Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    how were you able to check you iv's on x/y?
    The judge in the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City, also the various IV calcs available online.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    after playing Pokemon mmo and using the calculator add on i don't understand why Nintendo just don't do this...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, after 550-ish eggs, Shiny Scyther!

Too bad it's IVs are terrible. "Decent all around". Perfect Speed IVs though. Near perfect Attack IVs, which is all that matters I guess.

So far I've gotten into 8 random battles with people online. Everyone has used at least the cover legendary for their game. 7 of the 8 used MegaBlaziken. I've won 8/8 with this team, which is mostly my story team still and not even the right natures for most of them.

Greninja (Not EV trained, +Speed nature)
    Goodra (EV Trained, +Sp.D)
    MegaAerodactyl (EV Trained, +Atk)
    Aegislash (Not EV Trained, +Sp.D)
    MegaVenusaur (Not EV trained, +Def -Sp.A)
    Slyveon (Not EV trained, +Sp.D -Sp.A)

I switched Slyveon for MegaScizor (EV Trained, +Atk -SpA) and Aero's megastone for LifeOrb recently.

Trying to get a Disable Gengar, but I need a Grimer/Yamask. I haven't seen either of those, so I can't go to the GTS for them. I really want a Porygon, but again, haven't seen it. Mostly trying to figure out my 3v3 team for the Battle "Tower" thing. Thinking Scizor, Garchomp, and ... someone else? Need to cover that fire/ice weakness. Thinking some water type. Has to be a special sweeper.

End-game is kind of boring. Really not a heck of a lot to do. I haven't even bothered to catch Mewtwo yet. I have X version so I'm camping out in someone's Abra safari trying to get an Adamant or +Speed -Sp.A one with Synchro so I can get Mewtwo at the right nature.

Change of plans, I'm abandoning my Shroomish-plan and I'm now aiming for a Stoutland (Lillipup) with Scrappy as the ability, using Yawn to sleep. But now I'm entering new breeding territory of passing down moves, so correct me if I'm wrong this is what I need to do:

* Breed female Lillipup (bloodline 1) with male breedable Pokemon with Yawn learned (e.g. Bidoof at lvl 25)
    * I'll now have a Lillipup (bloodline 2) with the move Yawn and now I could breed as "usual" with Dittos, retaining Yawn in the "bloodline"
    (unsure, if Ditto always acts as mother then Lillipup must always be father and thus able to pass down move?).
    * Breed Lillipup (bloodline 3) to get the hidden ability Run-away (60% chance of happening, the ability will turn into Scrappy on evolution?) with Lillipups.
    * Breed Lillipup (bloodline 4) to get the nature I want, simple work with Everstone
    * Breed Lillipup with Lillipups(or within the Egg-group if male) with good IV, giving me a chance of getting the hidden power (hidden power cannot be passed down if one of the parents is Ditto?)
    ?

Reference material;
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yawn_%28move%29
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ing_moves_down
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Egg_move
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-10-22 at 03:02 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by UnkLegacy View Post
    Finally, after 550-ish eggs, Shiny Scyther!

Too bad it's IVs are terrible. "Decent all around". Perfect Speed IVs though. Near perfect Attack IVs, which is all that matters I guess.

So far I've gotten into 8 random battles with people online. Everyone has used at least the cover legendary for their game. 7 of the 8 used MegaBlaziken. I've won 8/8 with this team, which is mostly my story team still and not even the right natures for most of them.

Greninja (Not EV trained, +Speed nature)
    Goodra (EV Trained, +Sp.D)
    MegaAerodactyl (EV Trained, +Atk)
    Aegislash (Not EV Trained, +Sp.D)
    MegaVenusaur (Not EV trained, +Def -Sp.A)
    Slyveon (Not EV trained, +Sp.D -Sp.A)

I switched Slyveon for MegaScizor (EV Trained, +Atk -SpA) and Aero's megastone for LifeOrb recently.

Trying to get a Disable Gengar, but I need a Grimer/Yamask. I haven't seen either of those, so I can't go to the GTS for them. I really want a Porygon, but again, haven't seen it. Mostly trying to figure out my 3v3 team for the Battle "Tower" thing. Thinking Scizor, Garchomp, and ... someone else? Need to cover that fire/ice weakness. Thinking some water type. Has to be a special sweeper.

End-game is kind of boring. Really not a heck of a lot to do. I haven't even bothered to catch Mewtwo yet. I have X version so I'm camping out in someone's Abra safari trying to get an Adamant or +Speed -Sp.A one with Synchro so I can get Mewtwo at the right nature.
    When you go to the GTS and are selecting which pokemon to search for, scroll to the bottom of the list and pick "Which pokemon." That will allow you to manually enter the name of any pokemon, seen or not.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFerret View Post
    When you go to the GTS and are selecting which pokemon to search for, scroll to the bottom of the list and pick "Which pokemon." That will allow you to manually enter the name of any pokemon, seen or not.
    Awesome, didn't know you could do that. That will help a lot.

Now the question is, Shiny Gastly or not? Heh.

