Name: Illidan Stormrage

Title: The Betrayer/Lord of Outland

Race: Night Elf/Demon hybrid

Weapons: War glaives of Azzinoth

Name: Cho'gall

Title: First of the Ogre Magi/Leader of Twilights Hammer

Race: Ogre Mage (mutated)

Weapons: The Hammer of Twilight

I thought these two facing in combat would be a very even match up, both masters of magic, both heavily mutated and have become entirely different beings, also both have been heavily influenced by Gul'dan, they are also physically well built combatants they are on even footing. Duel to the Death Illidan vs Cho'gall!

Old God powers/corruption>>>Demon corruption.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

My vote goes to Illidan, faster and independant > controlled by Sinestra and more strengt

Besides, Illidan's weapons are cooler. Even though I got Cho'gall's hammer on our first kill

Illidan wasnt anything special but a traitor and sexy piece of ass.

SO yes cho'gal wins hands down mainly because he is well over powered

That would be an interesting match-up. Having played every warcraft since 2, this is how I think it would go down: First encounter Cho'gall would surprise Illidan with his cunning, strength, resourcefulness though it would be a fairly tough fight. However, the arrogant elf would not be content to let the matter rest and would run all over the world finding an edge to best the ogre magi. He would return in the end with some secret artifact to destroy Cho'gall.

And then whoever was more relevant to the story would win.
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2013-01-05 at 07:28 AM.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

I'm guessing most people who vote Illidan just have their rose-tinted glasses on.

As a Warlock, I control both of their elements (Affli-Cho'gall/Demo-Illidan), therefore all I care is that they are no match for me atm

Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    Illidan wasnt anything special but a traitor and sexy piece of ass.

SO yes cho'gal wins hands down mainly because he is well over powered
    Cho'gall was just a pawn, several notches below Ragnaros, Al'Akir and ofc, Deathwing. Illidan would wreck him. Shandris Feathermoon took him on and drove him out of Feralas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I'm guessing most people who vote Illidan just have their rose-tinted glasses on.

http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Twin_Blades_of_Azzinoth > http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Hammer_of_Twilight

Also Illidan Beat the Lk, Magtheridon, ETC

Cho'gall got his ass stomed by night elves

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Twin_Blades_of_Azzinoth > http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Hammer_of_Twilight

Also Illidan Beat the Lk, Magtheridon, ETC

Cho'gall got his ass stomed by night elves
    The Twin blades wasn't made from the powers of the Old Gods like the Hammer was so Hammer wins.
    Old God corruption beats all.

Also, might I remind you Illidan got his ass handed to him by Death knight Arthas.

Illidan:
    Effective Level: 73.
    HP (25-men): 4 249 280.

Cho'gall:
    Effective Level: 88.
    HP (25-men): 81 082 048.

They are far from being equal. Lore is lore, but game provides information about their power measured in numbers, which shows a huge difference between their combat capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Illidan:
    Effective Level: 73.
    HP (25-men): 4 249 280.

Cho'gall:
    Effective Level: 88.
    HP (25-men): 81 082 048.

They are far from being equal. Lore is lore, but game provides information about their power measured in numbers, which shows a huge difference between their combat capabilities.
    In game numbers have nothing to do with power in lore.

Let's not forget that Illidan singlehandly killed Tichondrius who was about the same in power and ranked as Mannoroth. He beated Magtheridon too. Illidan and Arthas were very close in power when they fought. Arthas edged out the victory. They both could have killed each other. Illidan was really strong in raw power.

I voted Illidan.

He doesn't come with atalking pimple with a single digit IQ.
    While he did use Demonic Energy from the Skull of Gul'dan it did not control him.
    He has the A-Team of Kael'Thas and Vashj, Teron Gorfiend and more.
    He was actually did conquer all of Outland before the Dark Portal was reopened. Cho'gall couldn't even get the Twilight Highlands to himself.
    Smarter, faster, more resourceful, even backed by Kil'jaden and most of the Burning Legion itself.

The only reason we got near him was because of a man on the inside and months of preparation for a high stakes coup.

Cho'gall just left the door open.

In lore Old God corruption is dangerous but nothing in lore still compares to an agent with the power to bring the Legion to a planet.
    Part of me still believes a little part of Illidan was doing his best to make the Legion/Sargeras feel they had already beaten Azeroth and there was no longer a need to bring the "Real Invasion Force" of the Legion. Maybe that is me believing Blizzard is still holding out on us.

