10+ Year Old Account

Hard to keep track of posts

Is there any plans to implant a feature that'll send a private message to your inbox If someone quotes you? I find it hard to keep track of all my posts in different sub-categories. :/
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    I think it's safer for the community, and your own sanity, to keep the "if you can't be assed to manually follow a thread you posted on, it's not that important to you anyway"-policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I think it's safer for the community, and your own sanity, to keep the "if you can't be assed to manually follow a thread you posted on, it's not that important to you anyway"-policy.
    No, not really, I sometimes post something that gets lost 7-8 pages in by the time i get back from work, there is nothing lazy about wanting to trawl through 8 pages to see if anyone actually replied, and sometimes I might reply to 20 odd threads, some of which just dissapear over time, and sometimes I cant log in for a week. The assumption its laziness is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    No, not really, I sometimes post something that gets lost 7-8 pages in by the time i get back from work, there is nothing lazy about wanting to trawl through 8 pages to see if anyone actually replied, and sometimes I might reply to 20 odd threads, some of which just dissapear over time, and sometimes I cant log in for a week. The assumption its laziness is not correct.
    I agree with this, it would be useful. Besides, sometimes threads continue after weeks or even months and you end up quoted. I'd like this feature but I don't think it'll be easy to implement...

15+ Year Old Account
    From the Suggestions & Feedback FAQ

Q: Can I be notified when someone quotes me?
    A: We'll look into it, but no promises on ETA. (Sources: 1)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    The easiest way to find out if someone quoted you is by using the search function. Go into an individual thread (or on the forum itself but you'll need to check "posts"), and type in your own name. It will come up with any post where your name is in the quote or someone mentioned your name.

Deleted
    Like Kasierith said, using the search function is probably the most effective way atm.

Type your name in the search and the word you typed will show in a yellow box so it can be visible.