Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The shield reflect glyph only works on shields on yourself, not cast on others, just as a minute detail most don't realize... In my honest opinion Disc does not have a choice in primary glyphs at the moment; Smite, Holy Fire, and Penance (With a small reservation about the Penance glyph, due to the mana cost. Easily outweighed by the huge on-the-move utility it brings).

As for Atonement, I'm currently progressing on Sha of Fear Heroic (7% last night, fuck that boss). And I can honestly say the only thing I do on that fight is DPS. Atonement heals do the majority of the work, and I only cast other spells at specific times, and of course Shield to keep Rapture on CD.

At the moment, especially in a 10man environment when you personally make a tenth of the raid (versus 1/25th in 25man), Disc DPS is far too powerful. Why is that, you ask? No, I can't do the same amount of DPS as real DPS. However, over the course of a good Sha of Fear Heroic attempt, I do nearly 40 million damage. Now ask yourself, next time you wipe on a boss at 1%, would you want the boss to have had 40 million less health or not? Yeah, I thought so.

Basically; Atonement is fine, but Disc DPS is too good. If you're not Atonement healing as much as you possibly can get away with, you're doing your raid a disservice.

Doesn't really matter in Normal modes I guess, but there's plenty situations in Heroic raiding where your personal DPS as a Disc priest can mean the difference between a kill and no kill - particularly during progress raiding when the last few % of a boss can be the most hectic.

So yes, Atonement is good. Maybe too good.
    Last edited by Mythricia; 2013-01-09 at 11:40 AM.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    You'll usually be rolling with Inner Sanctum / Holy Fire / Penance. I've rarely seen Discs with any other set up.
    Holy Fire, Smite and Penance. Unless you're on Patchwerk, the ability to penance on the move is too valuable to overlook, IMO.

I'm seeing some good arguments for and against exclusive Atonement healing and welcome more feedback! I appreciate and have decided on my glyphs (HF, Smite, Penance) now I'm just curious about a stat priority.

Deleted
    For pure atonement? Haste (as long as you have the mana to support it, most likely not an issue if you're just smiting)>crit>mastery, which goes quite well with the stat prio we'll have for normal healing post 5.2 as well.

Silly question I'm sure but I don't need to worry about hit cap because I get hit through spirit correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    Silly question I'm sure but I don't need to worry about hit cap because I get hit through spirit correct?
    Double silly because you just get a Passive ability that increases your chance to Hit by 15% meaning that you can hit raid bosses while naked if you wanted to, you know, if you're into that sort of thing.