some questions on Rogue PvP 5.1

I want to level my rogue for pvp, i heard many people are saying that rogue is the worst melee atm.

Should I bother playing it at 5.1 or should i wait till 5.2 ?

Since i will start at very low gear, Is the damage output way less than other classes with low gear??

what is the skill cap currently ??

rogue was soppossed to be my main in MOP, but my friends told me to not bother :/

Deleted
    I'm having alot of fun with my rogue currently. Rogues only problem is sustained damage outside of shadow dance and survivability. If you don't have vanish or cloak in a bg and 2-3 people are on you, you're basically dead.
    I started with the leathering gear and slowely upgraded to full dreadful and it wasn't that bad. You can output some nice burst with shadow dance even with sub par gear.
    Skill cap would be above average i'd say. You're a CC monster and HAVE to use everything you got against geared enemies.
    Even if i die alot in BGs its just fun to control someone for 20+ seconds and put out some nice burst. Some people like it and some don't.

I look forward to 5.2.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    I want to level my rogue for pvp, i heard many people are saying that rogue is the worst melee atm.

Should I bother playing it at 5.1 or should i wait till 5.2 ?

Since i will start at very low gear, Is the damage output way less than other classes with low gear??

what is the skill cap currently ??

rogue was soppossed to be my main in MOP, but my friends told me to not bother :/
    Start playing it now just so you have a grasp on how they operate currently vs how they were played in 4.x

The biggest problem is the ramp-up of combo points needed to really push your sustained dmg. For example having to keep SnD and rupture / garrote bleed on your target is big. So if you've played a different melee such as Ret Paladin or Warrior, you'll notice a big difference in that you won't see numbers until you've set up properly.

In terms of the damage you WILL see, you won't notice anything great until you get a hold of your Malev weapons (i.e. 40%+ pvp power). Once you hit that, you'll start seeing your damage become niche in landing kills with dance / Sblades.

As it stands currently, the skill cap vs a good / bad rogue is pretty noticeable. This is mostly due to our kills being landed via proper stunlocks, use of cc, and management of SnD + SV.

To put it simply, rogues are definitely the underdogs right now. However; if you play the class properly, you can give the utility and land the kill when the time calls for it.

Just don't expect to be able to take someone down in a dance. For now, know that you're carrying stuns and tons of other moves to disable players, and use that to turn the tide.