlords of Draenor - major overhaul of already existing core mechanics of the game - itemization, stats, inventory. New models. Reinvented PvE/PvP systems (good or bad - it's subjective and NOT the point of this thread so please refrain from flaming, it is change after all), Garrisons, pile of new mechanics, new quest and reward system.

What if it's what Titan is? A process to "upgrade" WoW, to slowly and gradually increase its quality to meet current requirements? It has always been a great game and it still is, but lacking in visual fidelity and accessibility for many people. What if Titan's purpose is to change that? What if they try to level-up World of Warcraft to the point where it won't feel antediluvian compared to newest MMOs?

And its name, why I haven't think of it sooner! IF I am right, it WILL be a new beginning for WoW, a re-origination.

Do you see where am I going with this? Maybe Project Titan is a Reply Code Omega?

"It is in the universe's best interest to re-originate this planet should my analysis find systemic corruption." ~Algalon the Observer

P.S. By no means I consider Cataclysm/MoP/WoD better than original trio. I absolutely loved Vanilla, same as BC/WotLK and pretty much every expansion. I had a big break in Cataclysm, worst expansion of all so far imho, but still great. I have been just tired with farming. I do not think WoW in WotLK times needed an upgrade, it was great back then and it is great now. I'm just trying to approach this from the developer's point of view, standing on the brink of possible WoW's antiquation.

If I missed the facts somewhere or am simply wrong - correct me, I still think (hope?) that's possible.
    Last edited by Spray; 2013-11-15 at 10:41 PM.

Blizz has said it's a new IP (new content all around) AND that they basicly had to restart the project. http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzar...s-page-6413578

So no, it's not a change to WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Blizz has said it's a new IP (new content all around) AND that they basicly had to restart the project. http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzar...s-page-6413578

This.

I don't see why you guys are acting like it's been shelved etc. The original Titan project was going to take what, 6-7 years total to get out? And they just recently announced that they have literally restarted the project. Even assuming they're keeping the same game engine, that gives it another good 4-5 years before it'll be out now. Of course we won't be able to get a preview if a month and a half ago they said they hadn't even decided what genre it would be yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post

Yeah, everything they say is always true, this is why I'm customizing my character's dance moves as of typing this. *winks*

Ok, I agree, you got a point, pretty strong one. Still, it would make so much sense. *sobs*

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    This.

I don't see why you guys are acting like it's been shelved etc. The original Titan project was going to take what, 6-7 years total to get out? And they just recently announced that they have literally restarted the project. Even assuming they're keeping the same game engine, that gives it another good 4-5 years before it'll be out now. Of course we won't be able to get a preview if a month and a half ago they said they hadn't even decided what genre it would be yet.
    5 positions up grabs on the career page
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...#region=Global

I think I'm done caring about Blizzard anymore. Their creative spark has been dwindling for awhile now, and they seem content with just rolling out Facebook-style lowest threshold games. D3 was a disaster, SC2 is filled with 95% cancer playerbase, Cata was terrible, MoP had the most unfulfilling main villain to date ... and now he's making a return appearance in WoD. They continue to roll out browser games into WoW to keep people subbed aka Pokemon, browser-game style mission running with NPCs and your town that runs like WC2. And of course they jumped the shark going with alternate realities and time travel for WoD while their main plot has been sitting on the back burner for 3 expansions. Franchises are never improved by late-life time travel/alt reality timelines.

Whatever game comes out of Titan in 2020, I'm sure it will be targeted at the CoD playerbase, because they care about money more than making good games these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I think I'm done caring about Blizzard anymore. Their creative spark has been dwindling for awhile now, and they seem content with just rolling out Facebook-style lowest threshold games. D3 was a disaster, SC2 is filled with 95% cancer playerbase, Cata was terrible, MoP had the most unfulfilling main villain to date ... and now he's making a return appearance in WoD. They continue to roll out browser games into WoW to keep people subbed aka Pokemon, browser-game style mission running with NPCs and your town that runs like WC2. And of course they jumped the shark going with alternate realities and time travel for WoD while their main plot has been sitting on the back burner for 3 expansions. Franchises are never improved by late-life time travel/alt reality timelines.

