Deleted

Guild managment problem...

Hi there guys!
    Today our guild encountered a problem. Few raiding fellas left us to form a new guild.

According to them they were sick of people who did nothing (aka Social rank)
    They are fed up with people who always ask what to do... or just sit to chat and have a good time...
    Currently they are inviting everone who wills to progress in the game (learn how to play the game)

Did I mention it's a social guild?
    Our number 1 rule is: Everyones Equal

Dont you think it is kinda selfish of them? Calling their former members "bad" just cuz they learn "how to play the game"?

I don't understand their point of view... Cuz the progressing group was nicely seperated from the social rank in many aspects...

-------
    My question... How to fix this problem...? I don't feel like inving them back since they kinda put themselves above other former members...
    Which imo is aint that nice... :P
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2013-01-04 at 11:46 PM.

Its their own choice imo. If people aren't happy with a particular guild they will leave
    Last edited by Arialla; 2013-01-04 at 11:46 PM.

I don't see the problem they have left your guild. They've formed their own guild so why would you invite them back? They might find that running their guild is more hassle than they expected and want to come back but as a social guild you are more than likely going to find this problem occurring from time to time.

Make sure your guild identity is clear. The people who left were either just total jerks, or they got into the guild thinking it was something it wasn't. Them being jerks you can't fix -- the guild identity being clear ... well, you can at least work on that.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Be adult about it. Wish them luck and keep them as friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not a good fit with your guild's philosophy. It's better for your guild and for them that they find a guild more in line with their gaming mentality.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It's not a loss if they did it for reasons you described.

The faster negative elements are gone from the guild - the better for guild's future.

I find something a bit contradictory: Your #1 guild rule is everyone is equal, and afterwards you say that your progressing group is separated from the social group, if everyone is equal how are they separated?
    I can understand their sentiment to leave, if a dedicated raiders is treated the exact same way as a social in terms of access to guild resources, I can understand why they were unhappy with your guild philosophy of everyone being equal while they felt that they contributed more without getting rewarded.

I am however still a bit confused by your wording:
    According to them they were sick of people who did nothing (aka Social rank)
    They are fed up with people who always ask what to do... or just sit to chat and have a good time...
    The bolded part, is that in raids or just people asking in general?

You are a social guild, they want to raid. If you raid in your social guild you are a Raiding guild, not just a Social guild (seriously, every guild is "social", it's a silly term tbh). Guilds which raid but are "primarily social" with "everyone equal" do not work the way people hope they do. Certain members ("raiders") will always want more and feel like others ("socials") are holding them back, you have to have rules for them to be able to set standards or they will just leave.

Moar brackets! I feel like an RPer...
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-01-05 at 02:48 AM.

Deleted
    isnt it better that they left? i can only image that it would be a lot worse if they stayed within the guild with that mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    isnt it better that they left? i can only image that it would be a lot worse if they stayed within the guild with that mindset.
    Agreed. It sucks that you probably have to recruit a bunch of new raiders now, but it doesn't seem like they were a good fit for the guild anyway. I personally wouldn't invite them back even if they wanted back in, but that's your call.