Warlock Island = Deathwing's Lair?

If you have not seen the video yet it's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GLgI17_IK4

So the warlocks or more specially Council of the Black Harvest are very interested in empowering themselves with the powers of Deathwing, Cho'gall and Ragnaros.

For more information about that see: Legacy of the Masters (Part 1)

Now the Deathwing's Lair that was absent from TBC is still somewhere floating around since the Nether Drakes hatched after the destruction of Draenor.

The video of the Warlock Island shows a dragon lair through merely a copy of Maw of Neltharion it could be the lair.

Deleted
    Retconned out of existence.

The island seems to be in Shadowmoon Valley. I'm not sure where Deathwing's lair was suppose to be but I guess it does make sense that it would be close to the Nether drakes.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    The island seems to be in Shadowmoon Valley. I'm not sure where Deathwing's lair was suppose to be but I guess it does make sense that it would be close to the Nether drakes.
    Deathwing's Lair was supposedly located to the East of Hellfire Peninsula on Draeonor. Considering Shadowmoon Valley's close vicinity, I think the Warlock island could very well be Deathwing's Lair.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

entirely possible its the same location, however the 'lair' seems a tad small to fit Deathwing's entire body inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Retconned out of existence.
    or at the very least any important battle taking place upon it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    If you had looked at the link I posted you would know. http://www.wowpedia.org/Deathwing's_Lair
    This is east of Hellfire Peninsula of course, but that doesn't mean that the skybox should be that of Hellfire Peninsula.
    The Shadowmoon Valley skybox is way more fitting anyway :)

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    entirely possible its the same location, however the 'lair' seems a tad small to fit Deathwing's entire body inside.
    Things like these are not supposed to be on scale to their lore equivalents. Have a look at Onyxia's Lair entrance or Karazhan from outside for example. Also they obviously won't bother making a new cave model for something like this.
    Last edited by Nozg; 2013-01-05 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    Right now, it can be anywhere. Even the sky can be a placeholder.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Fileraenor_map.jpg?c=1

Seems like a stretch but it just might fit. The placeholder is a nice clue, considering Outland is related elsewhere in the quest chain.

I was thinking the same thing, or at least tied into his son who we last saw in Outland I thought.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if it's supposed to be in Outland I'd suspect it would be a good place for it. Now the idea of it being Deathwing's lair? I don't think it's plausible, there is too much Fel energy in the area, one would think Deathwing would feel uncomfortable about it but I'm not Deathwing so I could be wrong. Still, Warlocks getting an island? Not cool man, not cool.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Well if it's supposed to be in Outland I'd suspect it would be a good place for it. Now the idea of it being Deathwing's lair? I don't think it's plausible, there is too much Fel energy in the area, one would think Deathwing would feel uncomfortable about it but I'm not Deathwing so I could be wrong. Still, Warlocks getting an island? Not cool man, not cool.
    You do realize this is kind of a one-off thing, for a single quest line. To be fair, not too much different than the whole starting zone DKs get, or how Monks get their whole own Temple in Kun-Lai Summit. And this will be visited even less likely than those locations.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

I suppose it could be Deathwing's Lair. The Council of the Black Harvest is certainly interested in Deathwing's nature, and Outland is a very logical place to be if you want to study demonic magic in general.

However given the presence of Stormwind/Orgrimmar portals, I'd probably hazard a guess and say it's current purpose will be to function as the Warlock's "sanctuary", sort of like the Moonglade is for Druids or the Peak of Serenity is for Monks.

Perhaps over the very long term Blizzard intends to add class-themed zones for all classes. Warlocks were simply first on the agenda, partly because we may have a Burning Legion themed expansion coming soon, and partly because of the current scarcity of Warlock protagonists.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize this is kind of a one-off thing, for a single quest line. To be fair, not too much different than the whole starting zone DKs get, or how Monks get their whole own Temple in Kun-Lai Summit. And this will be visited even less likely than those locations.
    I don't know about that. Seems too suspicious to just do it for a questline. I am suspecting it is like a sanctuary.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Not if he's stomping around it in his human form.

Seems to me that it could be the lair of the council of the black harvest or a meeting place for them with all the demonic gateway looking / altar looking things placed about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Deathwing's Lair was supposedly located to the East of Hellfire Peninsula on Draeonor. Considering Shadowmoon Valley's close vicinity, I think the Warlock island could very well be Deathwing's Lair.
    That is, after all Outland is like a puzzle the old Draenor: still we do not know all the pieces that there are, and little by little we will know them.

In fact an upcoming expansion could be fully or partially developed in Outland (apart from updating existing low level areas) by adding new zones.

This is definitely good news: we return to Outland.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    That is, after all Outland is like a puzzle the old Draenor: still we do not know all the pieces that there are, and little by little we will know them.

In fact an upcoming expansion could be fully or partially developed in Outland (apart from updating existing low level areas) by adding new zones.

This is definitely good news: we return to Outland.
    I still think they're going to ignore Draenor and jump straight to Argus for a super-expansion next to celebrate the big 10-year-anniversary.

But it is good to see they're in Outland.... but Ragnaros? No no no. Warlocks are not shamans.

They are the heralds of the Legion, after all.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    That sounded funny

It's been a long time since Deathwing was last there, and the fel corruption should have come afterwards, shouldn't it?
    Yeah, I am sure of that. If I am right, Deathwing abandon his liar after the 2nd War. He want hiding in Deepholm and when he returned he had no reason to go back. the fel taint would have came after the planet blow up.

I hope this is Deathwing's Lair. It would be great for lore.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-05 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I still think they're going to ignore Draenor and jump straight to Argus for a super-expansion next to celebrate the big 10-year-anniversary.

But it is good to see they're in Outland.... but Ragnaros? No no no. Warlocks are not shamans.

Not anymore, they are breaking away from that past. Heck, that's the point of Warlock epic quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

nah argus is way too soon its the legions main head quarters. you know what i think would be cool? Xoroth the Nathrezim homeworld. just imagine it undead everywhere along with demons and we could actually for the first time kill dreadlords (dreadlords can only die if killed on their home planet xoroth) hell masybe theirs even a space lich king @_@ whos to say the nathrezim never empowered anyone else like they did to nerzhul? plus dreadsteads everywhere and they could have demon hunters as playable class.

it would be epic @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552