Page 46 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    Typhlosion wasn't a fighting type though. But after the last 3 generations being fire/fighting, I hope this time around it's something else. The fox doesn't really seem like a fighting type so I have high hopes for this one. They could just make it evolve into a fighting type like they did before though.
    yeah blaziken was cool (although the silver cup fight from the anime might have skewed my thoughts of him) i didnt like infernape much and then i hated tepig.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

That's why I like the grass starters, can't go wrong with grass starters.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    eh the only grass starter i really like is chikorita and bulbasaur. treeco was okay but i hated sceptile but i kinda like torterra.

really loving chespin though one of my favorite pokemon i just hope his final evo is good
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I hate grass starters and grass in general. Slow and odd, any way too many weaknesses.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    Completely agree. Tepig is the only fire starter I absolutely hated. Seeing as we are used to fast and high attack stats-fire starters, this slow piece of garbage felt wrong. It's move pool isn't horrible, but it's definitely not good either.
    Compared to the movepool of Blaziken and Infernape, then yes, it's movepool is horrible.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Liked most grass starters. I hated Meganium with a passion though.

Water is the only type where I only liked a few, Blastoise and Feraligator, every water starter from there on was pretty horrible in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Compared to the movepool of Blaziken and Infernape, then yes, it's movepool is horrible.
    True, but those 2 had a pretty amazing movepool if we are talking pokemon in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    eh the only grass starter i really like is chikorita and bulbasaur. treeco was okay but i hated sceptile but i kinda like torterra.

really loving chespin though one of my favorite pokemon i just hope his final evo is good
    I've liked all of them so far, Torterra was a beast!
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    The only Fire Starters I like are Typhlosion and Tepig :\
    Most other times i've gone with Water or Grass.

As for Emboar, try a Curse/Gyro Ball combo. It will hit anything not resistant to Steel like the truck that he is.
    Due to his high Health he can easily take the hits, especially since Curse also raises Defense.

I usually pick grass too, didn't pick it in Gold or White though, because Feraligatr is much cooler than Meganium, and I hate Snivy with a passion. Heck, I hate all of the Gen 5 starters, but I picked Tepig just so I could nickname Emboar as Ganon.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I usually pick grass too, didn't pick it in Gold or White though, because Feraligatr is much cooler than Meganium, and I hate Snivy with a passion. Heck, I hate all of the Gen 5 starters, but I picked Tepig just so I could nickname Emboar as Ganon.
    oshawott is a cute little monster @_@

All eevelutions have been a single type, so normal flying is not even close to a good guess.
    There arent many flying only type, Tornadus is the UNIQUE single type flying, every other flying type pokemon are dual typed.....and we clearly see Sylveon doing swift. There are some posibilities,
    -swift is now a light type attack(instead of normal) and thus means light type will be added to the game which means Sylveon would be a light type
    -Swift is still normal type, meaning Sylveon is a normal type eeveelution (which would be A HUGE DISSAPOINTEMENT fo rme at least)
    -OR Sylveon is Normal/Flying
    -Sylveon is the second pokemon to not be a dual typed flying/??? pokemon.

I hope for a Light type pokemon
    Probably going to be Flying or Flying/Normal.

edit: I people started to talk abotu a fairy type pokemon........PLEASE GOD NO, light typing coud be applied to older pokemon (lots of them actually) but fairy type would only apply to couple of them......
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2013-02-15 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    oshawott is a cute little monster @_@
    I find him disturbing, and even more so his evolutions. First time I saw Samurott in-game I couldn't make out what the hell he was. I could see a snout, and some hair, presumably beard, and then tons of golden shit I couldn't figure. I've heard from a lot of people that Oshawott is awesome in the anime, but since I don't watch it I just see a ugly Koala bear that looks like it needs to be stomped on. Luckily, the starters and the trios are the worst parts of Gen V, there's a dozen of other Pokémon in there I love.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    edit: I people started to talk abotu a fairy type pokemon........PLEASE GOD NO, light typing coud be applied to older pokemon (lots of them actually) but fairy type would only apply to couple of them......
    Fighting is called Light in the Japanese games, which is why Dark is weak to Fighting. I don't really see how Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Machamp or any Fighting types represent any kind of Light, but they're still Light types in the Japanese versions. Plus, most Pokémon that would have a Light theme can be translated to either Ghost or Psychic.

I don't think we need another type, it's balanced quite well at the moment, I don't want a new type to come in and fuck the balance up. Dark was merely added in to balance Psychic types, especially considering there weren't many bug type moves in Gen II, only Twineedle comes to mind. And Steel... well to be fair I have no idea why Steel was added, it doesn't really counter anything that was OP in Gen I.

