Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Actually, there are two builds. One is Haste > Mastery. The other is Mastery > Haste. Secondly, you're exp is wrong. Prot paladins want to get to 15% exp, not just 12.5%.
    There are more than two builds. Actually it becomes tiresome with people being lazy and not doing their own work, but following tc done by some other person alone. It is very remarkable when people are gearing for absurd stats like haste, hit, exp, mastery, they constantly take lots of damage, so if healers sneeze - tanks die.

Comment about double stam trinkets is also wrong. Trinkets don't have double item budget for secondary stats as gems do, so if someone wants to get more of secondary stat (especially cappable, like hit or expertise) - they gem for it and use primary stat trinkets in both slots.

To OP: you are missing lots of enchants, and not following any build really (even haste>mastery). Stick to some build, don't go for all stats at once, enchant gear and it will make your life easier.

233k????? My guild just killed heroic empress, and melee swings from empress were barely above that. If you are getting hit that hard you are doing something horribly wrong.

I faced the boss away from raid on the first maybe second platform (i.imgur.com/e0mJu.jpg) I stack stam because in cata I stacked avoidance didnt really help me out. I would really like to have 500K+ unbuffed health for physical damage heavy fights.Thanks everyone ill replace a trink maybe just maybe. But still thats -1200 stam which is alot

Paladins reduce their physical damage taken by using SOTR - when used, it gives a buff that gives you 30% phys dmg reduction (plus mastery, so about 40% for your).
    You should get an addon that shows the boss' swingtimer, so you can use SOTR *right* before a hit goes out. This means that you'll be covered for 2, maybe even 3, melee hits - and only go 1-2 without a "reduction".

Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    233k????? My guild just killed heroic empress, and melee swings from empress were barely above that. If you are getting hit that hard you are doing something horribly wrong.

I take 400k hits from shek sheer. ON PURPOSE <3
    /sit
    /cast death strike

=toppin the charts on da dps meters

Though you really only should take 175k max a normal hit from shek zeer.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

the tank and the trash do hit really hard.. i can attest to that.. just be really careful.. the normal adds on empress rape every tank as well.. its quite funny to watch.

i tanked empress in LFR in ret spec with a 2hander and dps gear. The fight is perfectly fine and tuned.

The fact dissonance isn't even a threat and you can stack both add groups up will minimal damage on tank / raid is laughable enough.

1st: don't listen to this bullshit ^
    and now the answer:
    Why? You. The fight is tuned to be easy with expected gear. But your gear is by good amount below that, so you need some tricks. The thing you lack - is armor. While when gearing you don't pay attention (you just can't forge,chant,gem it), it plays rather big role.
    Boss. She power ups when reaching 30% hp, be ready for this.
    What to do? The build. I myself use hitcap>expcap>haste>mastery>str>dodge/parry build. It's pretty fckin awesome and I often get high WoL places. It is good because you stack both survivability and damage. The str on 5th place works just like that, remember - it gives you parry. Avoidance stats are not that bad, but slightly under haste and mastery, so don't mindlessly throw them away. But note, that when undergeared you may take some very huge hits, so i recommend hitcap>expcap>haste>stamina>mastery>... build until you get some gear. Consumnables. Use 2 elixirs: armor and haste, not stamina flask. They work pretty damn well. Also use cheap haste or mastery food. This will buff your mitigation some more. I used this trick for some heavy heroics like Garajal, Will of the Emperor.
    The strategy. Take Unbreakable Spirit(US) and Holy Avenger(HA) talents, glyph Divine Protection(DP). Use HA only when you tank the boss, it is your strong defensive cooldown. Use DP when you are tanking and HA is not up. US makes it ready faster, and glyph makes it actually mitigate damage. You may use Guardian or Ardent Defender early, but be sure to have them for sub-30% phase. Note, that you only tank the boss for half of the time, so stack 5 HoPo before you taunt. Keep Sacred Shield always up (note, that it scales from ap, read: from vengeance) and use Seal of Insight. It there is a pally healer, ask him for Beacon of Light.

With this you should handle her nicely and with style =) Prot pallies FTW!