Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Obviously this is going to be a trade-in thing.

The cost of the new heirlooms (1-85) is going to be EITHER 1500 JP OR trade-in the old one and get the new one.

I love reading the stupid comments from players crying about stuff that is barely on the PTR.

Another really interesting fact is that heirlooms generally have stats based on the expansion you are in. So for instance, at lvl 58, a green item from BC will actually have much better stats than your heirlooms.

This principle is expanded greatly with 80-85 because there are so many incredible MOP rare items that have level requirements at 81. Those type of items will be far superior to what a lvl 81 heirloom is. A lvl 81 heirloom might be ilvl 330 or so.. there are plenty of ilvl 442 rare items from MOB that a lvl 81 can use. My monk is not there yet, but I have been buying up MoP gear for him to use from 80-85. I know I have an ilvl 442 weapon he can use at 81 and a few other items with ilvls above 400. Even with slots that have exp bonus, 100 ilvls is a lot to pass up.
    Someone on the WoW forums claims to have been on the PTR and says it's trade in the old item PLUS Justice Points, like some of the Tier Gear from Wrath.

15+ Year Old Account
    Might as well scale them to 90, an expansion is more than likely next year.

Another really interesting fact is that heirlooms generally have stats based on the expansion you are in. So for instance, at lvl 58, a green item from BC will actually have much better stats than your heirlooms.

This principle is expanded greatly with 80-85 because there are so many incredible MOP rare items that have level requirements at 81. Those type of items will be far superior to what a lvl 81 heirloom is. A lvl 81 heirloom might be ilvl 330 or so.. there are plenty of ilvl 442 rare items from MOB that a lvl 81 can use. My monk is not there yet, but I have been buying up MoP gear for him to use from 80-85. I know I have an ilvl 442 weapon he can use at 81 and a few other items with ilvls above 400. Even with slots that have exp bonus, 100 ilvls is a lot to pass up.
    You are missing the entire reason behind heirlooms, it is the exp bonus not the stats; 45% additional exp is huge for leveling.

15+ Year Old Account
    beta is beta. ptr is ptr

10+ Year Old Account
    If that island is an attempt to get more warlock players... it's a good idea :P
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I'm happy to see another class getting their own "area" so to speak. I would love to see more of them ^^

i think the green fire will be cool Warlocks getting some love.

http://imgur.com/7IxxE - stat progression. So great heirloom ups are on 58/68 levels. And no - Green items from BC have more stamina but less all other stats on 58 lvl.
    Last edited by lukoil; 2013-01-06 at 09:22 AM.

I would pay through the nose for heirlooms if they were truly BoA like mounts are now. That is the only way they can justify the prices they are planning to impose. Long story short, they will realize the mistake when no one buys them, or they just don't care.

Good think I don't play warlock another thing they add to wow I'll never see along with rogue quest and all them other class only stuff.

Heirloom items... why the fuck couldn't they just update their scaling to 85?

No, instead they make it a 'different' item... how fecking retarded to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think Hunters would just be sad you missed them out entirely >_>
    The whole wild world where they can find rare pets is their area.

Don't care too much about the heirloom upgrade.. it's only 5 lvls which go fast nowadays anyways.
    Just came to say that the Daily Blink was awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Someone on the WoW forums claims to have been on the PTR and says it's trade in the old item PLUS Justice Points, like some of the Tier Gear from Wrath.
    I am currently playing on PTR and that is how it is.

3500 JP to upgrade your heirlooms with 5 levels is way too much. Even for 10% xp for 5 levels.

I rather go level my alt instead of farming JP for hours. In the time I can farm 7k JP for 20% extra xp for level 80-85 I can just level my alt from 80 to 85. Unless I am planning to use these heirlooms on at least three characters or I am JP capped by doing things I was already going to do anyway it's very unlikely I will upgrade them if the price stays like this.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tgrhwke View Post
    The whole wild world where they can find rare pets is their area.
    To keep us busy by making us farm more JP. Like it is fun to do even more mindnumbing heroics.

I wonder how they are going to do this next tier and the tier after that. Do they really expect us to keep running these stupid heroics the whole expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    To keep us busy by making us farm more JP. Like it is fun to do even more mindnumbing heroics.

I wonder how they are going to do this next tier and the tier after that. Do they really expect us to keep running these stupid heroics the whole expansion?
    And then to think people rly want to farm mindnumbing heroics with a tabard equipped
    Farming the JP will be quicker then the leveling. And hopefully they drop the prices a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think Hunters would just be sad you missed them out entirely >_>
    Whole Azeroth is for Hunters :P

But just to be serious. Who gives a damn what class' get. Roll a warlock, play the island. Notice you get bored playing a warlock and go play your main again...

Finally Green Fire woot