Page 44 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed View Post
    The magazine picture p.42 of this thead indicates so.
    All I see is all Eeveelutions together :P I don't speak or read Japanese, but there's nothing about a movie involving Sylveon on Serebii?
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2013-02-14 at 05:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    All I see is all Eeveelutions together :P I don't speak Japanese, but there's nothing about a movie involving Sylveon on Serebii?
    The mini movie is about the eeveelutions, they chose to released info on Sylveon instead of 100+ other new pokemon, and the seemingly random ribbon in the movie title image which we now know is a huge aesthetic aspect of Sylveon.

That's too big of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

At this point, I can't possibly imagine what type Sylveon will be, other than normal. I mean, everyone seems to be pointing at the name and calling it ghost or flying, but I just don't see it. People try use the "nymph" sounding part of the name in other languages as a defining fact of it being a flying type, but when I think of something like a nymph, perhaps a fairy, in terms of pokemon, the first thing that comes to mind is Clefairy and Clefable, both of which are normal type and have similar coloring. In fact, quite a few of the pink pokemon are normal types. While that seems boring, design-wise, it's the only one that makes sense to me. Unless they introduce a new type, that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    The mini movie is about the eeveelutions, they chose to released info on Sylveon instead of 100+ other new pokemon, and the seemingly random ribbon in the movie title image which we now know is a huge aesthetic aspect of Sylveon.

That's too big of a coincidence to be a coincidence.
    Fair enough, that'll work for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Okay, this is slightly off-topic, but...

http://suikuzu.deviantart.com/art/Va...evee-354190993

I just found this too cute not to share. Props to the artist.
    That Glaceon is just to cute

I like the idea of them introducing Light/Sound as a type, two that are easily adaptable to the current game. In this case, I expect Sylveon to be Light. However, if they go the "dull" route, it's likely just Normal. Which would be such wasted potential, since Umbreon was also the first introduced Dark type, this would be a great time to use Sylveon for the same purpose.

Or they could be introducing a "Fairy" type, another idea I've heard. Sylveon, Sylv- being a suffix for a forest-dwelling fairy, could easily fit that as well. And Pokemon like Clefable, Togetic, and Jiggs could easily fit into that. I'm just saying, since they said they wanted to "Evolve" Pokemon with this gen, that's a GREAT way to continue the trend, and for the competitive battlers, turn the metagame on it's head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranox View Post
    That Glaceon is just to cute
    And Espeon

hmmmmmmmm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

hmmmmmmmm
    Awesome find, good food for thought!

All I see is all Eeveelutions together :P I don't speak or read Japanese, but there's nothing about a movie involving Sylveon on Serebii?
    Well, the image is blurred so I'm missing a word; it seems likely that it'll feature in the eeveelution-themed short film.

Or, the new fairy type is good/bad against electric.

We shall see... o_O
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, that image at least clears the fact that its not going to be a gender evolution and that it'll be the only new eeveelution this gen.

It's been many years since I played a Pokemon game, I think the last was Sapphire? Anyway I plan on getting X or Y version but in the meantime looking at Black / White or Black 2 / White 2.

If I could pick one which should it be? I think White / Black got perfect scores but White 2 / Black 2 are sequels so maybe they improved on stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    It's been many years since I played a Pokemon game, I think the last was Sapphire? Anyway I plan on getting X or Y version but in the meantime looking at Black / White or Black 2 / White 2.

If I could pick one which should it be? I think White / Black got perfect scores but White 2 / Black 2 are sequels so maybe they improved on stuff?
    Get B/W2, they improve on just about everything. They are a continuation of the story but it's not too important. Just look up a plot summary if you care.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Get B/W2, they improve on just about everything. They are a continuation of the story but it's not too important. Just look up a plot summary if you care.
    Got W2, now which starter Pokemon hmmmmm...

Kinda like the look of the leaf one and its evolution's.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-15 at 06:14 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking for awhile now that Gen V would be my final foray into the Pokémon franchise... now that we see this Sylveon *thing* that's supposed to be an Eeveelution? I'm almost guaranteed to give up on the whole thing now. I adore Eevee more than the franchise as a whole, but Sylveon makes me want to light it on fire. There would have to be something exceptional to make me reconsider at this point.

Calling it, new type; FAIRY/MAGIC type POKEMON!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Got W2, now which starter Pokemon hmmmmm...

Kinda like the look of the leaf one and its evolution's.
    If you're not bothered by the Fire/Fight typing, Tepig is a very good starter; high Attack, good defensive stats, nice movepool.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

hmmmmmmmm
    Quoting again to put on the next page and to share my thoughts.

Since we don't know Sylveon's typing, the Super Effectiveness that we so know of here starts at Flareon and goes clockwise.
    Flareon > Glaceon
    Umbreon > Espeon
    Leafeon > Vaporeon

If it is intended as a pattern, starting at Jolteon would make more sense, since he's at the top.
    This would result in:
    Jolteon > Sylveon
    Flareon > Glaceon
    Umbreon > Espeon
    Leafeon > Vaporeon

This would mean Sylveon typing as Normal/Flying is even more likely now.
    (Yes, sleeping over it works very well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon.com
    Meet Sylveon, a newly discovered evolution of Eevee! Eevee first appeared in the original Pokémon video games, Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. Experienced Pokémon Trainers know that Eevee can evolve into seven different types, and now a new Eevee evolution with a different type has been revealed! What type is Sylveon? You'll have to wait to find out! Stay tuned to Pokemon.com for more news.
    This confirms that it won't be a Normal Evolution, but something other than the others. Just thought i'd throw that in aswell for whoever thought Sylveon might be just another normal type.
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2013-02-15 at 10:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anybody else want one just because of how cute it is? I don't even care if it's awful and I usually do.

15+ Year Old Account
    This confirms that it won't be a Normal Evolution, but something other than the others. Just thought i'd throw that in aswell for whoever thought Sylveon might be just another normal type.

Eh, as likely as flying type is, i think you're reading too much into it.
    Experienced Pokémon Trainers know that Eevee can evolve into seven different types, and now a new Eevee evolution with a different type
    To me it just reads as "hey, a new eeveelution is out with a different type to the seven we've seen before". It sounds obvious, but thats pokemon.com for you.