Scyther/Scizor, I remember when I played through the original Gold (a long long time ago!) I caught Scyther in the bug catching contest, later evolving him into Scizor. Turned out to be my favourite on my team, would have liked to have played through Y using Scizor but it's too late now, + he is a pain in the ass to get hold of.

I notice a lot of you guys make different teams, I've always been someone who will always use the same team of 6. As I level I already have a decent idea of which pokemon I'm going to use and will rarely/never swap them out once I've settled. Though I do have seperate pokemon I use for HM moves such as cut/strength/waterfall.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Scyther/Scizor, I remember when I played through the original Gold (a long long time ago!) I caught Scyther in the bug catching contest, later evolving him into Scizor. Turned out to be my favourite on my team, would have liked to have played through Y using Scizor but it's too late now, + he is a pain in the ass to get hold of.

I notice a lot of you guys make different teams, I've always been someone who will always use the same team of 6. As I level I already have a decent idea of which pokemon I'm going to use and will rarely/never swap them out once I've settled. Though I do have seperate pokemon I use for HM moves such as cut/strength/waterfall.
    Scyther is one of the last pokemon you can catch. They're all level 50-ish. Too bad he's pretty terrible too. Scizor is one of my favorites and not terrible.

My story team was mostly set after the 2nd gym. I usually start the game with a slight idea of what team I'll use that I can get most, if not all, of them around level 20.

Greninja
    Venusaur
    Slyveon
    Aegislash
    Pikachu -> Goomy
    Talonflame -> Aerodactyl

Goomy took the longest to get. They're only in the level 30 area and didn't want to give me the nature I wanted. I got lucky with Aero, the right nature on the first try. I didn't bother getting the right nature for the other 4, I just took whatever was given. Greninja holds his own, Aegislash isn't strong enough (needs right nature and EVs), Slyveon also just isn't strong or defensive enough, and Venusaur is a very nice tank that I set up for catching pokemon (Sleep Power and Leech Seed).
    Last edited by UnkLegacy; 2013-10-22 at 04:21 PM.

My team is going to be:

Greninja
    Aegislash
    Aromatisse
    Mawile
    Dragalge
    Malamar

Greninja and malamar are going to be my trouble makers while dragalge and aromatisse will counter special sweepers and mawile will decimate physical attackers.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I've settled for this team.

Ferrothorn
    Blaziken
    Metagross
    Gyrados
    Hydreigon
    Alakazam

10+ Year Old Account
    My team is:

Scizor
    Arcanine
    Alakazam
    Garchomp
    Lucario (Mega)
    Jolteon

I will probably switch up my team come December to include a good lead and a nice defensive wall. Unfortunately my team above includes some of my favorite pokemon, so it'll be hard determining which to replace.

The team I'm currently setting up with on the Elite Four's doorstep is:
    Doublade
    Talonflame
    Heliolisk
    Pangoro
    Sylveon

That was my planned team since the second gym. I have full defensive type coverage, and enough offensive coverage to always have a super effective move against a pokemon. Hawlucha serves as my HM slave, swapping in Lapras (I'm sorry for not using you) when I need Waterfall. My criteria was to use only new pokemon, no legendaries, no starters, and to avoid double type coverage within my team.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doublade should evolve before you get to the Elite Four to be honest, mine is in the low 40's and I just got the 5th badge.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I finally caved and bought the game (Y). It should be here tomorrow, so for now I'm trying to decide what I want for my team. I'm leaning Psychic and I've always had a thing for feminine Pokemon. I'm trying to work in some mixed types to try and cover some weaknesses, but mostly I'm choosing Pokemon based on looks. xD This is what I'm thinking:

Delphox
    Meowstic
    Gardevoir
    Gothitelle
    Weavile
    Gengar

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    So I finally caved and bought the game (Y). It should be here tomorrow, so for now I'm trying to decide what I want for my team. I'm leaning Psychic and I've always had a thing for feminine Pokemon. I'm trying to work in some mixed types to try and cover some weaknesses, but mostly I'm choosing Pokemon based on looks. xD This is what I'm thinking:

Delphox
    Meowstic
    Gardevoir
    Gothitelle
    Weavile
    Gengar
    If only mewostic and gothitelle were good

/sigh

Anybody know a way to send pokemon from B/W/B2/W2 to X/Y? I want to send my shiny Giratina lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Doublade should evolve before you get to the Elite Four to be honest, mine is in the low 40's and I just got the 5th badge.
    Doublade requires the use of a Dusk Stone to evolve further, and I don't feel like using it on one that has a less than satisfactory nature (Lonely) and likely poor IV spread.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Anybody know a way to send pokemon from B/W/B2/W2 to X/Y? I want to send my shiny Giratina lol.
    Not until december.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Wait til December when the Pokemon Bank launches. Only way.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFerret View Post
    Doublade requires the use of a Dusk Stone to evolve further, and I don't feel like using it on one that has a less than satisfactory nature (Lonely) and likely poor IV spread.
    You get one pretty easily from one of the Secret Super Training. I felt the same way til I learned I could just win one easily, heh.