Removing Elusiveness from Feint and making it passive would fix Rogue in PVP.

It still wouldn't compare to Defensive Stance, and it's not too far off from Deadened Nerves + Recuperate during Cataclysm.

Elusiveness is some what useless in competitive PVP because it can't be used when Rogues need it (while stunned/feared). Just removing Elusiveness from Feint, and maybe reducing it to 16% damage reduction -- but making it's effect active all the time would probably make Rogues a lot more viable in competitive PVP.

5.2 addressed Rogue DPS, but not Rogue survivability which is what they currently need.

Deleted
    It would be the easiest fix, but I'd sooner settle for feint getting "This spell is usable while stunned, frozen, incapacitated, feared or asleep"

While we're talking about feint, can we get it off the global cooldown and add a glyph to remove the energy cost, but give it a short cooldown?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    While we're talking about feint, can we get it off the global cooldown and add a glyph to remove the energy cost, but give it a short cooldown?
    yea, lets macro it into all of our abilities, sounds good

>permanent 30% damage reduction

Yeah, about as likely as warlocks getting their old soul link back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaul2013 View Post
    Elusiveness is some what useless in competitive PVP because it can't be used when Rogues need it (while stunned/feared).
    The thing about Elusiveness is giving us rogues a chance to choose between using our enery for damage or defence. A good rogue should try to prevent cooldowns and stuns such as shockwave to negate some damage. Giving rogues a 30% dmg reduction which is spammable and won't cost anything would imo be stupid. Notice that i play rogue myself and indeed i think rogues haven't been over the top this expansion.

Predicting a stun can be the difference between a good and bad rogue

Actually judging by rankings, rogues arent really behind this season. I think the main problem is, that rogues a really punishing class for newbies as it imho got the by far highest learning courve for endgame pvp. But tbh i dont see no way to make the Meleeglascannon less punishing without killing its playstyle. But besides that, i think fixing Mage and Warri damage aswell as fixing heal will do the Trick here Roguse not underpowered but Burst and Heal is over the top.

I think having it passive is a bit OTT. Adding the effect to recuperate would make the opportunity cost pre emptive, and recuperate worth using.

honestly.. it would just feel lazy..

and 5.2 isnt to fix our dps, our dps is fine, I kill targets in under 5 seconds nowadays if they are still (full malv/t2 weapons)

the patch is to help our mobility. not damage per se.

but this is overkill, I use elusiveness in arenas, and rbgs.. and I find it fantastic, i keep it glyphed (a choice im not thrilled with but hey ho) and it lasts around what, 7 seconds? this is easy as hell to keep up. esp when I know damage is incoming. for extra win if you are facing alot of warriors (I tend to.)

glyph clos/feint and laugh as they try and 1 shot macro you down :P

If it became passive, it'd likely end up a no-brainer talent to use for PvE as well, since it'd be strong damage reduction without any penalty.

I see preporation baselined as a huge buff to our survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchy View Post
    It would be the easiest fix, but I'd sooner settle for feint getting "This spell is usable while stunned, frozen, incapacitated, feared or asleep"
    This would be the best imo

Making it passive would be absurd but I dont see why not , I mean , warriors get the same thing with no penalty to their damage. And I`m not even going to mention Second Wind , ohwait I just did , that talent is just ABSURD.
    Last edited by InFlames-; 2013-01-06 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    I agree for the most part, its not hard to keep it up but its just a pain in the ass.