Whatever game comes out of Titan in 2020, I'm sure it will be targeted at the CoD playerbase, because they care about money more than making good games these days.
    My god......I don't know what's the saddest comment or avatar......
    D3 was a disaster, SC2 is filled with 95% cancer playerbase, Cata was terrible, MoP had the most unfulfilling main villain to date....so what are you doing here?

Expressing disgust at my last straws with Blizzard: Finding out not only is Titan scrapped, but whatever rises from its ashes won't be a subscription MMO. And the shark-jumping of their WoD announcement.

But how did the Titan get in the wall? Where the walls built around the Titans? How many humans are Titans? So much to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    But how did the Titan get in the wall? Where the walls built around the Titans? How many humans are Titans? So much to speculate.
    Ask Armin, he knows everything.

They have 3 franchises whether people like it or not is still making money more than most game companies in the PC industry.

Its no doubt blizzards a dwindling country, but I would place bets they still have another 20+ years before they come even with most companies now. The guys a literally rolling in cash at this point.

I have a strange belief titan was never going to happen because...it has yet to be leaked. And I'm surprised about that to be honest. Not one leak about it, what it has in it, what its about, nothing. Just seems strange. Somehow some way blizzard info has always been leaked, whether people believe the leak or not. Look at WoD...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    They have 3 franchises whether people like it or not is still making money more than most game companies in the PC industry.

Its no doubt blizzards a dwindling country, but I would place bets they still have another 20+ years before they come even with most companies now. The guys a literally rolling in cash at this point.

I have a strange belief titan was never going to happen because...it has yet to be leaked. And I'm surprised about that to be honest. Not one leak about it, what it has in it, what its about, nothing. Just seems strange. Somehow some way blizzard info has always been leaked, whether people believe the leak or not. Look at WoD...
    WoD was leaked, because it's heavily in progress already.

What is to be leaked from Titan, if the only ideas exist probably only on paper? The development didn't really start yet, and even if they have a working REALLY EARLY ALPHA, it's probably very limited and neuter, with no real story behind it, just an engine. So what is there to leak? We know it's Titan! : P

(all of this is why I hoped it's not a real game, but rather a codename for WoW "renaissance" project)

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post

It's really sad seeing that someone could actually think that way, because my views are entirely opposite.
    I hope it's not really common.
    Last edited by Spray; 2013-11-16 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    It's really sad seeing that someone could actually think that way, because my views are entirely opposite.
    I hope it's not really common.
    It's more common than you think.
    That pretty much sums up how I, and just about all my friends, veiw blizzard.

Hell, right now I am playing WoW just for pokemon and challenge modes with friends. And I don't even play that very much compared to other MMOs.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    It's more common than you think.
    That pretty much sums up how I, and just about all my friends, veiw blizzard.

Hell, right now I am playing WoW just for pokemon and challenge modes with friends. And I don't even play that very much compared to other MMOs.
    Then let's cross fingers and hope Warlords of Draenor, Reaper of Souls and Heroes of the Storm will change that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    WoD was leaked, because it's heavily in progress already.

What is to be leaked from Titan, if the only ideas exist probably only on paper? The development didn't really start yet, and even if they have a working REALLY EARLY ALPHA, it's probably very limited and neuter, with no real story behind it, just an engine. So what is there to leak? We know it's Titan! : P
    Ohh there is probably a ton of stuff to leak.

They've been recruiting graphic artists for it ever since 2009 (probably started even earlier). I'd reckon about 15 were recruited only from Polycount (just look in parasite7's posts), not to mention other sources. Most of them have been working on Titan until the spring reset hit. I can only imagine how much art they've created during this period.

And the reset might have transferred them to different projects, however I really doubt the art or story got scrapped.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.