Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Chinese Father Hired Virtual Assassins To Kill Son In Game

Hello, not sure if this has been talked about before, quite an amusing story of a father in China fed up of his son playing online games:

One father in China has recently taken an innovative step to try to discourage and prevent his son playing too much on online games. Getting tired of his son not looking for work and continuously playing games he reportedly hired players in game to target his sons character to kill him whenever he logged in to play.

The 23 year old son, Xiao Feng later on came to the conclusion that his dad had hired these players as he knew his father wanted him to prioritise on getting a job. The assassins repeatedly killed Xiao Feng’s character, only targeted him, which made him even more suspicious. Xiao Feng insists that he will not just take any job, but wait until he finds the one that suits him the most.
    Source: http://waychina.co.uk/2013/01/04/vir...ss-son-online/

smart dad, I'll do the same if I ever get kids
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I bet the other kids parents were telling them to get a job too, and now they have a job in game!

Deleted
    Haha this is hilarious, way to go dad.

Deleted
    Father of the Year This is genious!!

Deleted
    This is Brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    He got owned.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

I laughed

Then I read the 23 year old part, and his excuse,

Pass the shotgun

He should have tried to get employed by his dad to kill his game character

He should start a company that sells on-line assassinations. That will teach his dad!

How would that work precisely if someone is constantly ganking you then you can report them and possibly ban them for harrasment

It doesnt say which game he plays would be intersting to know

10+ Year Old Account
    Creative, but its no replacement for good parenting. Cut off JR's internet and see how quick he gets "just any job" to get it back.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I believe it. Only the son is named, a very common Chinese name. No father, no location and no information about the game or who was responsible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Only the son is named, a very common Chinese name.
    Are there non-common chinese names ? How original can you get when you only have a few thousand family names for over a billion people ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    Are there non-common chinese names ? How original can you get when you only have a few thousand family names for over a billion people ?
    My point is that it's a good sign that this is just made up. A news story doesn't have to be the truth, but there is nothing to verify here. Without a location, game, father's name it was easy for whoever made it up to just throw in a kids name to make it seem like it was real but leave you 0% chance of actually finding out what happened.

Deleted
    It's a new world

Deleted
    Most Honorable Father would be dismayed to find that dishonorable son had rolled on PVE server!

Props to the father if this is true.

My point is that it's a good sign that this is just made up. A news story doesn't have to be the truth, but there is nothing to verify here. Without a location, game, father's name it was easy for whoever made it up to just throw in a kids name to make it seem like it was real but leave you 0% chance of actually finding out what happened.
    There is a source on the page to a Chinese article on the report, perhaps this gives extra information However it is in Chinese
    http://game.people.com.cn/n/2012/122...-20041705.html

I'm not sure I believe it. Only the son is named, a very common Chinese name. No father, no location and no information about the game or who was responsible.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2404111.html

I saw this on HuffPost a few days back. I'm not sure information is a 100 percent accurate. It has more information then the other link though.

10+ Year Old Account
    One father in China has recently taken an innovative step to try to discourage and prevent his son playing too much on online games. Getting tired of his son not looking for work and continuously playing games he reportedly hired players in game to target his sons character to kill him whenever he logged in to play.

The 23 year old son, Xiao Feng later on came to the conclusion that his dad had hired these players as he knew his father wanted him to prioritise on getting a job. The assassins repeatedly killed Xiao Feng’s character, only targeted him, which made him even more suspicious. Xiao Feng insists that he will not just take any job, but wait until he finds the one that suits him the most.
    The maxim of many young people who are looking for work.