What's it like in the UK?

So, I dont know if I will even get any responses to this but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I have always been fascinated with the UK, I LOVE any movies about the UK, whether they be crime movies, or comedies etc. I am not ignorant enough to think everything in the movies is how it is in real life, but I am sure as a "foreigner" watching anything American made gives some impression as to what it's like here. I am a HUGE football(no not the American) fan. I'd really love to go to some real games, or hell, at least they play them on TV over there. I have always had a dream of moving to a small village/town in the UK out in the country where I could own a plot of land and kind of keep to myself, maybe run a farm or something, or work in the town and get to know everyone kind of thing. I was just wondering what it's like in the UK and in those small villages? Is there a lot of violent crime there? Is it nice? Any kind of insight into this kind of stuff would greatly intrigue me. Thanks to any who reply.

I've always been a (London) city kid, but in regards to your question about crime, crime levels are a fair bit lower out of major cities (the likes of London, Manchester and Birmingham, etc) than in more rural areas.

From some crime stats published last year:
    "The rate of violent crime was considerably lower in rural areas; in Rural 80 areas the rate was 9.4 per 1,000 people, compared to 16.2 per 1,000 people in Major Urban areas."

I hope that's of some use.

Deleted
    The countrysides are full of people looking to get away from it all, create their little castle and live peacefully in a small community. I was born and raised near London but city life never appealed. I now live in Devon on the footsteps of the Dartmoor National Park and I have to say I love it.

Lots of opportunity to find a small village with a nice pub, buy a cottage, grow your own veg, own a dog, go walking on the moors on a Sunday morning and get to know everyone in the village. As a long-time village dweller one thing I will say is; Village life isn't all it's cracked up to be at times. Everyone knows everyone but everyone knows everyone, if you catch my drift. Some people love being insular, some grow to hate it.

That said, you can't beat Sunday lunch in your local pub with the dogs and family.

I lived in UK for 2 years and enjoyed it very much there. London is beautiful.