The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Possible glympse of concept-model for Human males?

So I was watching the Warlock-island video and when the camera panned around the green circle with the placeholder human, something struck me as odd. The human had thinner arms, wrists and it's posture was much less He-man and more human... now this could be a conceptual design and I know how designers (I'm one of em) sneak little conceptual models into certain things as placeholders.

Could this be it?

Check at 00:23

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say. Maybe, yes, but I would like to take a second look at it. Unfortunately the best view at 0:27 is still too far away.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Yup, looking at it in HD and fullscreen I would say that's the Chuck Norris base model, as opposed to the regular human male model.

Deleted
    It's the human placeholder model that Blizz always to point out a NPC zone. Nothing new.

Deleted
    Actually I believe there are multiple human models already, go to Northrend Alliance side to Borean Tundra. I believe on the farm just outside the keep you do quests for what appear to be old versions of the male human, the fat guy and a really skinny guy. They might just be custom for those NPCs but I doubt they'd make entire new models just for a handful of random quest NPCs. So my reckoning is that the game already has a 'skinny' human model, and that might be what they use there. it depends really, if I had a closer look I could see if it was highly detailed, if not, recycled beta model, if it is, new model!

The model and textures seem to be the same, but the skeleton is definitely modified. I wouldn't look too much into it, maybe they just misplaced it or something else caused the stretch.

Nothing new.

The skeleton is just not in a pose we're used to seeing.

Just normal human PH model

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    Yup, looking at it in HD and fullscreen I would say that's the Chuck Norris base model, as opposed to the regular human male model.

you have no idea what your saying.
    its a measuring tool. i use such things when i drive into 3d
    Last edited by Edds; 2013-01-05 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post

There you have, guys. Thank you, Edds.

Deleted
    Placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's the human placeholder model that Blizz always to point out a NPC zone. Nothing new.
    Yeah, nothing interesting here.

To elaborate; Blizzard use these static mannequins to measure scale when designing new areas. The reason it looks different is because it is actually the alpha/beta version of playable humans with all its animations removed.

I don't know how you can think this is "the new human model"... it's years older than the current human models.

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    Except we already determined that Chuck only had a few custom parts on a perfectly normal human model.

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post

Is this from Model viewer? I need some images of this from different angles for personal reference.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Actually I believe there are multiple human models already, go to Northrend Alliance side to Borean Tundra. I believe on the farm just outside the keep you do quests for what appear to be old versions of the male human, the fat guy and a really skinny guy. They might just be custom for those NPCs but I doubt they'd make entire new models just for a handful of random quest NPCs. So my reckoning is that the game already has a 'skinny' human model, and that might be what they use there. it depends really, if I had a closer look I could see if it was highly detailed, if not, recycled beta model, if it is, new model!
    Those models were reeeeeaaaaally old artifact models, basically from pre-alpha. Blizzard puts them in to break up the monotony every once and a while. You can see similar models in old hillsbrad as well. There's a whole set of old human, high elf, orc, and forsaken models in the game files.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's old, and we've already had this discussion.

All models have that stance as their standard "no animations" stance. Even Trolls have that stance, without a hunch. It's likely the ultimate placeholder for stuff players aren't supposed to get to unless you're MMO-Champion and have people make you software to get there.

Plus, this model looks worse than the Chuck Norris one. Norris had some animation problems, and tore the model at times, but looked like something Blizz could clean up to make a working model. This thing has textures worse than ours, and the shoulders are sitting at the totally wrong spot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)