Anyways, I'm guessing pure Flying on Sylveon, it kind of bothers me that there's only one single type Flying, and its a legendary on top of that. I don't even see how it benefits any Flying Pokémon to be part Normal, actually, it just makes them neutral to Fighting moves, which they'd otherwise be strong against. I say bring the pure Flying types!
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-02-15 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    There arent many flying only type, Tornadus is the UNIQUE single type flying, every other flying type pokemon are dual typed.....and we clearly see Sylveon doing swift. There are some posibilities,
    -swift is now a light type attack(instead of normal) and thus means light type will be added to the game which means Sylveon would be a light type
    -Swift is still normal type, meaning Sylveon is a normal type eeveelution (which would be A HUGE DISSAPOINTEMENT fo rme at least)
    Swift is a pretty common attack. I don't think it means anything.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Nope, but we also see it use something that looks like Fire Blast, Hyper Beam and Trumph Card. A moveset like that pretty much screams "normal" type.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Nope, but we also see it use something that looks like Fire Blast, Hyper Beam and Trumph Card. A moveset like that pretty much screams "normal" type.
    im not familar with trump card but fire blast and hyper beam are used by alot of different types including flying types O-O

Fighting is called Light in the Japanese games, which is why Dark is weak to Fighting. I don't really see how Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Machamp or any Fighting types represent any kind of Light, but they're still Light types in the Japanese versions. Plus, most Pokémon that would have a Light theme can be translated to either Ghost or Psychic.
    I've never heard that before. I've heard people say fighting type is Hero type in Japan (Dark type is "Evil" there), but never seen anybody back it up either. Bulbapedia has it as かくとうタイプ, which translates to Fighting Type.

I find him disturbing, and even more so his evolutions. First time I saw Samurott in-game I couldn't make out what the hell he was. I could see a snout, and some hair, presumably beard, and then tons of golden shit I couldn't figure. I've heard from a lot of people that Oshawott is awesome in the anime, but since I don't watch it I just see a ugly Koala bear that looks like it needs to be stomped on. Luckily, the starters and the trios are the worst parts of Gen V, there's a dozen of other Pokémon in there I love.

I don't think we need another type, it's balanced quite well at the moment, I don't want a new type to come in and fuck the balance up. Dark was merely added in to balance Psychic types, especially considering there weren't many bug type moves in Gen II, only Twineedle comes to mind. And Steel... well to be fair I have no idea why Steel was added, it doesn't really counter anything that was OP in Gen I.

Anyways, I'm guessing pure Flying on Sylveon, it kind of bothers me that there's only one single type Flying, and its a legendary on top of that. I don't even see how it benefits any Flying Pokémon to be part Normal, actually, it just makes them neutral to Fighting moves, which they'd otherwise be strong against. I say bring the pure Flying types!
    Nah light type pokemon would take some, currently normal, pokemon and convert them: example would be Chansey and co clefairy-fable, those kind of pokemon could be light typed, Pikachu could become a electric/light type who knows POSSIBILITIES.

And for the Japanese name they arent called ''light'' and the jaapnese name doesnt even mean light.

Deleted
    If by the trios you mean the Elemental Monkeys, they are very underrated. I use Simipour with Nasty Plot, Scald, Ice Beam and Focus Blast, and I rip apart almost anything that isn't super effective against Water.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Even if common, still a normal type attack that would poitn toward a normal typing, and like others said it performs other attack like trump card and hyper beam that are also normal type attack (ok hyper beam can be learned by all maxed evolved pokemon) But it scream normal, and the name says seem to point toward flying type....which in turn would mean a normal flyign type. OH and last thign DO NOT FORGET that it is the lightest eeveelution to date.

That fire blast wasn't fire blast. If you look sylveon becomes a ball of energy and leaves the screen (you can see it's feet disappear).

So it's more likely to be double edge, brave bird, giga impact or something like that.

Hyper beam and trumph card is used by a lot of pokemon not just normal type.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 08:42 PM ----------

Even if common, still a normal type attack that would poitn toward a normal typing, and like others said it performs other attack like trump card and hyper beam that are also normal type attack (ok hyper beam can be learned by all maxed evolved pokemon) But it scream normal, and the name says seem to point toward flying type....which in turn would mean a normal flyign type. OH and last thign DO NOT FORGET that it is the lightest eeveelution to date.
    Swift and hyper beam is found just as much on non normals to normals.

Just because you see swift doesn't mean it screams normal type.

The reason fighting beats dark is because fighting is supposed to be honorable combat while dark is supposed to be sneaky and underhanded. Most dark type attacks don't even cover literal darkness, which is also why dark beats psychic(tricks and theft). People call fighting "light" type because they assume it to mean good and dark to mean bad, but it's still fighting in japanese.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-02-15 at 08:51 PM.