The cool thing about this fight is that they're both connected by Gul'dan.
    Illidan using his skull to empower himself and Cho'gall being tutored by Gul'dan himself.

As strong as a fighter Illidan may be, he's not the amazing man people seem to think he is.
    He only stood a chance against Arthas because Arthas was not yet the Lich King and then he still lost.
    As for Cho'gall..

Garona found the [Base of Atiesh] within the corpse of C'thun and brought it back to the surface. While Med'an's powers were truly phenomenal, it looked as though they would not be enough to defeat Cho'gall - now a horrifyingly deformed avatar for the Old God - and desperation set in. Cho'gall began the spell that would summon the Old God to Azeroth and signal the world's destruction. In a desperate gambit, Meryl channeled the fel energy that tainted Atiesh's base to Med'an, who used his powers to cleanse it and strengthened himself further. Furthermore Aegwynns power fueled Med'an even further, and when he touched the base of Atiesh, it reformed. With the combined powers of the Council, Meryl, Aegwynn and the staff of Atiesh, Med'an destroyed Cho'gall, burying him beneath the rubble of Ahn'Qiraj.
    And he survived even that.

So unless you think Illidan is stronger than the combined powers of the Council, Meryl, Aegwinn and the staff of Ateish this match will go to Cho'gall.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexo View Post
    The cool thing about this fight is that they're both connected by Gul'dan.
    Illidan using his skull to empower himself and Cho'gall being tutored by Gul'dan himself.

As strong as a fighter Illidan may be, he's not the amazing man people seem to think he is.
    He only stood a chance against Arthas because Arthas was not yet the Lich King and then he still lost.
    As for Cho'gall..

And he survived even that.

So unless you think Illidan is stronger than the combined powers of the Council, Meryl, Aegwinn and the staff of Ateish this match will go to Cho'gall.
    Fun fact: Arthas in W3 beat the crap out of an Old God on his way to Icecrown with Frostmourne. Illidan survived the "Fury of Frostmourne" which not even the Old God's could hold out against.

Frostmourne>Illidan>Old God(C'Thun)>Cho'Gall>Council of Tristfal................................Every Blue Dragon in the game

Also may I point out that before he ever touched The Skull of Gul'dan he was powered by the first real source of magic in the world the Well of Eternity. He is the Black sheep of the Nightelves and works towards a higher if not darker purpose.

Before the Old God's mutated him he was just another shaman working under Gul'dan. Always a pawn in someone else's schemes it seems.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-01-05 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Fun fact: Arthas in W3 beat the crap out of an Old God on his way to Icecrown with Frostmourne. Illidan survived the "Fury of Frostmourne" which not even the Old God's could hold out against.

Frostmourne>Illidan>Old God(C'Thun)>Cho'Gall>Council of Tristfal................................Every Blue Dragon in the game
    Fun fact that was not a Old God, it was a Forgotten One.
    Try reading up before posting: http://www.wowpedia.org/Forgotten_one

I did, maybe you should too, but seeing as you don't I'll let the rest know

Here's a quote from the site you just posted genius

The forgotten ones are massive and powerful tentacle-bearing aberrations living in the deepest reaches of Azjol-Nerub. Forgotten ones seethe below, eager to return to the world above.[2]

In Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, there was a chapter entitled The Forgotten Ones where Arthas and Anub'arak fought through an army of faceless ones and tentacles, with a massive Forgotten One as the boss at the end of the mission. The forgotten one lead the mysterious faceless ones, and it could "spawn" armies of tentacles and faceless ones to aid itself.

it is possible that there was more then one forgotten one. The chapter being entitled "The Forgotten Ones" implies that there were more than one of these creatures, and Anub'arak points out that the forgotten one fought by Arthas was but one of the creatures by saying it was "a forgotten one".

In Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom and the Dragon Soul raid, faceless ones called Forgotten Ones can be seen. What this means for the race/term is unknown.

Chris Metzen in BlizzCast 12 stated that Blizzard "had old gods in Northrend in Frozen Throne".[3] It is unknown what he was talking about, but it may have been the Forgotten One.

also
    That is your smelly tentacle Faceless forgotten Old God the Frostmourne Kicked that crap out of.

Illidan is just bit stronger demon hunter

Chogall was directly empowered by the old gods

no match

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    First of all it wasn't old god(Should be Yoggy)

It's something like the tentacle pits you see in Dragon Soul raid

Furthermore Arthas had his entire army to fight with him - He wasn't by himself

Deleted
    Chogall is the biggest badass in series.